Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old February 2nd, 2024, 01:18 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth
Re: What Board Game Are You Currently Playing?

Memoir 44, helping my pal "train" for the Dutch Open, which he'll be attending for the first time this month over the pond. He brought me many maps from the US, French, Dutch, and now Belgian Con scenarios from past years!

I play all 11 Commands & Colors games, including all of their dozens of expansions. I run a discussion thread for the entire series on BGG here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/123...rd-borg/page/1
Old February 5th, 2024, 03:41 AM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Bravo!, Carcassonne Hunters and Gatherers, Munchkin Dungeon and Deep Vents.

Old February 5th, 2024, 11:23 AM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Memoir 44, helping my pal "train" for the Dutch Open, which he'll be attending for the first time this month over the pond. He brought me many maps from the US, French, Dutch, and now Belgian Con scenarios from past years!
Sounds fun! I always enjoyed Memoir 44
Old February 5th, 2024, 10:59 PM

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Fleet: The Dice Game, Gin Rummy and Dungeons, Dice and Danger.

Old February 6th, 2024, 09:55 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Have a pal coming over for his first game of Commands & Colors Napoleonics, my favorite of the 11 light wargames in the series. We'll go back to the first Peninsula battle in the Core Game.

Another game of The Last Kingdom coming up this weekend.

Dune: War For Arrakis (CMONl) is shipping delayed yet again, but I'm enjoying the rush of new photos, videos, and comments from those who recently received theirs on BGG.

While I wait for it here in NYC, its being shipped the wrong way through the Panama Canal to California! Sheesh.

Last edited by chas; February 7th, 2024 at 06:22 AM.
Old February 6th, 2024, 10:47 PM

Turing Machine x2, Deep Vents and Timeline: Science and Discoveries x2.

Old February 7th, 2024, 06:29 AM

My good pal and fellow member of The New York City Gang of Four (see signature line below) Taeblewalker plays two or three sessions a week upstate, during which he often plays multiple titles with several different area groups. This includes driving down to NYC once or twice a month to join me here.

Here in NYC I run games about that often at my place "The Game Palace." We play one game here at a time, often twice or two different games if not playing a long one each session, which also happens often.This includes at least one game of Heroscape per month (for the last 17 years except during COVID), and other board games. I send out an online newsletter with my schedule of games and comments on them. If you live in or near NYC and would like to get on the mailing list, which goes out to over fifty players, although I haven't heard from some of them for a while.
Old February 15th, 2024, 03:26 PM
Most Effort : Least Points

Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Nukatha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Recent Plays:
Cascadia
Abducktion
Cat in the Box
Stranger Things: Upside Down
Wow Rob made that one very difficult.
Any advice for repeated attempts is appreciated. Four player seems like you don't get enough turns to equip players and then get to the Upside Down to deal with the Demogorgon and save Will.
I theorize that 3 players is the sweet spot, and that using Mike to explode one van early on is essential.

Edit: Tried Season 1 with just Mike (To blow up the van, remove two Demogorgon stacks, AND refill the action deck in Act 1) and Dustin (2 move), and had a much smoother experience. Turns are spread too thin with 4. It would take at least 12 turns to equip the whole party with 2 items and an ally, which is just too long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn
The simple step of a courageous individual is not to take part in the lie.

Last edited by Nukatha; February 18th, 2024 at 12:24 PM. Reason: Revap of Stranger Things 2-playwr
Old February 20th, 2024, 02:27 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Playing the new Cyberpunk: Gangs of Night City game a bit. Really enjoying it. Having a ton of variety with the Kickstarter goodies, its neat to see how even the simplest seeming additions add a ton of decisions and strategy. Its a really well thought out and tight game. Definitely helps that I'm a big fan of the video game and universe in general, but the game stands on its own.
Old February 27th, 2024, 05:13 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

At a local convention this last weekend. Got to play a handful of stuff.

Cartographers
Jokkmokk: The Winter Market
Vienna
Spectre Ops
Blood Rage
Stone Age

And I hosted Cyberpunk: Gangs of Night City and C3G Heroscape!
Old February 28th, 2024, 09:05 AM

Just got my shipping notification for Dune: War For Arrakis (by CMON). No date yet. My neighbor's copy is getting here first, supposedly this week. I should be solitairing it and playing it face to face in March! There are now 15 other Dune board games out there, but this one is by the designers of War of the Ring and Age of Conan, and only takes two hours to play! The reviews so far are very positive; Roy Cannady of The Dice Tower just rated it 10 out of 10!

Just played two more games of Commands & Color Napoleonics. This is my favorite of all 11 C&C Series games, which I own with all of their dozens of expansions! These were the third and fourth battles for a pal who hasn't played CCN before.

I will be playing Ventura once again this weekend, with Taeblewalker and others. Two of my pals have played and liked it so far, since I got it as a Christmas present last holiday.

Last edited by chas; February 29th, 2024 at 10:54 AM.
Old February 29th, 2024, 10:30 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Had a great time last week at the annual Con a bunch of my gaming crew holds. Titles of note:

Autobahn
Black Rose Wars
Everdell
Scholars of the South Tigris
Valletta
Atiwa
D.E.I.
Dominant Species
Endless Winter
Troyes
Vindication
51st State