Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old November 1st, 2007, 11:53 AM

DS-00-0, FSD has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_calvin
you so cwazy.

That's cool your mom traded you an expansion for your candy. You don't need it anyway. Actually, I might trade my kids for some candy.. I am shooting for dentures by 40.
After being subjected to two root canals and three crowns, I wish I had just given up and went with the above idea.
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:22 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth
Quote:
Actually, I might trade my kids for some candy.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:35 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS-00-0, FSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajj
How to write a post:

1. Think
2. Remove all extraneous or irrelevant thoughts
3. Write

Post without these rules:

Once I had this shirt I really liked. It was red. I like frogs. Disney World is a fun place. Are the Ashigaru or the 4th Mass the better range squad?

Post with these rules:

Are the Ashigaru or the 4th Mass the better range squad?

OP, which sounds more understandable?
He went out trick or treating. He got loads of candy. He's diabetic. Since he cannot eat the candy, he traded it for Heroscape.

It's perfectly understandable.

Your post, however, read like this to me:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajj
I'm a weapongrade arse and I like to inflate my own ego by trying to put others down because I'm actually a little peon with little in life to cling to. Now is the time in my post where I point at you and laugh. I am so cool!!

Personally, I can deal with the former post and do without the latter.
LMAO

Old November 1st, 2007, 01:45 PM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
$$$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher
A local dentist is offering $5 per pound of candy that is dropped off at his office. I joked with my son, who has at least 3 pounds, that he could get an expansion if we turned some of his candy in. He didn't like the joke . . .
This is when you go to the store buy all the Holloween candy now on clearance and cash it it in for some profit.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old November 1st, 2007, 01:52 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Lol~

Bad wording makes that read horribly.
I swear, I wouldn't trade my kids for candy!

Well those strawberry whoppers are pretty tasty. but .. no. I couldn't trade my slave labor for anything.
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:09 PM

DS-00-0, FSD has disabled reputation
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade
Quote:
Lol~

Bad wording makes that read horribly.
I swear, I wouldn't trade my kids for candy!

Well those strawberry whoppers are pretty tasty. but .. no. I couldn't trade my slave labor for anything.
Just wait until they get older and the law of diminishing returns kicks in.

You'll be back... **Waives a bag of Strawberry Whoppers**
Oh yes, you'll be back.
Old November 1st, 2007, 02:35 PM

DeadZa has disabled reputation
This post and its mix of reactions sums up why I like and dislike the game Heroscape so much actually. Kids of all ages can play, but as a game with some level of competition inside it brings out some real jerks. I love Heroscape even if sometimes I think it can be slightly childish but honestly that “oh wow” appeal of gonzo fun is what makes Heroscape Heroscape. Having a game of Ninja vs Samurai vs WWII Vet vs ANYTHING you could ever imagine is silly awesome fun.

To the original poster: Hope you like your packs, the wave 7 Vampires and Zombies are what convinced me to start playing again actually.
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:17 PM
Admin & Site Supporter

mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby! mrbistro rolls all skulls baby!
Geez Louise! I'm glad people want to stick up for the underdog, but pick your fights guys. Good-natured ribbing is neither unhealthy nor uncalled for. I do the same thing with my close friends, as do most folks. Chill out. Seriously. And adding name-calling to the mix (such as arse or jerk) hardly keeps you on the pedestal of moral superiority.
Old November 1st, 2007, 05:55 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Personaly, I thought the correction was done pretty gently and with good humor. The original post read like a kid hopped up on sugar letting loose a stream of consciousness. Difficult but not impossible to understand. The advice given was valid and important if the poster wants to write better.

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old November 1st, 2007, 06:57 PM

grizz is surprisingly tart
Ok maybe I jumpped the gun but with all the nasty remarks about peoples grammar the last thing that came to my mind when reading that post was that it was "done pretty gently and with good humor". Also if they are friends or it was just "Good-natured ribbing" than adding would have made that more clear. Just my

Old November 1st, 2007, 07:07 PM

DoesntCompute has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by grizz
... the last think that came to my mine...

Amazing grace how sweet the sound
that saved a wretch like me
I once was blind but now I see
Old November 1st, 2007, 07:09 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
I thought Rajj's satire on a poorly written and clearly not proof-read post was just that, satire. In fact, I thought it was funny satire, and I quite enjoyed it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion