Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old February 22nd, 2015, 05:27 AM
Never Forgets

laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby! laughing matter rolls all skulls baby!
Re: Public Design Post

[quote=Ronin;2004400]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
Quote:
Love those lawyers Ronin!
I was working on a Illyria design awhile back. Blue Meanie rules.
Illyria's great! She's one of those characters I've tinkered with from time to time, but I've never been able to pin down a design I really like.
I feel like the biggest problem with doing Illyria is that there's two or three different versions you could do, and it could be tempting to try and do an all encompassing Illyria which would be really hard.

OG Illyria - an Event Hero with the full time space manipulation abilities as she first appeared. This Illyria would probably have Ruler as her class, with something like Arrogant for her personality.

Close Combat Illyria - Illyria with most of her powers drained who acts as the ultimate fighter who's indestructible, unstoppable, and angry as hell. This would be the Illyria pictured in the panel above. This Illyria would probably have Fighter or Brawler as her class, with Angry or Unstable as her personality.

Compassionate Illyria - Illyria after she gets back her power and gains humanity and emotions like a real person. An Illyria with full blue hair, Time warping abilities, and maybe some type of protective ability. This Illyria would probably have Protector or something as her class, with something like Compassionate or something as her personality.

life's short, why not make an impact on the world? make some peoples lives better, have a few good laughs, and then when it's all over go out with BANG!
Old February 22nd, 2015, 10:49 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Those are my thoughts, pretty much exactly.
I would be most interested in creating a version when she was 'leaking power'.
Of course this is a severely narrow version and one I believe only appeared on TV and not in the comics which may not be accepted.
I would probably go with Combat version. Does she consider Spike a 'pet' while in Combat mode?
What would her species be?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 22nd, 2015, 10:51 AM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post

NAME = NOVA
SECRET IDENTY = SAM ALEXANDER
SPECIES = HUMAN
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIME FIGHTER
PERSONALITY = BRASH

LIFE = 4
MOVE = 6
RANGE = 5
ATTACK = 4
DEFENSE = 4
POINTS = 150-170

Reckless Action 16
Whenever you reveal a numbered Order Marker on any other Army Card you control, before using any other special powers, you must immediately roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 16 or higher, you must take an immediate turn with Nova, and you may not take any additional turns with other figures you control. When using Reckless Action 16, add 1 die to Nova's normal attack and subtract 1 die from his defense until the start of your next turn.

CRASH COLLISION 14
After moving at least 3 spaces with his Flying special power if Nova is engaged with one or more figures or destructible objects he may choose Crash Collision 14. If he chooses to Crash Collision 14, Nova must immediately roll the 20-sided die once for each figure or destructible object he engaged. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure or destructible object receives one wound. If Nova moved using his Sonic Flying special power, add 3 to the roll and all adjacent figures and destructible objects receive one additional wound.

SONIC FLYING
When using the Flying special power, Nova may add 3 to his Move number. If he does, he cannot attack this turn.

FLYING
SUPER STRENGTH - Maybe????
Is Crash Collision supposed to work outside of his turn? I believe it does as currently worded. Might make him a pretty good option with Manhunter, since he can just move back and forth to the same space he started in. I believe he can also add the Sonic Flying bonus too. Even though he can't move more than the static 4 spaces, there's nothing stopping him from adding to his move number anyway.
I never took that into account. Do you think this would make him overpowered at all or since some think he is lower than I thought and this would get him to the 150-170 ish cost?

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 11:02 AM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I doubt it. With the MM strategy, Nova will have 3 Defense all the time after the first CC14(which may be difficult to keep track of without a marker). 4 Life and 3 Defense and a need to be in the thick of things will spell an early death.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old February 22nd, 2015, 02:24 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by japes View Post
I never took that into account. Do you think this would make him overpowered at all or since some think he is lower than I thought and this would get him to the 150-170 ish cost?
I doubt it would be overpowered, he is still stuck with Reckless Action which is pretty much pure negative, especially in the MM army. Still, giving MM what is basically 'roll a 11 or higher a few times, give 1 or more people 2 wounds' is pretty good.

If it does prove too powerful, an easy tweak (that still leaves the MM synergy) would be to change the 'move 3 spaces' bit to 'ends his move on a space at least 3 spaces away from his starting position'. That makes it so he can't just do it to the same guy every turn with MM. Feels more thematic anyway, he has to actually build up momentum, instead of just hopping back and forth. Finding a way to limit the Sonic Flying bonus to only normal movement or something could also tone him down if needed.

The power needs some re-wording anyway, you can't engage destructible objects as far as I know. The bit about the Sonic Flying bonus needs to be clearer too, right now it sounds like it gives everyone adjacent to him a wound regardless of if he rolled an 11 or higher for that figure (or if he even rolled against them at all).

Quote:
I doubt it. With the MM strategy, Nova will have 3 Defense all the time after the first CC14(which may be difficult to keep track of without a marker). 4 Life and 3 Defense and a need to be in the thick of things will spell an early death.
Err... why would he have 3 defense? I don't see anything about defense subtraction in CC14.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:09 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soundwarp SG-1 View Post
If it does prove too powerful, an easy tweak (that still leaves the MM synergy) would be to change the 'move 3 spaces' bit to 'ends his move on a space at least 3 spaces away from his starting position'. That makes it so he can't just do it to the same guy every turn with MM. Feels more thematic anyway, he has to actually build up momentum, instead of just hopping back and forth. Finding a way to limit the Sonic Flying bonus to only normal movement or something could also tone him down if needed.

The power needs some re-wording anyway, you can't engage destructible objects as far as I know. The bit about the Sonic Flying bonus needs to be clearer too, right now it sounds like it gives everyone adjacent to him a wound regardless of if he rolled an 11 or higher for that figure (or if he even rolled against them at all).
Good information in here and the bold part above was my actual intent so I will reword this a bit.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:13 PM
A Man of Taste

CRASH COLLISION 14
If Nova ends his move on a space at least 3 spaces away from his starting position after using his Flying special power, he may choose Crash Collision 14. If he chooses to Crash Collision 14, Nova must immediately roll the 20-sided die once for each figure or destructible object he is adjacent to. If you roll 14 or higher, that figure or destructible object receives one wound. If Nova moved using his Sonic Flying special power, add 3 to the roll and all adjacent figures and destructible objects receive one additional wound.

Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:16 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

That version effects friendly figures, where the first one couldn't, not sure if you want it to work that way.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old February 22nd, 2015, 04:28 PM
A Man of Taste

I'm fine with it hitting friendlies as well as it seems more thematic...he can't control who gets hurt when he crashes into something.

Old February 24th, 2015, 01:25 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by laughing matter View Post
I feel like the biggest problem with doing Illyria is that there's two or three different versions you could do, and it could be tempting to try and do an all encompassing Illyria which would be really hard.

OG Illyria - an Event Hero with the full time space manipulation abilities as she first appeared. This Illyria would probably have Ruler as her class, with something like Arrogant for her personality.

Close Combat Illyria - Illyria with most of her powers drained who acts as the ultimate fighter who's indestructible, unstoppable, and angry as hell. This would be the Illyria pictured in the panel above. This Illyria would probably have Fighter or Brawler as her class, with Angry or Unstable as her personality.

Compassionate Illyria - Illyria after she gets back her power and gains humanity and emotions like a real person. An Illyria with full blue hair, Time warping abilities, and maybe some type of protective ability. This Illyria would probably have Protector or something as her class, with something like Compassionate or something as her personality.
Yeah, the fluctuating powers are really what make it tricky. I think the best way to go might be shooting for the full power level and trying to find a Class/Personality that worked well for either the pre- or post-reform era Illyria. Using 'Old One' as a Class might work (and then something like Arrogant or Proud for her Personality).

Quote:
Those are my thoughts, pretty much exactly.
I would be most interested in creating a version when she was 'leaking power'.
Of course this is a severely narrow version and one I believe only appeared on TV and not in the comics which may not be accepted.
I would probably go with Combat version. Does she consider Spike a 'pet' while in Combat mode?
What would her species be?
Agreed; the unstable-power version was the first one I tried to take down, but the TV-only/narrow time period seemed kinda sketchy. I think Demon would work best for the Species (IIRC, Fred's body is mostly hollowed out/not really there anymore, so she shouldn't really count as Human).
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:45 PM

bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker bsbush7690 knows what's in an order marker

I have been reading DC The New 52 and with the new addition of the Crime Syndicate to Trinity War heroclix I wanted to take a shot at some possible designs. These are very new somewhat rough first drafts of the ones I've done so far, so let me know what you think and we can make some changes as needed.

Owlman
Spoiler Alert!

Superwoman
Spoiler Alert!

Ultraman
Spoiler Alert!

Grid
Spoiler Alert!
Old February 25th, 2015, 01:54 PM

I am not sure if the Heroes would allow another figure with Imposing Presence.

Is Lasso of Submission a new power? That reads OP.

- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy