Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old October 13th, 2020, 10:50 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Super Soldier (Breathing)

I would say less game breaking and more of just a hassle to design around.
I would listen to what the people that are intending to run multiple Soldier LDs as this affects their future the most.
But that is just my opinion. Do what you think is best.
Old October 13th, 2020, 11:26 AM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

In story he's definitely a Soldier. I thought Leader would be a good compromise for those who don't like a high powered Soldier.

That said, I still think he should be closer to 300 than 400. He has no feats in his book that warrant a high power level. Also still don't like Heat Vision here since like I said he NEVER uses it in combat.

Otherwise the other two powers are cool. Savior's shield is powerful, and encourages pod play. Definitely would like to see him mixed with a healer like Anti-Venom or Black Tarantula. Maybe Punisher and Star-Lord/other stat boosters also for a nasty pod.
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:17 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

You all know my position. The arguments against leader are falling pretty flat IMO. He's inspiring and charges into battle but doesn't lead? That doesn't make any sense at all.

Then I consider this power to be a leadership power.

MAN OF WAR
If there is a revealed Order Marker on this card:

When Super Soldier attacks, all blanks rolled count as extra skulls;
If a Soldier within 6 clear sight spaces of Super Soldier attacks, you may count one blank rolled as an extra skull.

Revealed OM = He's taken a turn and jumped into action.
Within 6 clear sight spaces = In the middle of the action, not sitting back in the Start Zone cheer leading from behind.
Other Soldiers fighting harder/more effectively = Leading others to excel in combat and do better than they normally would do without him.

So the card itself is acting as a leader for the army you drafted.

Leader is a class we use here in C3G, it's been used 13 other times, it's not going anywhere. IMO this card has more leadership being displayed than Storm's card.

The Leader class is actually a very effective tool at dealing with our stat boosting stacking issue. I used it recently on an On Deck unit to keep a new kind of stat boosting unit from getting out of hand. Out of our top two publicly released stat boosting allies, which this design is going to like and want to play with, I'd rather see him playing with Cap as a super soldier team-up than Star Lord as a member of a Cosmic band of misfits. One team up is a thematic fit and one isn't.
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:23 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

@Dr. Jekyll

Might be a good idea to poll out the class options so we can settle that and move on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Also still don't like Heat Vision here since like I said he NEVER uses it in combat.
That does seem like a concern. Apologies if I've missed it amongst the class fight, Jekyll, but is there a specific reason you like having Heat Vision here?
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:33 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaking View Post
I'd rather see him playing with Cap as a super soldier team-up than Star Lord as a member of a Cosmic band of misfits. One team up is a thematic fit and one isn't.
Not entirely sure how this is an argument against the Soldier class. He'll already be a somewhat poor Star-Lord pick, since he's a Human and will probably want as many Soldiers as possible with him to be effective.

I also think the other major factor that's missing is that all our Leaders have been "team captain" of some major superhero team or organization at some point, while this guy just hasn't. Storm's card may not have much leadership to it, but she's a notable character who has lead the X-Men for some time.

EDIT: Ronin , that may be a smart idea.
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:41 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Yeah, that's a good idea. Let's put it to a vote.

Soldier or Leader?

While we are at it we can vote on Heat Vision as well. The reason I gave him the power is because Superman uses that ability in battle. Super Soldier may have never used it in battle but he also had a very short run. It's an iconic ability that brings the 2 characters together in my opinion.
Old October 13th, 2020, 01:57 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

You know when you add a poll to a thread you can never remove it right?
Old October 13th, 2020, 02:06 PM
Forum Moderator

Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness Dr. Jekyll wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
You know when you add a poll to a thread you can never remove it right?
Oh great... No, I did not know that
Old October 13th, 2020, 02:07 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

To be fair I didn't either.
Old October 13th, 2020, 02:15 PM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth

I like Soldier and I like Heat Vision. That's my vote.

I think the only way to get rid of the poll is to start a new thread with just the OP, and then I can move all the posts from this thread to that one.
Old October 13th, 2020, 02:19 PM
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcglkn View Post
I like Soldier and I like Heat Vision. That's my vote.

I think the only way to get rid of the poll is to start a new thread with just the OP, and then I can move all the posts from this thread to that one.
Oh jeez. I guess when the poll ends tomorrow I'll make a new thread. Sorry about that. You would think it would go away once the poll is over.
Old October 13th, 2020, 02:20 PM
Tickle Pickle

No worries, that's why we run the polls the way we do in the nomination process. Polls are final and not removable. Just let me know when you make the new first post and I'll take care of the rest.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library