Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

View Poll Results: Would you like to have custom cards for your extra Unique figures?
Yes 14 66.67%
No 0 0%
If you make them for me! 4 19.05%
I only have one MS 3 14.29%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old January 9th, 2007, 11:50 AM

Quicksilver62160 has disabled reputation
The Custom Master Set

I'm not sure if anyone has ever discussed this before. Took a quick spin through the first five pages and didn't see anything about the topic. I was wondering though, considering how everyone here has to have at least two or more Master Sets, has anyone ever tried to come up with a unified set of new army cards?

What if there was a unified set of custom cards for all the figures in the MS, that way people who have more then one can use the unique figures more then once instead of wasting shelf space. Naturally they wouldn't be anywhere near as good as their counterparts, but I think it would be nice to have say, Mimring and Farbring (just a name, I don't really care). Just Farbring wouldn't have the same special, maybe a little less life, more defense, etc. Instead of the fire line maybe the fire wall where it would effect four figures directly in front of Farbring:

U5
U1 U2 U3 U4
FB

So Farbring would be able to hit Units 1-4 but Unit 5 would be safe.

Just throwing it out there.

Edit: If anyone is interested in collaberating on making some custom cards for unique players let me know. I wouldn't mind being able to use my MS pieces a few extra times.

Edit #2: Okay, I've finished making custom setups for all the units in the MS. Give opinions, ideas you'd like to change, names if you'd like etc. I want to get the ball rolling on this and I'd like to thank everyone for putting in their opinion so far. I haven't actually editted based upon them yet, but I plan on doing so once I get a couple responses and some coffee.

Here they are! The new MS GANG!

Agent Carr 

Life: 4
Move: 4
Range: 8
Attack: 0
Defense: 2

Ghost Walk
Ghost Stealth: If ? is attacked with a normal attack and at least 1 skull is rolled, roll the 20-sided die to initiate ghost stealth. If you roll 1-11, roll defense dice normally. If you roll 12 or higher, ? takes no damage and instead enters into a ghostly state for the rest of your opponents round.
Lightning Sword: If ? is attacking a non-adjacent figure, add 4 dice to ?’s attack. Then roll one more die undefendable for lightning damage.

Airborne Elite  Fighting 69th

Life: 1
Move: 5
Range: 6
Attack: 4

Stealth Unit Special Attack: Range 5. Attack 3. If a Fighting 69th is unengaged at the start of the round, he may use his stealth abilities to move and attack a unit. Roll the 20-sided die to decide the effectiveness of his stealth. If you roll a 1-11, the stealth fails and the targeted unit rolls one die retaliation undefendable before your attack. If you roll a 12 or higher, the stealth works and the unit rolls no defense. This attack may be used for each Fighting 69th.

Deathwalker 9000  Deathwalker 9000 V-2.0

Life: 7
Move: 6
Range: 8
Attack: 5

Upgraded Defense: Deathwalker 9000 V-2.0’s upgrade allows him to automatically add one shield to his roll.
Upgrade Aura: Any Soulborg within 2 clear sight spaces of Deathwalker V-2.0 add 2 spaces to their range, 2 to their attack die, and -2 to their defense.

Finn  Rune the Viking Slayer

Life: 3
Range: 1
Defense: 5

Attack Aura: All unfriendly figures adjacent to Rune add -1 die to their normal attack.
Haunting Spirit: When Rune is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card on your opponents team. Rune’s Spirit adds -1 to the normal attack number on that card.

Grimnak  Tyrak

Attack: 2

Vicious Attack: When Tyrak attacks, the attack is so vicious for every wound he inflicts another wound is caused.
Tremor: Tyrak’s size allows him to create tremors which affect small, medium, and large figures. Before attacking target a unit and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 1-7 the tremor is to weak to be effective. If you roll a 8-15 the unit is taken off guard and rolls -2 die. If you roll 16-19 the unit is knocked over and rolls no defense for your attack. If you roll a 20 the ground swallows and destroys the unit.

Izumi Samurai  Shimaru Samurai

Attack: 3
Defense: 3

Throwing Star Special Attack: Range 4. Attack 3. Instead of moving, the Shimaru Samurai may use their Throwing stars to attack a unit before their normal attack. Once thrown, the Shimaru Samurai may move adjacent to the opponent ignoring terrain conditions and attack again.

Krav Maga Agents  Galactic Enforcers

Range: 9
Attack: 1

Teleportation: Instead of moving, a Galactic Enforcer may instead teleport to any hex within 5 clear sight spaces ignoring terrain conditions. No attacks for breaking engagement..
Blast Efficiency: The closer a Galactic Enforcer is the more powerful their blast. For every two spaces closer they get to their target then their range a Galactic Enforcer gains 1 attack die.

Marro Warriors  Ra-Shin-Ki

Life: 2
Range: 4
Defense: 4
Unique Hero Squad

Hive Supremacy: Anytime you roll the 20-sided die for a Marro or Wulsinu Army Card, you may add 1 to your die roll.

Mimring  Farbring

Fire Wall Special Attack: Range Special. Attack 4. Choose four spaces directly in front of Farbring horizontally to his base. All figures on those spaces who are in line of sight are affected by Farbring’s Fire Wall Special Attack. Roll 4 attack dice once for all affected figures. Affected figures roll defense dice separately.
Flying

Ne-Gok-Sa  Si-Rok-Tu

Life: 3
Range: 5
Defense: 6

Body Swap: After moving and before attacking, you may choose any unique figure within 3 clear sight spaces of Si-Rok-Tu. Roll the 20-sided die. If you roll a 16 or higher Si-Rok-Tu switches bodies with the choosen figure. For the rest of the turn Si-Rok-Tu’s body will automatically attack the choosen target but Si-Rok-Tu will control all aspects of his opponents body for the rest of the turn. If Si-Rok-Tu’s opponent is destroyed before the turn ends he will be in a coma for the following round. Add one attack to this card for every successful kill using Body Swap.

Raelin  Shura the Kyrie Warrior

Life: 6
Attack: 2

Attack Aura: All figures you control within 4 clear sight spaces of Shura add 2 to their attack dice. Shura’s Attack Aura does not affect Shura.
Flying

Sgt. Drake  Gunnery Sgt. Max Jones

Camouflage: Marines are experts in camouflage so whenever Gunnery Sgt. Max Jones is on water, ice, or snow he can not be targeted with a normal attack.
Solider Leadership: All friendly Human Soldiers and Agents within 3 clear sight spaces of Gunnery Sgt. Max Jones add one to their range and roll an additional attack die.

Syvarris  Quolnos

Move: 3
Range: 9
Defense: 1

Elven Swiftness: Quolnos’s agility allows him to move twice as many hexes in a single move and also allows him to ignore terrain movement conditions less then 10 tiles.
Strategic Height: Quolnos is a better shot if he has height advantage. For every three tiles above the base tile of his target, Quolnos receives two attack die and two defense die extra up to three times. Quolnos ignores all other position modifiers.

Tarn Viking Warriors  Pireus Viking Slayers

Move: 3

Battle Charge: Instead of moving and before attacking, roll the 20-sided die. If you roll an 11 or higher move up to the difference between your roll and 11. Add 1 attack die to your roll if you become engaged during this move.

Thorgrim  Vlad the Viking Slayer

Defense Aura: All unfriendly figures adjacent to Vlad add -1 die to their defense.
Haunting Spirit: When Vlad is destroyed, place this figure on any unique Army Card on your opponents team. Vlad’s Spirit adds -1 to the normal defense number on that card.

Zettian Guards  Zettian Guards V-2.0

Range: 7
Defense: 6

Zettian Assimilation: Once per round the Zettian Guards may assimilate their armor into their weaponry and take 1 from their defense to add 1 to their attack for the rest of the game.
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:52 AM

toddrew has disabled reputation
I'll do a quick search, but I'm not sure if Reaper et al's Bizarro Heroscape made it over to this site...that was exactly the type of project you are (wisely ) suggesting.

And you can see her
Before it cracks and goes out
She throws rocks at streetlights
Keeps the streetlight changer busy

Floundering Customs Thread
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddrew
I'll do a quick search, but I'm not sure if Reaper et al's Bizarro Heroscape made it over to this site...
Bizarro... Bizarro... Bizarro... I'm helping, I'm helping!
Old January 9th, 2007, 11:56 AM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
yeah do a search for Bizzaro. Reaper and some folks did a the whole (if not close) exact mirror image of the HS master set figs. it was pretty cool.
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
huh, it looks like they are not up in the gallery? Did reaper not post them up? I see the mirror samari, and the evil raelin but that is it.
Old January 9th, 2007, 12:01 PM

Well, my search only uncovered hints that the thread was trying to be restored from HQ. I don't even remember if it was ever "finished" or still a work in progress. "Reflective Monks", the Izumi Samurai entry, is in the Barracks Display Thread, but that's only one...

And you can see her

Old January 9th, 2007, 01:32 PM

Just for fun I was playing around with a few figures from the MS seeing what I would do for a custom unit to use them as. I'll post them for discussion while I work on some more.

EDIT: All customs are in main post.
Old January 9th, 2007, 02:53 PM

Quickly, as I'm getting the kiddies their lunch - I like the special abilities you put on your cards. The text can use some revision, but I think these will work well.

A change that I would like to see for Fabring is that the Fire Wall could be constructed along any chain of four in a row hexes as long as at least one of those hexes is adjacent to (maybe even just next to) Fabring. That would give you more flexibility than Mimring, but not the powerful 8 range, merely, at most, 4.

The other 2 I like as is their intent (as I understand it, anyway ), just need to make the text a little less clumsy, if that's possible - I mean my description of the change to Fabring's SA isn't exactly crystal clear

EDIT: O, for the teleportation, as written there is almost no reason that one would choose their normal movement over the teleport movement. I think the teleport move value should be less than the normal and explicitly not able to be boosted by movement bonuses (which, being a special ability, I think already is the case...)

And you can see her

Old January 9th, 2007, 06:07 PM
Master Custom Creator

justjohn knows what's in an order marker justjohn knows what's in an order marker
I made these a while back:

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ghlight=master

Idea just kind of died. I know it's not exactly what you're looking for, but it's along the same lines.

smallboxgames.com
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:31 PM

How did you get the cards with their pictures already in place? I now that we have the program avaliable but I'm not near my Photoshop PC at the moment. Are those templates avaliable?

I'll try to clean up the text a little bit too, I'm just spewing out what I'm thinking right now.
Old January 9th, 2007, 06:53 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!
Like Justjohn (who had some great ideas!), I posted these custom Master Set cards this past Summersome. It's not exactly along the line of the Bizarro uniques, but it is Master Set figures.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller....php?album=270

Like Justjohn wrote, not a lot of folks keep the ball rolling on Custom Master Set figures, but I like your ideas. Actually, I wish we could get atleast 10 of us to really drive such an effort an refine some solid units. I know Reapersaurus was one of the guys who drove the Bizarro project back on HS.net and HQ, but since then I haven't seen any large movements.

One time Reaper said this custom figure of mine was an inspiration of the Project, but I don't know if it's true--maybe he just wanted me to paint a figure for him
This card includes the Bizarro Project stats.

http://www.heroscapers.com/oldgaller...arriorCard.jpg

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old January 9th, 2007, 08:13 PM

Those are some nice looking customs you got there 1moreheroscaper. I'd def like to get a team together that could push forward customizing the Uniques in the game so we're not punished for having more then a single master set. It's not fair to let #3, #4, etc collect dust while #1 and sometimes #2 get all the action.

BTW, I added all the customs I've been working on the main part of the post so check it out and throw in your two cents.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards