Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 28th, 2012, 10:45 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!
Re: Question Dump: Post Your Questions Here.

I built a map completely symetrical, what are the best two glyphs to use on each side? Or is it better to go two random glyphs?
Old September 28th, 2012, 10:53 AM
OHS S40 and VCheese #2 Champion

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
I built a map completely symetrical, what are the best two glyphs to use on each side? Or is it better to go two random glyphs?
I'd go random(Face up or face down, your choice) But drawn from a limited pool. I usually use, Unique attack, Lodin, Move, Wound, etc.. All the less powerful ones.

Tournament Record:128-54 Online record:67-34
Peoria IL Monthly Tournaments

Old September 28th, 2012, 10:56 AM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroscaper2010 View Post
Random gives the map users the liberty to use whatever glyphs they want. Pre-defined glyphs imply that you think a specific glyph is needed for balance purposes.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:52 PM

The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby! The CEE rolls all skulls baby!

If a wolf of badru pounces on Isamu and he vanishes, must the wolf be destroyed?
Old September 28th, 2012, 02:56 PM

boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla boromir96 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CEE View Post
If a wolf of badru pounces on Isamu and he vanishes, must the wolf be destroyed?
Well, lets see. Their card says "If the figure was not destroyed, destroy the attacking wolf." And, since Isamu is obviously not destroyed, then the wolf dies. Although, that's one power where it would make sense thematically for them not to die, but that adds unnecessary complications to a simple game.

Old September 28th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I Need 42 Dumutefs for my Ullar army

samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby! samuelfrost4 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Well, lets see. Their card says "If the figure was not destroyed, destroy the attacking wolf." And, since Isamu is obviously not destroyed, then the wolf dies. Although, that's one power where it would make sense thematically for them not to die, but that adds unnecessary complications to a simple game.
I can see someone making a house rule, where the wolf was not destroyed, but in a tournament, the wolf would die.

Hello. I have updated my signature in an attempt to convey absolutely nothing, and waste your time reading this every time I post. Thank you.
Old September 29th, 2012, 12:20 AM
Quest Quitter

Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death! Agent Minivann is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by boromir96 View Post
Quote:
Come on. Isamu is a freakin' ninja. It makes thematic sense that he vanishes AND kills the poochie.
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:13 AM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

"It's a game, not a simulation."
Repeat...

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 29th, 2012, 08:34 AM

Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness Shedim Kabal wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It's the Bardu code of honor. Failure to pounce brings shame to your family...
Old September 29th, 2012, 10:51 AM
was heroscaper2010. Now Beep, Beep, I'm a Sheep

Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death! Sheep is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
Repeat...
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:34 AM

Luksoropoulos is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

I had a discussion with a friend concerning - I hope the English term is correct - height advantage: Do you get an extra defense die through height advantage also as a target of a special attack? I'd say yes, my friend no. And does that apply for all special attacks? F.e., if an Airbourne fires his grenade at a target on same height, but the figure adjacent to that target is on a higher level, does that higher-levelled figure get an extra height-advantage-defense-dice?
Thx for helping me beforehand.
Old September 29th, 2012, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luksoropoulos View Post
I had a discussion with a friend concerning - I hope the English term is correct - height advantage: Do you get an extra defense die through height advantage also as a target of a special attack? I'd say yes, my friend no. And does that apply for all special attacks? F.e., if an Airbourne fires his grenade at a target on same height, but the figure adjacent to that target is on a higher level, does that higher-levelled figure get an extra height-advantage-defense-dice?
Thx for helping me beforehand.
You always get a height Advantage when defending, whether its A Normal or Special Attack. You only get a Height Advantage when you attack with a normal Attack though. Special Attacks never get extra dice.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's