Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion
AotP General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old July 15th, 2015, 05:49 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Magic: the Gathering Strategy Board Game

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Now, do any of you really, honestly think that Hasbro created this Magic game for the Heroscape community.
I don't think that. I think that idea is silly.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 15th, 2015, 05:53 PM

jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby! jwsanner2 rolls all skulls baby!

I think we already need another thread to separate the people who want to talk about the game from the people who want to talk about whether/how we should talk about the game
Old July 15th, 2015, 05:54 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishnakh View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Griz, if people were talking about HeroQuest and BattleMasters as much as people will be talking about this game, they just might have gotten their own subforums. But people are not talking about those games more than in whatever handful of extant threads already exist for them, so there is no need for a subforum for them.
I'd like to add that you shouldn't underestimate the influence that HeroQuest has had on modern day gaming.

Just for fun here's a whole web page on a site dedicated to Quest that converts HeroQuest to Heroscape. It's complete with spells that summon beings.

http://oldscratch.smackwell.com/cgi-...num=1194240479

And if you look on page 3 you'll find our good friend GrungeBob posting, as well as Sgt Hulka, who used to hang around here.
That is awesome Grishnakh. I saved those rules for later and will be tweaking them to try sometime.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old July 15th, 2015, 05:59 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwsanner2 View Post
I think we already need another thread to separate the people who want to talk about the game from the people who want to talk about whether/how we should talk about the game
Let's talk about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old July 15th, 2015, 06:26 PM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Ah, but where?
Old July 15th, 2015, 08:18 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by quozl View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorcrayons View Post
I'm already seeing a couple forums for Arena of the Planeswalkers pop up.
Please share.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chas View Post
Ah, but where?
Apparently here:
http://planeswalker-arena.boards.net/
Old July 15th, 2015, 10:19 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Do you guys hear that? I think I hear a Doggin crying. Dund is extra sad now because the Planeswalkers don't even have order makers to remove.
Old July 15th, 2015, 10:42 PM

GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker GeneralRolando knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please share.
Quote:
Ah, but where?
Apparently here:
Even with the existence of sites like this, I think a sub-forum should still be considered. I would prefer to have the location to talk about both games in the same place, rather than have to register a new account to a new place. Not that it's that big of a deal, I just like my good ol' scape community and don't want to get tied up with new and unfamiliar people. haha (I've had some bad experiences with Magic fans as a whole.)
Old July 15th, 2015, 11:03 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

^ What he said.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old July 15th, 2015, 11:40 PM

Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby! Colorcrayons rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralRolando View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Please share.
Quote:
Ah, but where?
Apparently here:
Even with the existence of sites like this, I think a sub-forum should still be considered. I would prefer to have the location to talk about both games in the same place, rather than have to register a new account to a new place. Not that it's that big of a deal, I just like my good ol' scape community and don't want to get tied up with new and unfamiliar people. haha (I've had some bad experiences with Magic fans as a whole.)
Of course. "One stop shopping" forums are popular for that reason. Just look at Boardgamegeek. Talk about any game in their database on the forums in each game entry.

But I do still refer back to my previous post regarding it's presence here. I'd prefer to discuss it here, but there are major hurdles in doing so without the air of negativity that is more than prevalent here, despite it being a perfect fit for this site. Your mileage may vary, of course.
Old July 16th, 2015, 12:04 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Hogg,

Dund won't be sad at my house, because they will have OMs!

Colorcrayons,

Patience is a virtue.
Old July 16th, 2015, 12:04 AM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

They have a Heroscape section on their forums. Just sayin'....

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell

Go Back   Heroscapers > Arena of the Planeswalkers: MtG > AotP General Discussion