Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction
Fan Art & Fiction Graphic & Literary works bound only by the imagination

Old March 24th, 2012, 06:06 PM
Middle Earth's Saddest Plumber

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!
Re: Fan Fic Contest: Are you the best writer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Grim Reaper's Friend View Post
Wait a minute, didn't you have six pages written last time? Is this going to be a novel of epic action as well as epic proportions? Maybe it'll take 'til next week to just read, at which point the others will have been forgotten...
I had 6 pages to go last time. At which point I realized I had more like 10 pages to go. 4 of those got done...
Old March 24th, 2012, 07:22 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Well, I can wait personally but I don't want to keep everyone else waiting if they're waiting for the results, so do you have a ballpark estimate of when you'll be done SoA?
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:08 PM

Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death! Son of Arathorn is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassistofDoom View Post
Well, I can wait personally but I don't want to keep everyone else waiting if they're waiting for the results, so do you have a ballpark estimate of when you'll be done SoA?
'Sigh' My family has decided that a movie takes precedence over my writing time. So I'd say by noon tomorrow. I really hate to do this to you guys. If you want to go ahead and judge now, you can, I won't take offense.
Old March 24th, 2012, 08:12 PM
He should definitely get that. (#4)

TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla TGRF is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Arathorn View Post
Quote:
'Sigh' My family has decided that a movie takes precedence over my writing time. So I'd say by noon tomorrow. I really hate to do this to you guys. If you want to go ahead and judge now, you can, I won't take offense.
I'm fine with it. All that writing... it has to be worth something!
Old March 24th, 2012, 11:10 PM

BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker BassistofDoom knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'd really hate to see all your writing go to waste so I'm fine with waiting. Just do what you can.
Old March 25th, 2012, 12:33 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'd really hate to see all your writing go to waste so I'm fine with waiting. Just do what you can.
Just got back from the movie. 'Whew'. Was writing in the car the whole way to and from. They're almost to the talisman, it shouldn't be long now...
Old March 25th, 2012, 01:24 PM

Only 35 minutes until noon, my time. Can he crank out the ending in that time?
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Only 35 minutes until noon, my time. Can he crank out the ending in that time?
*Dramatic music ensues*
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:56 PM

Double post, ignore.
Old March 25th, 2012, 02:57 PM

The short answer is: no, he can't. . But, after days and days of writing, I can present to you all the rough draft of what I consider to be some of my finest work in a great while. Be warned. It totals about 20 pages, and odds are good that this thing is full of errors. I apologize for them in advance. Other than that, I can only ask that you enjoy it.

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 25th, 2012, 07:44 PM

SoA, that was awesome. It was really long and took a while to read, but it was well-written throughout and you really know how to tell a story. Here are the judging results:
Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!

Spoiler Alert!
Old March 25th, 2012, 08:10 PM

Alright, a few things:

1) Bassist, thanks so much. I really felt like that was the best writing I've done on this forum since my first win, way back last summer.

2) The prompt for the next contest will be up later tonight.

3) Due to the inactivity of Vader Fan 7, and Kaemon Awa 123 becoming engrossed with his customs/RoV, I was wondering if I should create a newer version of this thread. I can maintain it easily, it'll just be some time before I get all of it organized (you try searching through 100 pages of thread and finalized. Thoughts here?

EDIT: 1200th post in the thread!

Last edited by Son of Arathorn; March 25th, 2012 at 08:43 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Fan Art & Fiction