Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 4th, 2019, 12:33 PM
Now moves with Flying.

Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death! Karat is hot lava death!
Re: The Book of Midnighter (Public Playtesting)

Great tips! Thanks!
Old April 6th, 2019, 08:29 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Here's my tests. One close loss and one solid win, but that win had some major luck on the side of the winners. I'll be interested in seeing at least one more game that tries to jack his stats as much as possible, but I'm not necessarily feeling the need for a bump here. Game 2 very much felt like an anomaly.

C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM
NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Midnighter
Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Midnighter, Puck, Captain America, Professor Zoom vs Mister Fantastic, Thing, Human Torch, Invisible Woman
Unit Summary
Damage: 12 wounds dealt total.
Abilities: Predictive Combat Rolls: 1-5 1, 6+ 2, 16+ 0, 21+ 1
Computed Response Damage: 2
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Conflict Chernobyl
Units: Midnighter, Star-Lord, Captain America, Nightcrawler (Darkholme) vs Joker (I), Black Mask (II), Carnage, Two-Face (II), Sandman (Baker)
Unit Summary
Damage: 12 wounds dealt
Abilities: Predictive Combat Rolls: 1-5 1, 6+ 1, 16+ 0, 21+ 0
Computed Response Damage: 1 (1 excess wound)

Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Midnighter is straight forward. While he’s at a disadvantage against the Insane, game 2 is evidence that if you goose his numbers enough, he can still crack through them. It was interesting to see Game 1 come down to that last special attack. Because Supernova is not targeting, Midnighter didn’t get his blank to shield, which would have saved him. Game 2 was very lucky. Lot of high skull rolls for Team Midnighter and a fair amount of whiffs. Midnighter only got attacked about 3 times the entire game, 2 of which were at range. The mix of Insane in their made him not get to roll too much, but the one he did get was helpful. The Insane very much died too fast, with Midnighter’s team repeatedly getting the kill from a defense whiff before they could do the damage they wanted.
GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I like the direction and am feeling good about him right now. The partnership with Puck is solid, but it can at times be hard to keep Midnighter engaged long enough to really give the movement bonus. Beyond that, it is clear that boosting his stats as much as possible can make him quite the force, but Criminals didn’t have the muscle to break past it once Carnage went down..

Last edited by LordVenoc; April 7th, 2019 at 04:02 PM.
Old April 6th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I know Ronin hasn't done his thing yet, but some of the wording seems off to me here. Seems like the last part of Computed Response is unnecessarily mentioning targeting. Shouldn't it just follow Counter Strike verbiage?
In the first sentence of Computed Response, I think "any" could be "an."
For Brutality Boost, I don't think we've ever used the "named" verbiage. I'm thinking there's probably a more official-sounding way we can word that.
Interesting power set. Seems very specific to the character. I guess Insane people are too unpredictable for him or something?

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 6th, 2019, 08:53 PM
Book Wyrm

LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla LordVenoc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
I know Ronin hasn't done his thing yet, but some of the wording seems off to me here. Seems like the last part of Computed Response is unnecessarily mentioning targeting. Shouldn't it just follow Counter Strike verbiage?
In the first sentence of Computed Response, I think "any" could be "an."
For Brutality Boost, I don't think we've ever used the "named" verbiage. I'm thinking there's probably a more official-sounding way we can word that.
Interesting power set. Seems very specific to the character. I guess Insane people are too unpredictable for him or something?
Yep. The Insanity makes the Combat computer unable to predict his attacks. I could definitely double check folks like Mera or Liberty Belle to try and get the right phrasing.

The "targeted" clause was essentially a compromise on the counterstrike component, allowing him to counter special attacks, but not ones like Explosions, Sonic Screams, Supernovas etc that don't actually specifically target him.
Old April 6th, 2019, 08:54 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

The targeting stuff is because it also works on special attacks, and we're trying to limit the amount of weirdness there. Might be a better way to word it, but that's why it exists.

The Apollo shoutout could probably just be this:

BRUTALITY BOOST
While Midnighter is engaged, Operatives you control add 1 to their Move number and, if you control Apollo, he adds 1 to his Attack number.

Slightly different (as now non-Operative Apollos also get the boost), but I don't think the distinction is meaningful.
Old April 6th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
The targeting stuff is because it also works on special attacks, and we're trying to limit the amount of weirdness there. Might be a better way to word it, but that's why it exists.

The Apollo shoutout could probably just be this:

BRUTALITY BOOST
While Midnighter is engaged, Operatives you control add 1 to their Move number and, if you control Apollo, he adds 1 to his Attack number.

Slightly different (as now non-Operative Apollos also get the boost), but I don't think the distinction is meaningful.
You could say Andrew Pulaski if you want to rule out folks like DC's actual deity Apollo (which there is a figure for). Precedent is somewhat there from Ocean Master, but it would be weird for him to use the real name and Apollo to stick with the Secret Identity on his reference.
Old April 6th, 2019, 09:02 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

That's true - we alternate a bit depending on whether it's more the idea or the person. There's not really any other prominent comic Apollo worth designing, but secret identity is probably a good idea here anyways.
Old April 7th, 2019, 03:55 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Maybe these games are flukes, but I'm a bit concerned with this guy's level of power. 9 wounds against the Fantastic 4 is essentially killing 400-500 points worth of figures against an army that is tough to wound. Granted, Computed Response is a power that is especially brutal against F4 as it bypasses their defense and 3/4ths of the team have not particularly high attacks, but it still seems high.

Basically, this guy's defensive power is pretty brutal against any figure who rolls less than 6 attack dice, and his high life gives him the staying power to abuse that.

Speaking of which, why is his life so high? I get he's been 'augmented' and has accelerated healing, but most superheroes do and they don't have such high stats. 7 life puts him on par with Superman and Hulk. Doesn't seem appropriate (although admittedly I don't know much of the character). If he started as an average human and has an augmented healing factor/basic resistance, I'd max him out at 6 life.

I'd also consider dropping his attack by 1. Even with 4 attack, he'll be adding an automatic skull most of the time, which makes him basically have 6 attack. The defense reduction and power nerfing is just icing on the cake.

Long story short, this guy seems worth a lot more than 280-ish points and I definitely think there's some power creep going on here.

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:02 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

The calculator comes up with 290 points for me.

If the Fan Four are falling due to Calculated Response, they're not being played well, IMO.

Both Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman can disengage and attack from range, so unless someone like Blob is locking them down, they shouldn't be attacking him from an adjacent space. Human Torch doesn't have disengage, but does have range and likes to disengage anyway so he can use Flame On 4. Thing doesn't have range or disengage, but he's the one member of the team that should be able to hold up fine throwing adjacent attacks against Midnighter.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 7th, 2019, 04:09 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margloth View Post
Maybe these games are flukes, but I'm a bit concerned with this guy's level of power. 9 wounds against the Fantastic 4 is essentially killing 400-500 points worth of figures against an army that is tough to wound. Granted, Computed Response is a power that is especially brutal against F4 as it bypasses their defense and 3/4ths of the team have not particularly high attacks, but it still seems high.
He did have height for the entirety of his fight with Thing from what I recall. So that part of it was a case of unlucky dice for Thing, and that fight came after Invisible Woman died.

However, as I look back over it, I realize I missed his 3 wound hit on Thing in my total, so he did better against the Fan 4 than I had originally remembered, so your point is definitely valid.

Quote:
Basically, this guy's defensive power is pretty brutal against any figure who rolls less than 6 attack dice, and his high life gives him the staying power to abuse that.

Speaking of which, why is his life so high? I get he's been 'augmented' and has accelerated healing, but most superheroes do and they don't have such high stats. 7 life puts him on par with Superman and Hulk. Doesn't seem appropriate (although admittedly I don't know much of the character). If he started as an average human and has an augmented healing factor/basic resistance, I'd max him out at 6 life.
It was decided to up the life in this way as a representation of the healing factor. Seeing as how I missed those wounds on the Fan 4 fight, I definitely could see doing this health drop by 1.

Quote:
I'd also consider dropping his attack by 1. Even with 4 attack, he'll be adding an automatic skull most of the time, which makes him basically have 6 attack. The defense reduction and power nerfing is just icing on the cake.

Long story short, this guy seems worth a lot more than 280-ish points and I definitely think there's some power creep going on here.
I'd probably want to see a more range-heavy army before I commit to both of these changes. In both of my fights, he really wasn't getting outranged much, and when he did it hurt him pretty badly.

I would say adjusting the Life or Attack down 1 in response to the previous tests would be a good call before next test, but I don't know about both. Then again, there's a fairly stark difference between johnny's results and mine, as he never got his points worth in those and definitely did in mine (though game 2 was basically built around him, so I don't know how much I'd hold that against him).
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:10 PM
Book Wyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
The calculator comes up with 290 points for me.

If the Fan Four are falling due to Calculated Response, they're not being played well, IMO.

Both Mister Fantastic and Invisible Woman can disengage and attack from range, so unless someone like Blob is locking them down, they shouldn't be attacking him from an adjacent space. Human Torch doesn't have disengage, but does have range and likes to disengage anyway so he can use Flame On 4. Thing doesn't have range or disengage, but he's the one member of the team that should be able to hold up fine throwing adjacent attacks against Midnighter.
Only one hit by Calculated Response was Fantastic. So, that one would definitely be my bad on that one for forgetting he can disengage. The remaining wounds were all from his regular attacking.

EDIT: And given that that led to an early death for Mr. F, I'm thinking I'm going to rerun that test after I do that Kree Captain. I don't want my suboptimal move dragging him down too much. Can't control for luck, but can control for me being forgetful.
Old April 7th, 2019, 04:20 PM

Sounds reasonable to me. I'd go drop in life and run him back. I don't think he's as far off as his results might imply.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library