Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 20th, 2008, 04:50 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Heroscape and ANGRY wives

My wife plays with me because she is completely awesome. She gets excited when I bring new figures home and I actually got the most recent Elves as a gift for her.

Old July 20th, 2008, 04:51 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

My parents got a little angry with me for spending 119$ on Wave 8, TJ, and AA. My dad just shook his head, (he can't really say anything because he collects preserved bugs) and my mom asked me when I was going to be done. I had no idea what she was talking about.
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:53 PM

jormba2006 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrugKiller View Post
My wife just rolls her eyes! Next time your wife says something about it, tell her there are worse things you could spend your money on like drugs or call girls.
I actually tried a reply very similar to this one recently. Turns out the wife was not in the mood for smart remarks. Now however, she refrains from passive-aggressive verbal comments and merely rolls her eyes when I come home with new HS stuff.
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:56 PM
worthless thread clother plotting in his secret island lair

kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun kolakoski is a penguin with a machine gun

My wife has an entire cabinet of Betty Boop. I just bought my first figure (Elric, Annerios' Custom), to play with my friend Charley (who has ALL the figures and numerous multiples). So I anticipate no trouble with acquiring figures in the future. Anyways, she's a gem (fully supports 2 nights a week Karate + Karate camp + beach training + gym in between and professional accompanist for singing + 1 or 2 nights out alone to clubs to sing, etc.).
Old July 20th, 2008, 05:09 PM

fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla fomox is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

My wife is completely uninterested, and has, at times, been a bit antagonistic about it. But she has softened quite a bit recently.

She said she realized it was something I really enjoyed, and she should support that, just like I support the activities and purchases she likes. I was a bit taken aback, actually. And after the tournament last weekend, she even suggested taking the whole family next year, and letting my son watch Dad play a few games.

[Next step, getting her to actually play by 2010. (Hey, I'm realistic.)]

I don't think it is very helpful to argue about it, or to spend a lot of time defending your purchases or attacking hers. Do I understand why she wants a fifth pair of strappy sandals? No, but she likes them, and we can afford them, so I'm happy to see her happy. The same goes for my fifth set of Templar Cavalry.

(I never actually made that argument, though. Or any argument. I think she just sort of realized it at some point.)

Certainly, your wife is more important than Heroscape. (You didn't imply that she wasn't, of course, but it's good to keep things in perspective.)

Also, if you already have a ton of hobbies/expendtures, you may need to rethink things. If the heroscape is your only thing, okay. If it is on top of new golf clubs, video games, sports jerseys, cigarettes, DVDs, online game subscriptions, crystal meth, hunting, concert tickets, etc, well . . . something has to give.

But I do think you can get her to be okay with Heroscape, even if she's not very interested in it. If you're a good husband and father, and you're doing the things you're supposed to be doing, I bet she'll come around to at least being happy about how it makes you happy.

Last edited by fomox; July 20th, 2008 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added last paragraph
Old July 20th, 2008, 05:21 PM

Utgarsrage is surprisingly tart

Well, considering my wife has a 4,000+ point Jandar Army, she really can't say anything. Actually, she was the one that bought our first MS. She was tired of me always playing 40K and leaving her out of the loop. So she went to our LFGS, asked what game was easy to learn that was similar to Warhammer. She came home with RotV and Heroes of Durgeth set. We have been hooked ever since.

Good Trades with: Rudyvalentine X2, omgitsjihad, Jim, dredd Stev, Yikes, Temp. Nerd, Syvaris the ruler, southwest ninja, Nerdcorerocks, Ensignoftheunit, Einar Gen., Mossman, MuttLo, Ted_Danson
Old July 20th, 2008, 07:42 PM

CHAZ! is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

my girlfriend only gives me crap when i buy figs of ebay. because i end up paying 10+ dollars for 1 fig.

Old July 20th, 2008, 07:56 PM

omen20154 is surprisingly tart

I am not married (been divorced for a little over a year now). Now having said that Heroscape is the only mini game that most women want to learn how to play.

I think its the dragons!! I am being serious. I often throw cookouts where I have a standing board set up in the dinning room. Most of the women that see the board with the figures set up want to know how to play.

I have had more fun after the cookouts because of women that wanted to know how to play the game than ought to be legal.
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:13 PM

MegadeV knows what's in an order marker MegadeV knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
I have twenty five gift money left and then have to wait for my birthday!
Just use your allowance to buy gift cards. Then a few weeks later when you want to buy more 'Scape stuff, you can say "look, I'm using my gift cards!"

9+ RotV - 7 SotM - 6 FotAk - 6 RttFF - 3 VW - 3 TT - 3 TJ - 1 Marvel - 3+ of each common - playing since Dec '05

Megadev's Repaints and Customs
BattletechScape
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:28 PM

jsilvrs is surprisingly tart

My wife only gets angry when we go to long between games or the dice are not rolling her way.

Great Traders: Huggable Zombie
Old July 20th, 2008, 08:51 PM

Hatchetbill has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomo6 View Post
My wife is completely uninterested, and has, at times, been a bit antagonistic about it. But she has softened quite a bit recently.

She said she realized it was something I really enjoyed, and she should support that, just like I support the activities and purchases she likes. I was a bit taken aback, actually. And after the tournament last weekend, she even suggested taking the whole family next year, and letting my son watch Dad play a few games.

[Next step, getting her to actually play by 2010. (Hey, I'm realistic.)]

I don't think it is very helpful to argue about it, or to spend a lot of time defending your purchases or attacking hers. Do I understand why she wants a fifth pair of strappy sandals? No, but she likes them, and we can afford them, so I'm happy to see her happy. The same goes for my fifth set of Templar Cavalry.

(I never actually made that argument, though. Or any argument. I think she just sort of realized it at some point.)

Certainly, your wife is more important than Heroscape. (You didn't imply that she wasn't, of course, but it's good to keep things in perspective.)

Also, if you already have a ton of hobbies/expendtures, you may need to rethink things. If the heroscape is your only thing, okay. If it is on top of new golf clubs, video games, sports jerseys, cigarettes, DVDs, online game subscriptions, crystal meth, hunting, concert tickets, etc, well . . . something has to give.

But I do think you can get her to be okay with Heroscape, even if she's not very interested in it. If you're a good husband and father, and you're doing the things you're supposed to be doing, I bet she'll come around to at least being happy about how it makes you happy.
Very wise.
I'm lucky enough to have a wife who likes to play Heroscape but unlucky enough to have a wife who is better at it than me.

We don't necessarily have to understand each others hobbies but we understand that its something that enriches the others life, makes them happy, relieves stress, provides social opportunities, etc. For example, I don't really understand her need to spend hundreds on gardening, I just get that she enjoys it. Thats good enough for me. I hate gardening.
Sure, we annoy eachother from time to time but if any hobby of mine constantly made her angry then I'd make the decision to drop it in a second. In the end no hobby compares to her.

We are saving for a down payment on a house right now so we'll both be cutting back on hobbies but we've aggreed that when we get that house its going to have a big garden for her to dig in and a games room in the basement
Old July 20th, 2008, 10:21 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegadeV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
I have twenty five gift money left and then have to wait for my birthday!
Just use your allowance to buy gift cards. Then a few weeks later when you want to buy more 'Scape stuff, you can say "look, I'm using my gift cards!"
Not when my dad want me to deposit the money and save it until college. I hope when I get a real job and leave home I can buy as much Scape as I want!

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion