Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion
Competitive Armies Discussion Discuss, critique, and build ideas for tournament-caliber armies.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 9th, 2022, 08:42 PM
Cooking Rice is Hard

OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun OEAO is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: OEAO's Power Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jexik View Post
Outside of Cleanup for Valiant Mass, I don't think he has many uses, but that's a pretty good use. You guys already brought up the relevant times that high hexes and point totals were a thing. At 520, 5x Mass and SotM drake is good. If we want to get blasphemous, Captain America adds way more for a little bit more points. 4x Mass and Cap at 500 even almost fits in 16 hexes.

When it comes to something like General Wars, I'm not even convinced that Mass and SotM Drake is the best Jandar build anymore, especially with the maps that have been used the last 5 years or so. I'd say that X Knights of Weston + Gilbert and Eldgrim is better, depending on hex limits and point totals.

I'm still thinking a qualified A-, if 4th are still A's. Which basically means, get more Mass when possible.

Cap is so good he makes an argument for himself and the Mass to go back to A+. In some weird world where we play cheese and use Marvel.

Charos is kind of hovering in that B+/A- range, in part because he's decent with Greenscales too. I'd say Alastair is a B+, and little drake is too.
Thanks for chiming in; I always appreciate your insight!

Yes, Cap is pretty busted. I think the power rankings look quite a bit different in a Marvel-legal world, which is why I didn't include the Marvel units in my rankings.

It's hard to say between Knights and 4th. They're both really strong, but Knights probably do have the edge overall (although I'd definitely rather have 4th into the 10th/Zelrig build that used to float around).

Alastair at B+ is interesting. I don't think I agree; Overextend is really good. However, he isn't really the best option for any build, which definitely is an argument for him to be B+.

I think Drake RotV probably deserves a B+; B is likely too low. I'll most likely bump him up.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Competitive Armies Discussion