Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 01:23 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: The Book of Yukio - Design Phase

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
I'm not sure if she's as much a "Sidekick" as a partner. Maybe go with "Mutant Team-Up" from Nite Owl instead? If you want to go in that direction.

I'm not a fan of Acrobatic Maneuver in general (I find it sort of obnoxious), and would prefer to avoid it if possible here... but that's me.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 23rd, 2014, 06:51 PM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I love sidekick/team-up type powers, so you have my vote for that. I'm also on the "don't care for Acrobatic Maneuver", but I'm not terribly against it if it fits the character.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:16 PM
Silly quozl, dinosaurs are for orcs!

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
It's been awhile since I've read Wolverine #1, but Yukio didn't really strike me as athletic enough to warrant Acrobatic Maneuver (well, no more so than any other "comic book exaggerated ninja" does). In fact, on Marvel's power grid, all of her attributes are listed at "One".
Looks like that's a mistake. Take a look at http://marvel.wikia.com/Yukio_(Earth-616)

Her Fighting Skill is a 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig Van Ness View Post
I highly recommend C3V and C3G customs!
Old May 23rd, 2014, 07:26 PM

quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer quozl is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I'm really liking this:

Quote:
NAME = YUKIO

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = SIDEKICK
PERSONALITY = FEARLESS

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 4

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 6
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 150

MUTANT TEAM-UP
After revealing an Order Marker on any other Mutant card you control and taking a turn with that Mutant, you may take an immediate turn with Yukio. During this turn, Yukio can only attack figures engaged with that Mutant and adds 1 additional attack die against an adjacent figure. After using this special power, you may not take a turn with any other figures.

FLYING BLADES SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 4. Attack 3 + Special.
Yukio may only attack non-adjacent figures with this special attack. When Yukio attacks a small or medium figure that is not a destructible object with this special attack, roll 1 additional attack die. Yukio may attack up to 3 times with Flying Blades Special Attack.

ACROBATIC MANEUVER
When Yukio rolls defense dice against an opponent's attack, one shield will block all damage. For each shield rolled, you may immediately move Yukio one space up to 6 levels up or down. When Yukio moves using Acrobatic Maneuver, she will not take leaving engagement attacks.
She can team up with a mutant and then throw blades at whoever is adjacent to that mutant or use her katana and get an extra attack die. She can then jump around with her acrobatics when attacked.

Quote:
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:54 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Cool. Looks good. 4 Life and Acrobatic Maneuver will give her a ton of staying power, though.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 24th, 2014, 09:40 AM

I'm thinking Rebel for the class. Sidekick doesn't really fit.

Quote:
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:01 AM
Who ISN'T One of My Brothers??

TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun TrollBrute is a penguin with a machine gun

I can get behind that write-up. Should we add "with her normal attack" to Mutant Team-Up? I know that Nite-Owl doesn't have it and the rule is that SAs cannot be modified by other powers, but it would make things much clearer.

Also, would 3 Life fit here? I don't know the character, but ninja-types tend to be great at avoiding damage, but easier to take down when they get hit. It would help make Acrobatic Maneuver less annoying.

".... the Cambridge ladies do not care, above
Cambridge if sometimes in its box of
sky lavender and cornerless, the
moon rattles like a fragment of angry candy"
Old May 24th, 2014, 10:19 AM

I don't think a change to Team-Up is needed, maybe just an FAQ.

I'm not opposed to 3 Life. Yeah, let's start there and see where her points come in at.

Quote:
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:23 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

With 3 Life she looks pretty awesome to me.
Old May 24th, 2014, 12:48 PM

Agreed. And Rebel sounds good.

Old May 24th, 2014, 01:33 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm still not buying Acrobatic Agility. Just flipped through the Claremont/Miller storyline again... here's the evidence against (and to be fair, for):

AGAINST:

In literally her first fight scene, she goes up against 3 hand ninja and gets cut. In fact, Wolverine admires her ability to TAKE a hit rather than evade it.

Wolverine chases her and hits her in the shoulder with one of her own shurikens from range.

Wolverine and Yukio are invading a castle. Yukio hangs on Wolverine's back as he scales the wall, since apparently she doesn't have the skill to do so.

Yukio and Wolverine are making out on a train track. Wolvie realizes a train is coming, jumps out of the way, and has to pull Yukio with him to avoid getting smashed (to be fair, Yukio launches into a monologue about wanting to better appreciate life by facing danger, so maybe it was a test).

Yukio faces down 5 hand ninjas. She kills them quickly with her shurikens rather than have to defend. (Not necessarily a case against an Acrobatic power, just showing she's generally more lethal than defensive).

Yukio faces Shingen (or whatever the old man villain's name is). Shingen says Yukio is very capable, but every frame of their fight is him landing a blow on her with her unable to counter.

Yukio faces Silver Samurai, and while she DOES dodge most of his attacks, it is stated that she is not much faster or more maneuverable than he.

FOR:

Yukio does dodge several attacks from Silver Samurai... but to be fair so does everyone in the comic...

Yukio does have a rooftop chase late in the comic where she looks pretty agile, leaping from rooftop to rooftop (although comics characters often do).

Probably the best defense of acrobatic power, she leaps from a rooftop and springboards off a flagpole in one scene. But it's not a battle scene and she never ascends with the power.

I guess it wouldn't be a total theme break, but I'm not super convinced she's anywhere on par with a truly acrobatic character like Dick Grayson.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!

Last edited by Margloth; May 24th, 2014 at 01:41 PM.
Old May 24th, 2014, 02:32 PM

Pretty compelling evidence there. Let's drop Acrobatic Maneuver then and change the Life to 4 and Defense to 6.

Quote:

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library