Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

Old January 21st, 2024, 02:53 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
MARS Philadelphia - Valhallan Valentines' Day - 2/18/24

Announcing the twelfth gathering of the Revamped Mid-Atlantic Regional Scapers! It will be at:

Showcase Comics and Games
1015 Lancaster Ave, Bryn Mawr, PA 19010

Sunday February 18, 2024
12:00 – 1:00 Setup. I will be arriving at 11:30ish.
1:00 – 5:00 4 Rounds of HeroScape.
5:00 – 6:00 Map teardown and prizes. Store closes at 6.
6:00 - Onward Dinner at TBD. 21 Pips left a lot to be desired last time. I’ll figure something else out before the event. Please let me know if you plan on attending dinner afterward, I will need to make reservations for a large group.

$10 Entry Fee. Entry Fee does not cover dinner, obviously. (100% of admission cost will be used to purchase gift certificates to the store that will be prized out to the top X players, depending on attendance)

”Valhallan Valentines’ Day”, VC Delta
There are special rules for Lovers on this Valhallan Valentines’ Day!
At the beginning of the tournament, you must choose 2 Unique Heroes in your army to be "Lovers." You cannot change your Lovers over the course of the tournament.
  • Lovers must be Small or Medium with a few exceptions. Otar is not eligible. Arthur of Sherwood, Gothlok, Me-Burq-Sa, Nerak the Glacian Swog Rider, Sir Dupuis, Tornak, and Ulginesh are eligible. (I may be amenable to adding to the list of large figure exceptions. Message me privately.)
  • Lovers must have some sort of specific, direct synergy. (For example: powers like Acolarh's Ullar's Amulet and Agent Skahen's Cover Fire count as direct synergy, powers like Ana Karathon's Protection From Evil Aura and Raelin's Defensive Aura do not count as direct synergy.) This synergy only needs to be one-sided. (For example: Tomoe Gozen gives a boost to Kaemon Awa, but Kaemon doesn't give any boosts to Tomoe, this pairing is fine.)
  • Lovers may not be Uncommon.
  • Lovers must have at least 3 life.

At the beginning of the tournament, you must choose 1 bonus. You cannot change the bonus over the course of the tournament.
  • The bonus options are 1) +1 die for Normal Attacks, 2) +1 Defense, and 3) +2 to 20-sided die rolls for powers on the Lover's Army Cards.
  • You cannot choose a bonus that is already provided by existing synergy between Lovers. (For example: if your Lovers are Estivara and Elaria the Pale, you may not choose the D20 bonus because Elaria's Queen of Thieves already boosts Estivara's D20 rolls.) This rule applies to indirect synergies such as Ana Karathon's Protection From Evil Aura and Raelin's Defensive Aura.
Both Lovers gain the following power.

Quote:
LOVER’S BOND
While both Lovers are alive, both Lovers gain their chosen bonus. When one Lover you control dies, the other Lover immediately takes 2 wounds.
For full list of eligible Lovers and bonuses, see a google sheet file HERE. If you think there is an error or if you have a question, let me know. There are a lot of possible combinations, I likely made at least one mistake on the spreadsheet.

Treasure Glyphs
Glyphs will be set per map. All maps will have 3-4 Treasure Glyphs located along the center of the map. (Gotta get that enchanted jewelry for your partner, lol.) Every map will have a Ring of Protection and 2-3 others. These glyphs will be shuffled and placed face down before each game. Players will know which treasure glyphs are on the map before the game but may not know where each is placed.

Trap: If you roll 1-5 the figure attempting to pick up the glyph takes 1 automatic wound.
  • Brooch of Shielding (Disengage, permanent)
  • Heroic Rune (Attack +1, permanent)
  • Ring of Protection (+3 Defense, temporary)
  • Scarab of Invulnerability (Ignore wounds, temporary)
  • Searing Amulet (Searing Intensity, permanent)
  • Talisman of Defense (Defense +1, permanent)
HeroScape Glyphs – Definitive List
Index of C3V Glyphs

Maps
Maps are listed below. Images and links will be added later. (That is a tedious process and I don't have the time now.)

Compact by superfrog (BoS, RoP, SoI, ToD)
Guts by Shurrig (HR, RoP, SA, ToD)
Honeycomb by Vydar_XLIII (HR, RoP, SoI) *Third glyph is the center of the middle 7-hex.
Remains of Clionesia by tannergx (BoS, HR, RoP, SA)
Venom by Flash_19 (RoP, SA, ToD)
Yngveld Pass by Sheep (HR, RoP, SoI, ToD)

Attendees
  1. Vydar_XLIII
  2. Brean of Philly
  3. Xiegfried
  4. Shurrig
  5. Heirloom
  6. JoeCrazy
  7. bigfish925 (Vydar's +1)
  8. vegietarian18
  9. Nightswipe (Vydar's +2)
  10. Starfield63
  11. Shurrig's +1
  12. Campbell like the soup
  13. Campbell's +1

Q&A
N/A.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; February 15th, 2024 at 02:06 PM.
Old January 21st, 2024, 05:27 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker
Re: MARS Philadelphia - Valhallan Valentines' Day - 2/18/24

I'm in for the tournament and for dinner! Also happy to help with two or three maps if needed.
Old January 21st, 2024, 05:46 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'm down for the tournament and dinner as well! Looking forward to it!!
Old January 30th, 2024, 10:57 PM
Online HS Season 10 Champion

vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth vegietarian18 is a man of the cloth

You can put me down as a very likely maybe.
Old January 31st, 2024, 11:54 PM

Heirloom knows what's in an order marker Heirloom knows what's in an order marker

Looks like I’ll be there for the tournament, but not supper. Thanks for running this!
Old February 18th, 2024, 10:12 PM

Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker Xiegfried knows what's in an order marker

Thanks for running this one, Vydar! Had a blast as always and played four very close and fun games. Glad to have won another memey format, and happy to have been able to play Shurrig in the finals. Looking forward to the next one!
Old February 19th, 2024, 06:38 PM

Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shurrig wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiegfried View Post
Thanks for running this one, Vydar! Had a blast as always and played four very close and fun games. Glad to have won another memey format, and happy to have been able to play Shurrig in the finals. Looking forward to the next one!
Me and my 12 sons are coming for revenge next time!
Old February 19th, 2024, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurrig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiegfried View Post
Me and my 12 sons are coming for revenge next time!
Bring it on, I'm always ready for the salty runback!

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events