Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

View Poll Results: Speed Custom Contest #14 poll
Entry 1 10 11.49%
Entry 2 16 18.39%
Entry 3 0 0%
Entry 4 1 1.15%
Entry 5 8 9.20%
Entry 6 20 22.99%
Entry 7 3 3.45%
Entry 8 28 32.18%
Entry 9 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 4th, 2008, 06:23 PM

cycoduck is surprisingly tart
Re: Speed Custom Contest #14 Poll

They all look awesome. I like the samurai camp, love the execution of that one.

Old September 4th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Sally Struthers' other brother

robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun robbdaman is a penguin with a machine gun

I couldn't vote for #8 because they took those pictures over 5 years ago.

R~

C3V and SoV! Fanscape r0xxorz!!
Old September 4th, 2008, 06:42 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Since I'm not in this one, I'l post a few coments.

#1 -- When I saw the first 2 pics I thought Valley Forge rather then Battle of the Buldge, although it clearly works for the latter too. You should throw some 5th line on it for a pic or two, I bet they would look great. Overall I really like how it turned out and think if fits the theme prefectly.

#2 -- I really like the look of the stone walls. If you can send me a PM letting me know where you got them from or how you made them as I might find myself making similar ones at some point in the future.

#4 -- Seems to me like the tents should be on the inside of the wall/gate rather then the outside. I know I would feel safer sleeping behind the walls with some gaurds on the ramparts, then in front of the walls. Then again these are orcs.

#5 -- I'm not a big fan of the Marro but your overall concept was pretty good. With the head at the top, the Marro colums looking like ribs bursting forth from the ground/chest, and the heart in the middle it all comes to gether nicely.

#6 -- This is a large piece and I like it. Very fitting for an elven camp and it gives you lots of places to battle on.

#7 -- I thought the best part of this one was the cooking pot hanging in the last pic. It turned out well.

#8 -- Very cool. Again if whoever made this one could send me a PM letting me know how he/she made or where they got the bamboo stalks and the roof from I would be appreciate it. I have a Samuri themed idea in my head I want to do but haven't worked out all the details yet.

#9 -- The fire looks very similar to the fire on the torch in the last contest and both look really good IMO. Is it sculpted out of clay? Needs more to get the true 'camp life' feeling out of it though. Even just a bedroll or two would have added alot to it.
Old September 4th, 2008, 06:57 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

This was a much tougher call than the last contest. The 3 leading entries were hard to pick between. Good luck, Entry #
Old September 4th, 2008, 08:32 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
#8 -- Very cool. Again if whoever made this one could send me a PM letting me know how he/she made or where they got the bamboo stalks and the roof from I would be appreciate it. I have a Samuri themed idea in my head I want to do but haven't worked out all the details yet.
The roof looks like it is made from cardboard.
Old September 4th, 2008, 10:10 PM

Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mossman is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

1 and 8 are my faves. I'm partial to snow terrain, so #1 got my vote.
Old September 5th, 2008, 07:25 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

I think the Samurai roof is made of corrugated plastic painted red. I do like the curl on it quite a bit and the 'kabuki show' look of the pagoda, and I really like the spikes, but the arrow targets look a bit wonky and I am not too thrilled on bases of the bamboo, although the bamboo itself turned out really, really well. Good show!

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old September 5th, 2008, 03:00 PM

insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker insomnimaniac knows what's in an order marker

What is the theme for Contest 15? September is widdling away.
Old September 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart

Wow guys! Great stuff! I had a hard time voting on this one! I am really impressed with everyone's creations! Very original and creative on all accounts! Good luck to you all!
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:26 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superflytnt View Post
I think the Samurai roof is made of corrugated plastic painted red. I do like the curl on it quite a bit and the 'kabuki show' look of the pagoda, and I really like the spikes, but the arrow targets look a bit wonky and I am not too thrilled on bases of the bamboo, although the bamboo itself turned out really, really well. Good show!
Yup, the curled up corners is what I was trying to figure out how to do.
Old September 5th, 2008, 04:40 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Its actually not corrugated, the ribs are convex not concave.

I think, if I am wrong, I give full permission to burn me at the stake.

DWARVES!
Old September 5th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby! Leif Kicker rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomnimaniac View Post
What is the theme for Contest 15? September is widdling away.

er, we dont have one yet. Any suggestions? Lots of people starting school to so things are slow all around.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles