Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion

Old October 3rd, 2022, 12:45 AM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!
Re: The minis will not be a sea of unpainted gray

I think it would be a cool idea to paint the base rims in a color similar to the plastic used for that figure. That way if someone you're playing against isn't used to your paint scheme you still have some amount of the color-coding that they're used to. I would still probably tone the brighter colors down some.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 12:54 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

If using that system, why not just leave the bases or base rims unpainted? Assuming the original mold colors have already been toned down in the factory.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 01:26 AM

blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby! blast_shark rolls all skulls baby!

Because I'd rather have the extra step of a painting a solid color instead of fiddling with masking tape on such a narrow surface.
Old October 3rd, 2022, 01:50 AM

chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth chas is a man of the cloth

Gotcha. Being a lazy minimalist, I've just never seen the point of painting over a surface with the same color. But to each their own.
Old October 4th, 2022, 06:55 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

So the "$400 for painted minis" statement can be re-evaluated now that we have a price for unpainted minis.

The difference would have been $150, divided among 71 figures, works out to around $2.00 per figure to have paint added.
Old October 4th, 2022, 07:59 PM

DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker DBZMagus knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
So the "$400 for painted minis" statement can be re-evaluated now that we have a price for unpainted minis.

The difference would have been $150, divided among 71 figures, works out to around $2.00 per figure to have paint added.
Man, $2 a figure is a bargain! I would have gladly paid that.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:05 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

I think the paint job on the minis shown at Gencon looked pretty incredible. I was hoping when they did the unit card reveal we'd see photographs of the minis with professional paint jobs like that.

Heck, maybe there'd even be a revenue opportunity if Heroscape was to suggest using these specific colors of paint from this brand to achieve the official look. I've never purchased unpainted miniatures before some I'm not sure if this is a new idea or normal business practice.

Heroscape could create a business relationship with GW, Vallejo, Army Painter, or any other miniatures paint company and perhaps get some co-op funds.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:09 PM

Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth Hogg is a man of the cloth

Showing painted minis at Gencon was still one of the stupidest things they've done with the relaunch.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:11 PM

Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun Good Pig is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Showing painted minis at Gencon was still one of the stupidest things they've done with the relaunch.
I get that it probably raised people's expectations. For me I just saw the potential of what it could be. I don't know how to paint very well now, but it's something I've wanted to learn anyhow.
Old October 4th, 2022, 08:19 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Quote:
They said at the time that the minis would not be prepainted. It was known *immediately.*

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:10 PM

Most board game minis come unpainted these days. All of my large crowdfunders have them. I'd never be able to catch up now. One of my jokes with a pal who promised to paint one easy game's minis for me (they are all the same), but who has many of his own to paint, is "When are you going to do mine?" No chance that will every happen.

I'll admit that these have now sprung to the beginning of the line, if I was to paint; but I rarely do game figures.
Old October 4th, 2022, 09:38 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

I think this quote was misunderstood. I believe it was probably meant in the context of a "master set" and they also said something about it being 12x the price. I suspect that when that statement was made they didn't even know how many minis would be in the Kickstarter yet. Further, I suspect that it was in regards to the cost of a 2004-2010 era master set sized offering, not this monster offering we are getting

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV

Last edited by caps; October 4th, 2022 at 10:09 PM. Reason: garbled the first sentence

Go Back   Heroscapers > Age of Annihilation > News & Discussion