Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

View Poll Results: What Kind of 'Scaper are you?
Terrain Enthusiast 99 22.86%
Newbie 68 15.70%
OCD completist 73 16.86%
Competitive/Skirmisher 120 27.71%
'X' Fan 26 6.00%
Other (please specify) 47 10.85%
Voters: 433. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Et tu, Jaxet?

Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth Jexik is a man of the cloth
What Kind of 'scaper are you?

I think a lot of the disagreement about master sets, terrain expansions, and unit selection come from different philosophies. Although we all love Heroscape, we love it for different reasons. Maybe after hearing what all the different types of people feel about various ideas for expanding HS, it would help to know how many of the different kinds of people there are.

Terrain Enthusiast- This player likes to build really big maps. Pile on the hexes!

Newbie- This player just got started. She wants to be able to find what she wants, and for the game to be playable right out of the box. Attracted to 'cool' figures and terrain.

OCD completist- This guy doesn't care. He'll buy four of everything.

Competitive/small game player- This type of player will buy enough terrain to make room to play a 500 point game, but eagerly awaits new figure expansions.

X Fan- This player really likes one specific general, race, whatever. Maybe it's elves. Maybe it's Samurai. Maybe it's This player will race to get this one type of figure, but might be turned off by the kind that he doesn't llike.

I think it's safe to say that there are a fair bit more Newbies in the general public than we see on this site.

Edit (3/25): I was looking back through a thread I made a long time ago asking about why people had so many Master Sets, and I realized that spider_poison is probably to blame for this line of thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Way back in August, spider_poison
There are lots of different types of Heroscape players. Here are a few:

1. Unit players-These people google at the stats of the new units and their possibility in a winning tournament army. Terrain sets are cool, but only to build the 1 MS maps+Terrain set maps. The extra units (Dumutef, Spiders, Dzu-Teh) are cool, but not that big of a draw.

2. Collectors/Art People- These people like the game of Heroscape, but the potential of more terrain means greater possibility when building that one awesome map. Extra MS figs also allows these people to do lots of repaints if they so desire.

3. The Fanatics- These people have adopted the Pokemon phrase where you gotta collect 'em all. No matter what Heroscape product is released, these people have a set number of unique packs and common packs that they need. If they see a sale at their local store, they'll pick up the Heroscape item simply because it's on sale even if they already have 5 sets. Hasbro especially loves these people .

Me? I'm probably about 80% the first type and 20% the second type. I'm pretty crappy when it comes to being artistic, but I do enjoy doing repaints of figures every once in a while. They may not look nearly as good as DMG or Cupid's Art repaints, but I have fun giving my extra figures a little more personality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomox View Post
(I've also played many matches with great, fun people who were using Q9. So using Q9 doesn't make you a tool. But being a tool sure seems to make you use Q9.)

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion