Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs
Dungeons & Dragons Customs Hey the title says it all

Old November 8th, 2011, 10:11 AM
The Spartans of HS Tourneys

ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth ZBeeblebrox is a man of the cloth
Re: dalu's D&D custom

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
Missed this guy the first time around. Love the figure. I'm curious where you initially started his point level? At first glance (and this seems to be the typical first reaction from what I've read) 200 seems a bit low. My first thought was 250. Of course then I saw that he suffers from the same affliction as Su-Bak-Na. A hard hitter who can't defend himself.

I have to get my hands on this figure.
I so agree with nyys...this is a coll design and an awesome figure. Nice job dalu!!

C3V Current Broadcast 4/29/2015
C3V Testimonial from " Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen"
MY MINIATURE COLLECTION -- NEW VALHALLA
Old November 8th, 2011, 04:18 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Missed this guy the first time around. Love the figure. I'm curious where you initially started his point level? At first glance (and this seems to be the typical first reaction from what I've read) 200 seems a bit low. My first thought was 250. Of course then I saw that he suffers from the same affliction as Su-Bak-Na. A hard hitter who can't defend himself.

I have to get my hands on this figure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
I so agree with nyys...this is a coll design and an awesome figure. Nice job dalu!!
Thank you nyys and ZBeeblebrox

I know 200 points seems a bit low at first.
But compare with Braxas, Tor-Kul-Na and Charos (all flying and with bondings).
Braxas POISONOUS ACID BREATH is far better than Furious Trampling.
Charos has 5 defense with counterstrike.

Orogoth is an anti-squads hero, with 1 or 2 opportunities to hit at a priority targeted hero:
Thanks to Furious Trampling, it's difficult to block him with multi-engagements.
Thanks to his many lives and Devour, he doesn't fear to disengage if needed.

In playtests, 200 points of squads will very often beat Orogoth.
Don't forget that with 200 points, you get 10 Stingers, or 16 Romans.

In opening game, Orogoth can rush towards a too exposed Raelin, doing great damages on his way.
The best thing is that Realin's aura can't help against Furious Trampling.

Orogoth will often die before killing 200 points, but if the enemy has lost one full squad and Raelin, you will not regret him too much.
Old November 16th, 2011, 09:01 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Hoping this guy arrives today in the mail (I went out an ordered one immediately after seeing this unit), so I can give him a whirl, though I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight my son for who gets to use him.

If he's as fun as I think he's going to be, then I think there's a possible SoV nomination here.

-insert signature here-
Old November 16th, 2011, 11:52 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
If he's as fun as I think he's going to be, then I think there's a possible SoV nomination here.
Only if you beat me to it. ... which you probably will, C3V has backed up my playtesting time and I haven't had a chance to run him at all.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:00 PM

dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla dalu is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Hoping this guy arrives today in the mail (I went out an ordered one immediately after seeing this unit), so I can give him a whirl, though I have a feeling I'm going to have to fight my son for who gets to use him.

Thank you !

I'm sure your son will not let you use Orogoth before him.
But you will discover that Orogoth is not so strong, you have to take care of him if you want to have your 200 points back.
Old November 17th, 2011, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Only if you beat me to it. ... which you probably will, C3V has backed up my playtesting time and I haven't had a chance to run him at all.
Thank you !

I can't wait to read your thoughts about Orogoth after playtesting.
Old January 30th, 2012, 03:01 PM
Heroscapers Project Extraordinaire

White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death! White Knight is hot lava death!

My son and I just had a great battle with Orogoth!

My son's army
Orogoth
Syvarris
2 squads of custom wolves
Spoiler Alert!

1 squad custom dimetrodon (2 in a squad)
Spoiler Alert!

My army
3 squads of Goblin Cutters
1 squad of Deathstalkers
Moltenclaw
Glurk (goblin leader custom)
Spoiler Alert!

The battle was played on my custom battlefield:

Glacier Creek

My goblins tried to hold the bridge, but Orogoth started stomping on them. I sent in Moltenclaw, but Orogoth took him down. Slowly my goblins got whittled down to less than 1 squad by Orogoth and Syvarris, but they did take out a few wovles and the elf.

I sent the Deathstalkers to try to take down Orogoth, but they only wounded him. Finally, it was down to 1 dimetrodon and a wounded Orogoth versus Glurk and 1 goblin cutter. Orogoth took out the cutter, but the demon whiffed against Glurk and somehow Glurk took him out with two mighty swings of his little axe.

Glurk faced off against the final dimetrodon and was destroyed.

Overall, the battle came out very even. From the beginning I had to plan my whole strategy around taking out Orogoth (without feeding him too many goblins!)

Thanks for a great design!
Old February 3rd, 2012, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
My son and I just had a great battle with Orogoth!
Thanks for a great design!
Thank you very much to both of you for testing my custom.

Orogoth vs Goblin Cutters: for sure an epic bloody melee battle !
Orogoth can't use Furious Trampling nor Devour against Deathstalkers nor Moltenclaw, but Deadly Strike can be devastating.

Your customs are strong and original, it's difficult to judge all that stuff in one single battle, but I'm very glad that:
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Knight View Post
Overall, the battle came out very even. From the beginning I had to plan my whole strategy around taking out Orogoth (without feeding him too many goblins!)
Just what I expected from Orogoth.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards > Dungeons & Dragons Customs