Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 13th, 2015, 02:53 PM
3 GIFs in a Trenchcoat

Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Heroscaper Guy is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I was just thinking that in my past experience with Magic, all the summoned creatures were more in line with a fantasy origin. I don't recall any modern or sci-fi units but it has been a while since I've played so I may be forgetting something or maybe they have included these types of card in the newer expansions. Perhaps then the best way to try import classic HS units into the new Arena game would be to only allow fantasy and medieval historical units (knights, samurais, gladiators, vikings, etc.) to cross over. Losing out on the KMA and Q10 would be unfortunate but the game play experience might be better for it. Of the 16 A+ & A ranked classic HS units, 9 of them are outside of the fantasy realm. Perhaps removing non-fantasy units from the equation when combined with the new summoning rules and magical enchantment spells will revitalize the value of many of our underused classic HS units. It would be kind of nice to have the Wolves of Badru and McDirk Warriors get a game system where they can be a solid option.
There is some that could be borderline sci-fi, (The Phyrexians, some Robot-like Constructs, Slivers, etc.)

"They are too numerous to fight. What shall we do?" "Fight anyway."

"You can never defeat another if you know not how to defeat yourself."
my tradelist
Old July 13th, 2015, 03:29 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Yodaking,

Personally, I don't feel any need to reinvent the wheel for units we already have in Scape; I'll just use what we have.
I think the main objective is to have another avenue to use our heroscape product in a supported system again. On top of that we have always created custom for heroscape and some even create magic customs. I wouldn't call it reinventing the wheel so much as supplementing games we like with another simply because one is the spiritual successor to the last. Also many of us are probably too impatient to wait till 2016 to army build
Old July 13th, 2015, 05:22 PM

gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness gamjuven wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
.....and some people might want to just play the game as it is.

I'm starting to think Arena should have an entire sub forum, like Marvel, for custom and official topics.
I agree completely
Old July 13th, 2015, 06:11 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamjuven View Post
Quote:

I'm starting to think Arena should have an entire sub forum, like Marvel, for custom and official topics.
I agree completely
I too agree. Maybe we can contact an admin? I don't know who has editing privilages.
Old July 13th, 2015, 06:35 PM

TheFace is surprisingly tart

Quote:
I just wish there was a fansite like this one for the new game. Obviously there is still time, lol. But the game WILL need either big support from the manufacturers (unlikely), or a fanbase that creates interest. Just like what Heroscape HQ and then this website did for Heroscape. It's the fans that will spread this game I think.
So what could/should that look like?

I run TheReservePool, a site for Dice Masters that includes forums, three podcasts, and a host of regular contributors. I'm a fan of supporting stuff that I like big time. What could be done for AP that could be meaningful?

And what would it be called?

I'm all for pitching in.
Old July 13th, 2015, 08:50 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

I'd love to contribute as well. Long time player of mtg and miniatures games and custom content enthusiast.
Old July 13th, 2015, 08:56 PM

TheFace is surprisingly tart

Not that I'd presume to step on a place like this - but I do think the game needs a way to grow on its own, to really dig into how the planeswalkers interact with their spells and squads, etc.
Old July 13th, 2015, 09:33 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I agree completely
I too agree. Maybe we can contact an admin? I don't know who has editing privilages.
To prevent unnecessary contacting and all that, you should know that it is being discussed.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old July 13th, 2015, 11:40 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I got mine from Amazon today and played 2 games with my daughter tonight.

We played Nissa vs. Chandra and Nissa won that one pretty quickly when she played Titanic Strength on an elemental giving it 8 attack dice and she rolled all crossed swords against Chandra.

I then wanted to see how balanced they were against regular Heroscape so we played Chandra vs. Knights, Sir Gilbert, and Nilfheim (500 points). Chandra played with the Magic rules (except we did use rounds and rolled initiative every round) and the knights used order markers. The knights looked like they were going to steamroll but then Chandra played some nice card combos to take out both Sir Gilbert and Nilfheim in one turn. In the end, 3 knights remained alive and took the victory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 13th, 2015, 11:47 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

How did you handle the plainswalker when using the round and OM rules from HS? Did all OMs just go on the plainswalker and then the pw could activate any squad they wanted? Did the game end when the pw died?
Old July 14th, 2015, 12:09 AM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The planeswalker did not use OMs in our test. We just kept track of who won initiative, took 3 turns each, and rolled again for initiative. We did not end it when the planeswalker died as that's not a new rule but a scenario objective in the new Magic set. When the planeswalker dies, you just cannot summon units or cast spells anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 14th, 2015, 01:13 AM
Empty Fist Shaking Power Codex Architect

Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness Confred wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I've adapted "reserve" to my customs, did so since I first heard the term, but bringing it to light now that this is getting traffic.

Essentially, cards like Airborn Elite say "This starts the game in reserve" instead of "This doesn't start the game on the battlefield"

Mercenaries have costs, if they aren't paid, the figure isn't destroyed but is placed in reserve. Some powers let opponent's/any player use mercenaries/figures in reserve

It's a fluid game mechanic/tech I'd like to see others use

My Customs: Classic, RPG, Supers, Fiction, Space Hulk
Let's take your vision to pristine together.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion