Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old February 17th, 2012, 12:13 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: I'm gay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaemon Awa 123 View Post
First off, I'd like to say that I'm Christian, so I'm not disagreeing with you on religious values.

Anyway, consider those with mental illness. They're born that way, the same as gay people. Is it a sin to be mentally retarded?
It is not a sin to be mentally retarded. It is not a sin to be tempted to homosexuality. The difference between mental retardation is that someone who has this kind of a disability really was born that way, whereas the homosexual chooses not to seek help to overcome homosexuality. Race, gender, or even mental illness is about who you are, but homosexuality is about what you do.
Okay, alright.

I wanted this thread locked because I knew if we re opened it, we'd get idiots like you spouting off gibbity nonsense, and furthering the problem our society has.

Do you think you can change your sexuality? If you wanted to, could you really be attraccted to men? And really think about this. Could you really change so that you'd only check out men. Be interested in their hair.Their pecs. Their smile, face. Not care about other stuff in a woman.

I doubt it.

So--you are born with what you consider an "illness". Yet this illness doesn't harm society. Nothing wrong is occuring. If two consenting adults get together and have tons of fun, no issue. If they happen to be guys, no issue.

Therefore, how is it an issue? Because of your beliefs? Oh, yeah, that's real fair. I suppose I could say I don't like judgemental people. I think they are a sinner. I think that they are doomed to hell immediately. I shall pray for your soul of course Prometheus.

I suppose that sentence above seems real kind, and not at all mean to you. Oh wait--it doesn't.

Hiding behind your beliefs to persecute another people is as awful a thing to do as many others. Homosexuality has existed throughout history, but the LGBT community has of late been trying to fight for equal rights. It's come to more public attention, but not much has changed.

Studies estimate that somewhere in 1/4 to 1/3 LGBT youth try to commit suicide because of the pressures they face from hatred and bigotry. We have a duty as society to try and help ourselves make an open and safe world for all people. To accept everyone as who they are, as long as it isn't something that is harmful to others. Being gay harms no one. They are born that way.

And that's one other thing. Most species have been shown to have gay relationships. Why would animals be gay? It's not like they can choose. God must have made them that way. Therefore if being gay is an inborn characteristics of the animal world, and an uncontrollable feeling, then why should humans be any different?

So I'm sorry if I rambled, but my main points are thus:

1. Being gay harms no one
2. You can't choose your sexuality
3. How is being gay a problem then, and anything we should accept with less than completely open arms?

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:34 PM

Prometheus is surprisingly tart

Well if you're arguing the "animals are gay" point, then may I point to the fact that animals kill and each their offspring. I guess that makes it okay for humans to do it?

I have heard testimonies of ex-homosexuals, God can change your attraction to the same sex.

L.K.R.

Last edited by Prometheus; February 17th, 2012 at 12:39 PM.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:41 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Well if you're arguing the "animals are gay" point, then may I point to the fact that animals kill and each their offspring.
Boy, your god sure makes a lot of mistakes. Or are you going to tell me that animals are sinners too?
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:42 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Well if you're arguing the "animals are gay" point, then may I point to the fact that animals kill and each their offspring. I guess that makes it okay for humans to do it?

I have heard testimonies of ex-homosexuals, God can change your attraction to the same sex.
All I know is there would be alot less homosexuals if straight people would stop having gay babies.

All joking aside, yes you can cause enough mental anguish for a person to suppress what is natural for them, but you cannot alter the fact that they are not naturally attracted to the opposite sex and are only attracted to the same sex.

No one goes...hmmm, you know, I'm not persecuted and ostracized enough, I know, I'll "become" gay!

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM
#1 CoN Player & Charos Cultist innocently oiling another man

Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun Ranior is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
*rolls eyes*

Obviously not. I am saying it as proof that it exists in animals, being gay. It's not a phenomena arising from humans have conscious thought and deciding to ignore urges for the opposite sex and turn to the same sex.

I'm saying it should help show that being homosexual is natural. That God made it. That God put it out there. That God allows it in animals.

And now I see you edited and are spouting more nonsense. First off, even if that were true, that you can change your sexuality--why should you have to?

But even further, I'm gonna call that a very small and very unlikely section of any homosexuals. Respected science and psychologists have said and shown that you cannot change your sexual desires for a sex. They do not advocate "treatment" to "cure" homosexuality, because it harms those people. Deny yourself and your own being is never healthy or safe or right.

But, ya know, because you've met a few people who have supposedly converted, it's all good.

But, I did see your post before you edited it to. I think if we enter this with an open mind, and try to discuss and come to a better understanding, some real change can be had. But, who knows.

The main thing you still haven't answered is if you can change your sexuality? If you don't think you can, then why should others?

And please give me a good reason to why homosexuality hurts anyone. Sins hurt other people. Being gay does not. Please in your explanation refrain from using God, try to just do it on the level of the governement here, and why gays need equal rights in our country.

Ranior is DJ Khosumet the current and hopefully future Dark Lord...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Quote:
Well if you're arguing the "animals are gay" point, then may I point to the fact that animals kill and each their offspring.
Boy, your god sure makes a lot of mistakes. Or are you going to tell me that animals are sinners too?
Animals sinners? No. Animals are, however, affected by the human sin which has warped this world. If you think God made a mistake in giving us the sentience and free will which we then used to turn against him, I would disagree. He would rather have a relationship with a few people and be rejected by the rest of the world than have a sinless world entirely devoid of humanity's ability to choose to love Him.

L.K.R.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

Trying to convince a religious conservative something they believe is wrong is like trying to help a blind man to see.

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

All I know is there would be alot less homosexuals if straight people would stop having gay babies.

All joking aside, yes you can cause enough mental anguish for a person to suppress what is natural for them, but you cannot alter the fact that they are not naturally attracted to the opposite sex and are only attracted to the same sex.

No one goes...hmmm, you know, I'm not persecuted and ostracized enough, I know, I'll "become" gay!
No one says "...hmmm, you know, I think I'll become addicted to crack" either. It's a gradual process of temptation, which eventually leads to harm.

L.K.R.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbdaman View Post
Trying to convince a religious conservative something they believe is wrong is like trying to help a blind man to see.
Yeah, you can't do it without God.

L.K.R.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:53 PM

Also...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neg-rep
Those may be your beliefs, but I hope you come see just how wrong those beliefs are. I thought God was supposed to love everyone equally...
What I'm trying to say is that God does love homosexuals but not homosexuality. Jesus loved, forgave, and hung out with prostitutes, cheaters, probably even murderers. However, nowhere in the Bible does He condone that kind of a lifestyle.

L.K.R.
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:55 PM
CoN Recruiting Officer, Top Masq Sleuth, & Teller of Fantastic Tales

scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla scorpiusx is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Not to judge anyone in particular because I don't know who has done what, but I always find it odd when people who preach about the evils of homosexuality have no problem screwing their brains out before marriage.

I'm a Christian who for whatever reason is fine with both.

-scorp

scorpiusx is Khosumet the Darklord...
in THE ENEMY'S LAST RETREAT
Old February 17th, 2012, 12:56 PM
Dr Feelgood

jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jschild is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jschild View Post
Quote:

No one says "...hmmm, you know, I think I'll become addicted to crack" either. It's a gradual process of temptation, which eventually leads to harm.
Lol, so now, gay sex is apparently super addictive? Man, just keep digging that hole. Keep on pretending you know anything about the science - it's completely natural and the vast majority of gays are just like the vast majority of hetero's, they could in no way switch sides any more than you could.

Now through May 28th, the Louisville region is in desperate need of platelets - call the Red Cross if you are interested in donating!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General