Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 22nd, 2021, 08:22 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Public Design Workshop

Quote:

NAME = CLUEMASTER
SECRET IDENTITY = ARTHUR BROWN

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = BRILLIANT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 3
DEFENSE = 3

POINTS = 70?

FOLLOW THE CLUES
Anytime an Order Marker is revealed on this card, each opponent may move a Unique Hero they control up to 3 spaces towards Cluemaster as long as that Hero does not end that movement engaged.

THE SUPERIOR INTELLECT
Once per round, before an opponent reveals an Order Marker, you may guess which Army Card it will be revealed on. If you guess correctly, Cluemaster cannot be targeted by that opponent’s normal attacks for that turn. If you guess wrong and an Order Marker is revealed on the card of an Investigator or Mastermind, that player may remove an Order Marker from this card or take an additional turn.

PLASTI-GLASS PELLET EXPLOSIVES
When Cluemaster attacks with a normal attack, you may change the Range number on this Army Card to 5 and the Attack number on this Army Card to 2. If at anytime an opponent rolls all skulls against Cluemaster, he is destroyed. When Cluemaster is destroyed in this way or any way other than a normal attack, you must roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to or engaged with Cluemaster.
Definitely one I'm excited to see! Some notes:

1. I dig the theme of the first power. I'd drop the "as long as that Hero does not end that movement engaged" clause, though, as it counters the main thing Spoiler wants to do, and if Spoiler can't spoil Cluemaster, we're doing something wrong.

2. My other concern for Follow the Clues is you'll just never want to reveal an Order Marker on Cluemaster, which seems pretty possible with the Criminal faction. So I think you need to balance it with more of a bonus for revealing an Order Marker on his card.

3. Maybe Superior Intellect could let you make Order Marker guesses on Cluemaster's OM reveal instead? That could work well with balancing the first power. I would avoid the "one additional turn" stuff with Superior Intellect just because it could potentially stack in wonky or unexpected ways.

4. I'm not digging the last power. It seems like a special attack that's avoiding being a special attack mixed with a complete separate other power.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 22nd, 2021, 01:26 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Also I just found out there is no figure after having just assumed there would be one, what!
Considering these changes
Quote:
RANGE = 5

FOLLOW THE CLUES
Anytime an Order Marker is revealed on this card, each opponent may move a Unique Hero they control up to 3 spaces towards Cluemaster.

THE SUPERIOR INTELLECT
Once per round, before revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may guess which Army Card your opponent will next reveal an Order Marker on. If you guess correctly, Cluemaster cannot be targeted by that opponent’s normal attacks on that next turn. If you guess wrong and an Order Marker is revealed on the card of an Investigator or Mastermind, that player may remove an Order Marker from this card and receives an automatic skull when rolling for normal attacks against Cluemaster on that next turn..

PLASTI-GLASS PELLET EXPLOSIVE VEST
If at anytime an opponent rolls all skulls against Cluemaster, he is destroyed. When Cluemaster is destroyed in this way or any way other than a normal attack, you must roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to or engaged with Cluemaster.
Yeah, definitely the design should be worked with Spoiler, I just didn't want opponents using Cluemaster to engage with other figures. Maybe adding an "unless they are engaged with Cluemaster" idk?

I gave the counter on Superior Intellect an auto skull, cause I still doubt an army would have more than one OM on him a majority of the time.

I removed the special attack weirdness and just bumped up the range, I just feel like this would be a fun power for someone as low grade as Cluemaster and for the Suicide Squad, but I haven't read any comics with him yet, so if it's too unthematic I could see the whole thing dropped. Also I just think it would be something that would affect someone who just wears a bunch of bombs and stuff around, but other characters may do that as well, so that might be like a moot point.
Old April 22nd, 2021, 01:29 PM

Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness Splash wears ripped pants of awesomeness

"as long as that Hero ends that movement unengaged or engaged with Cluemaster"
This might do that bit, but if it's too wordy it could be left off.
Old April 22nd, 2021, 01:35 PM

Actually, since it's now before the OM is revealed, can the OM on the card be the on removed by the Mastermind/Investigator? I suppose the opponent OM would have to be revealed before they normally would for that to happen though. It should probably be worded so it is more clear when they do that.
Old April 23rd, 2021, 09:39 AM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I like that version of Follow the Clues.

I think Superior Intellect needs a higher ceiling/more pay off, otherwise I can't see putting Order Markers on this guy at all. The first power is already a downside and the downside of guessing wrong is bigger than the upside of guessing right. I'd also cut the Mastermind/Investigator bit and just let him battle wits with anyone. It's way too niche otherwise, IMO.

I'd be tempted to just let the vest go anytime he's destroyed. You can already avoid the effects just by hitting him from range, and he's likely going to be pretty weak to normal attacks.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 24th, 2021, 05:39 PM

FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby! FreshFoods rolls all skulls baby!

The Thing as a Wrestler! UCWF is a fun concept in Marvel and pulling the Wrestlers we do have into a mini-faction would be fun. I just want The Thing and Zangief to run around body slamming people. Fairly simple powers, Unlimited Class Slam is supposed to be his finisher, which is why he needs some wounds to use it.
Quote:

NAME = THE THING (UCWF)
SECRET IDENTITY = BEN GRIMM

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WRESTLER
PERSONALITY = GRUFF

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 6

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 6
DEFENSE = 8

POINTS = ???

HOT TAG
If a Wrestler you control with at least one wound marker ends its turn adjacent to The Thing, you may take an immediate turn with The Thing, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control.

SUPER GRAPPLING
After moving and before attacking, you may switch The Thing and any small, medium, or large figure he is engaged with. Switched figures never take leaving engagement attacks.

UNLIMITED CLASS SLAM
The Thing must have at least two wound markers on his card to use this special power. Instead of moving normally, choose a clear space within 5 clear sight spaces of The Thing. Place The Thing on the chosen space, roll 2 unblockable attack die against each figure within one space of the chosen tile. The Thing may only use this special power once per game.
Old April 24th, 2021, 06:14 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

I dig it.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old April 24th, 2021, 07:00 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Nice! Too bad there's no Sunday Punch, though.

Old April 24th, 2021, 07:04 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

A friend for The Nail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Off the top rope with The Nail.

NAME = THE NAIL
SECRET IDENTITY = REX HAUSER

SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = WRESTLER
PERSONALITY = VENGEFUL

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 4

MOVE = 5
RANGE = 4
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4

POINTS = ???

DEMON SLAYER
The Nail adds one automatic skull when attacking normally a Demon figure. The Nail adds one automatic shield when defending against a Demon figure. If The Nail destroys a Demon figure, you may take one additional turn with The Nail.

TOP ROPE SPECIAL ATTACK
Range: Special Damage: Special
Choose a figure within two clear sight spaces of The Nail whose base is at least 3 levels lower than the Nail's. Roll one attack die for each level higher The Nail's base is above the chosen figure's, up to a maximum of 7 dice. The Nail is also affected by this special attack and rolls one additional defense die for each skull rolled. If the chosen figure is destroyed, replace it with The Nail, if it is not destroyed, place The Nail on an empty space adjacent to the chosen figure, if possible.

Hunted in one of the most desolate regions of America, preyed upon by an evil that does not sleep, Rex Hauser is The Nail-and it's time he took a stand. A semi-pro wrestler, Hauser has been touring the country performing at small-time arenas until the fateful night he and his family run afoul of a bloodthirsty gang of Satanic bikers stalking the North Dakota Badlands. Now he's a lone man fighting for the survival of his loved ones in a no-holds-barred standoff against the forces of Hell itself!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old April 25th, 2021, 12:03 AM

Updated Cluemaster powers

Quote:
FOLLOW THE CLUES
Anytime an Order Marker is revealed on this card, each opponent may move a Unique Hero they control up to 3 spaces towards Cluemaster as long as that Hero ends that movement either unengaged or engaged with Cluemaster.

THE SUPERIOR INTELLECT
Once per round, before revealing an Order Marker on this card, you may guess which Army Card your opponent will next reveal an Order Marker on. If you guess correctly, Cluemaster cannot be targeted by that opponent’s normal attacks and figures on that army card roll one less defense die until the end of the round. If you guess wrong, that player may remove an Order Marker from this card and receives an automatic skull when rolling for normal attacks against Cluemaster until the end of the round.

PLASTI-GLASS PELLET EXPLOSIVES
If at anytime an opponent rolls all skulls against Cluemaster, he is destroyed. When Cluemaster is destroyed, you must roll an unblockable attack die against each figure adjacent to or engaged with Cluemaster.
Old April 25th, 2021, 08:54 AM

I dig that tweak on Follow the Clues. Definitely helps sell the theme. You either go searching or you find him, rather than you get to tactically move to defeat his army.

With Superior Intellect being once per round, I'd just cut the Order Marker removal penalty for a bad guess. As is, it just means that outside of end game you'd never put a second Order Marker on him. You'd give him OM1, try a guess to get the defensive negation, and go from there with the rest of your army. So seems like an easy cut for simplicity.

For the explosive power, a figure can't be engaged with Cluemaster without being adjacent to him, so might as well just cut the "or engaged with" language. Dig it otherwise.

Old April 25th, 2021, 10:22 AM

Sweet, I'll update the original!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy