Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games
Contests and Forum Games Create, Participate, or Vote in a contest or Forum game here

Old July 10th, 2009, 03:38 PM

FOOTBALLDUDE88 is surprisingly tart
Re: Unofficial "Not an Exclusive" figure contest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkmage7a View Post
I like it but I think it borders on having a bit too much stuff for such a low cost unit. Any ideas?

He seems a like he has a few to many specials for 35 points. I mean I picture a 35 point figure having 1 maybe 2 specails and slightly better attack but hey it's your figure so have fun with it.

VOTE FEN HYDRA IN
UBR 2011!! ALL HAIL
FEN HYDRA,
IMMORTAL FEN
HYDRA
Old July 10th, 2009, 06:56 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I thought he had a too much going on. That's why he didn't have climb either. I dropped 2 abilities and changed the life and defense. Is this appropriate for the point cost?

I guess this guy is going on the back burner for now. I think I'll stick with my trustee Ny-Gi-Ra for this contest.

Last edited by Darkmage7a; July 10th, 2009 at 10:13 PM.
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

Several requests keep coming in to allow Rise of the Valkyie master set heroes for repaints for the contest. In order to do so, it would have to not anger the people who have been following the rules as written so far, and in fairness, it would extend the deadline a week to give people time to rethink their entries.

So what does everyone think? Some very respectable members have made the request (one or two of which I might have to face in a tourney tomorrow ). If anyone has a real objection, I'll keep things as they are. Cast you vote here (no poll; just post). I'll see what people think by the end of tomorrow. In any case, consider the deadline extended until 11:59PM Sunday night (if I didn't already extend it till then - RL has been super busy and I am juggling a kid, a nephew, a fiance, this contest, a FASERIP PBEM game I'm running, my parents' visit, and my various psychoses).

Old July 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

I'd like the rules to stay as is... been waiting a while for the deadline to come so the judging can begin. Extending another week would be a bit frustrating... in my case anyway.

-insert signature here-
Old July 10th, 2009, 07:50 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Well, it would have made choosing what to make my figure of a bit easier, but it won't affect me since mine is already done.

But an extended deadline means I *might* be able to actually finish my card.
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:10 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Keep the rules as is. So what if they get angry? They need to follow the rules.

MegaSilver
Old July 10th, 2009, 08:19 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would rather keep the rules as is. Changing the rules right at the end of a contest seems rather weird to me.

Also, I really do not see what RotV heroes add to the contest. Off the top of my head they are:
Finn- Easily use a Tarn Viking for same theme.
Thorgrim- Ditto
Syvarris- Aubriens, Tagawa, Romans, plenty of squad archers.
Realin-No female squad kyrie, but there are plenty of Kyrie squads.
Grimnak- A large figure goes against the spirit of a GenCon exclusive.
Mimring- Ditto

Sgt. Drake- These two are the only ones I see having something squad
Agent Carr- figures don't, namely sword and gun combo.
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:36 PM
Is The Skullmaster

Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness Darkmage7a wears ripped pants of awesomeness

More than ample time has been given for the contest. Such considerations should have been requested before or shortly after the initial announcements. I too would find it rather frustrating to delay the contest further. It would have been nice to use the RotV set but it really doesn't offer too much. There are already a large volume of entries to the point where it will likely make the voting process difficult.

I'm not sure if everyone knows but another custom figure contest has already begun. My understanding is that the rules for that contest is not very restrictive. They can check it out here.

Good luck to everyone.
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:42 PM
Will Ultimately Face the Evil Black Dragon

Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth Taeblewalker is a man of the cloth

I thought everyone would feel that way. I just wanted to put it out there.

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:54 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyys View Post
I'd like the rules to stay as is... been waiting a while for the deadline to come so the judging can begin. Extending another week would be a bit frustrating... in my case anyway.

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby! Firemaster rolls all skulls baby!

It looks like my voice is not necessary here, but I will add it to the nays. If it was the beginning of the contest it would be one thing, but changing the rules one day before the end of the contest is not right in my mind.
Old July 10th, 2009, 10:18 PM

panheadman1995 is surprisingly tart

I think we should keep the rules as is because it would mess things up if we changed them now.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Contests and Forum Games