Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old August 5th, 2008, 12:30 PM

Archon129 *glass shatters*
Free Heroscape Stuff

hey everyone,

Admins: if you guys have a problem with this thread, just go ahead and delete or move the post, with my apologies. I'm only putting this on here because of the potential to get free heroscape stuff, but I wasn't quite sure where this thread would fit.

Don't know if any of you have heard of it, but there is this site that i've been using for a couple years now to get free video game stuff. The funny thing is that they recently started allowing custom orders of just about anything. So I got the idea of using it for Heroscape. I've gotten two sets of FF sets and a FotA set.

I don't want to put the link in here, not sure what the rules on that are, since it can technically be conceived as advertising, so just PM me if you want the link.

Here's the catch, though. It is one of those sites where you do surveys and sign up for free offers. I know a lot of people think those are scams, and most are. This is the one place I've found, though, that actually works. I've gotten well over $600 worth of video game crap out of them, in addition to the heroscape stuff.

So if you're interested, let me know.
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:45 PM

playwitfyr is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
Re: Free Heroscape Stuff

Sounds interesting? But a little bit dodgy too.
Just U.S. customers?

It's always more fun when you play with someone,
~rather than against them
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:51 PM

MattWolf99 is surprisingly tart

Check to see what this website is getting out of the deal first, because there has to be a catch, plus they might be doing something illegal.

If I'm not on Heroscapers.com, It's because I'm playing Heroscape. Well more likely in School
Old August 5th, 2008, 05:57 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!

The free sites do give free things away... but they are technically not free. Since you have to sign up for offers... like acquiring a new credit card, or buying a car, or buying something... it is only benifitial if you would be buying that item anyway... the items pay the sites that do the servays for the advertising and that is how the free items are paid for. There is the other problem of a lot of them being fake... making the real ones lose credibility.
Old August 5th, 2008, 06:13 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

I actually used to use sites like these to get free Xbox Live cards and I used to sell them to my friends. I had a small list of about 5-10 surveys that I would do over and over, since they required the least participation, and they didn't require any phone calls, credit card information, creating bank accounts, etc.
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:48 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gomolka View Post
I actually used to use sites like these to get free Xbox Live cards and I used to sell them to my friends. I had a small list of about 5-10 surveys that I would do over and over, since they required the least participation, and they didn't require any phone calls, credit card information, creating bank accounts, etc.
Really?

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints

Last edited by holylink718; August 6th, 2008 at 09:11 AM. Reason: eliminated sarcasm
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:49 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Hey Gomolka, I'll trade you all my HS stuff in exchange for your SSN.
Old August 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM

Archon129 *glass shatters*

Yeah, some of the sites I've seen are dodgy as hell. This one has been very good since the day I started.

As far as the offers/surveys go, there are free trials, places that require a credit card, and things like that. However, this site separates them into categories. So if all you want to do is free surveys, then that's all you have to do.

The thing they get out of it is money The points that you build up while doing the survey is only a cut of what the site itself is getting. Nothing illegal about it, it's just online marketing.

But like I said, a lot of people get really cautious about these kinds of sites (with good reason). If you are like that, then I would suggest not trying it.
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby! Gomolka rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Hey Gomolka, I'll trade you all my HS stuff in exchange for your SSN.
Oh yeah sure.. here you go, it's ###-##-#### ! Enjoy!

Haha, I'm not that naive to give away my SSN to anyone. I always avoided those surveys. Anything that asked for my SSN, Phone Number or Credit Card information, I stayed away from.
Old August 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!

I'm an opportunist. I would be all over this, but one thing nags me; you do have to give your address, right? My dad would kill me in a second if he knew I gave out our address over the internet...
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:11 PM

holylink718 knows what's in an order marker holylink718 knows what's in an order marker

Nothing is free.

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.

Good trades with: lharles

Holylink718's Repaints
Old August 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkin_King View Post
My dad would kill me in a second if he knew I gave out our address over the internet...
Yeah, ever since you met that 14 year-old on MySpace that turned out to be William Shatner in drag...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion