Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old October 13th, 2006, 02:58 PM

Pattar007 has disabled reputation
What to do with common mistakes.

What do you do if you make a mistake during a game? Ex.1 Moving one character on your first turn, when its order marker is 2. Ex.2 Rolling too many attack die. Do you have any house rules for this?

Old October 13th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun
Our house rules for the dice rolls:

If too many are rolled, then the player has to re-roll with the correct number of dice (first roll is ignored).

If not enough are rolled, then the player rolls the an additional dice (or how many every to get to the correct number) -- the original dice rolled are not re-rolled.

As for the turn markers, we haven't had that problem, so haven't had to address it (yet?).
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:07 PM

aielman has disabled reputation
We play it this way

Roll X To many dice -> X number of succesful dice are taken out

2 skulls on 3 dice instead of two turns into 1 skull

Turn Markers - haven't had to worry about it yet.

Not enough dice -> if they catch it soon enough, just roll the extra dice and add to total.
Old October 13th, 2006, 03:11 PM

The only problem is I have a younger brother and he sometimes makes a careless mistake.

Old October 13th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
in friendly play, depending on what I thought the motive of the player was, I would let the out of turn move ride if I didn't think they were trying to pull something. If htey seemed shadey I might force an 'undo' Of course, revealing turn markers could help aleviate that a bit
Old October 13th, 2006, 10:13 PM

Aranas has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattar007
The only problem is I have a younger brother and he sometimes makes a careless mistake.
How old is he?

Things you might have missed in the rulebook:
Figures can't pass through friendly engaged figures.
Figures can't attack themselves.

SITE D'HEROSCAPE FRANCOPHONE, C'EST PAR ICI
Old October 14th, 2006, 07:32 AM

8 years old

Old October 14th, 2006, 09:02 AM

ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker ugly1hornedmule knows what's in an order marker
We play for fun so we are pretty easy on mistakes, we just re-roll. I have not seen moving the wrong figure on a turnb but if it seemed like a mistake we would just re-do the turn, if it keeps happening it might get a little suspicious.

Thanks for the last and greatest betrayal, of the last and greatest of human dreams.
-William S. Burroughs
Old October 14th, 2006, 09:48 AM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
We, about every other game, it seems, get someone who moves turn 3 before turn 2 or something like that. We, generally, go "Oh, frack! I messed up." and let it go at that.

With rolling the wrong number of dice, we just do a complete re-roll with the right number.
Old October 14th, 2006, 11:15 AM

DarkSpade Woo who?
Re: What to do with common mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattar007
Ex.1 Moving one character on your first turn, when its order marker is 2.
If it's caught quickly, then just take the turn back move on. If the turn can't be undone, then just swap the markers.

If it keeps happening to a player a lot, then I stop trusting that player.

Quote:
Ex.2 Rolling too many attack die. Do you have any house rules for this?
too many? reroll the right number. If it keeps happening to a player a lot, then I stop trusting that player.

Too few? just grab the missing dice and roll em. If it keeps happening to a player a lot, then I stop pointing it out.

"Y'know, I sort of assumed this hero of destiny thing would involve a lot less devastation in our wake."
Links to terrain making guides
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...c.php?p=280715
Old October 14th, 2006, 11:46 AM
Emeritus Admin

Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hex_Enduction_Hour wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Anyone sticklers on dice tower SNAFUs? Like if one die does not make it down the chute, but lands on the table or in the tray - do you still count it?
Old October 14th, 2006, 12:49 PM
Our Invaluable & Highly Esteemed Resident Chaplain

Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth Revdyer is a man of the cloth
We did have one guy who frequently rolled too few dice (we roll into dice boxes) and then would roll the one or two "short" dice right at the previous (bad) dice in the box to try and change them too. He DOES NOT PLAY WITH US anymore.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's