Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 4th, 2022, 02:09 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Green Wyrmling discussion and playtesting

Just chiming in to point out one more reason D&D lore should be retconned from heroscape
Old June 4th, 2022, 02:23 PM

Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Shiftrex is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Well, is there a consensus from the people that were working on this? Planet choice wise.

It's a really great design, has been fun for me personally to play and I'd love to see a green wyrmling in scape finally, makes for a fun little flying army among all of them. I would like to nominate or see it nominated while there is a viable miniature is around (and being produced) that could support it.
Old June 4th, 2022, 03:22 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftrex View Post
Well, is there a consensus from the people that were working on this? Planet choice wise.

It's a really great design, has been fun for me personally to play and I'd love to see a green wyrmling in scape finally, makes for a fun little flying army among all of them. I would like to nominate or see it nominated while there is a viable miniature is around (and being produced) that could support it.
I'd give it a week outta respect, but you might be waiting on people that are inactive or have moved on. At this point the project seems public domain. A lot of the feedback you are getting are old arguments that might be bettered settled by the judge vote to review and the unified fanscape vote.

For example if I had been inactive for a year I think my designs would be free to submit if a mini became available.

Now is someone sniped the minis another designer was actively pursuing to SoV that would be bad form.

Remember SoV started as a way to nominate other people's designs.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old June 4th, 2022, 03:25 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Good luck.
Old June 4th, 2022, 06:15 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Oh ffs this stupid debate again. The only reason they made the official Wyrmlings from D&D planets was to pander to D&D players since they were reusing D&D minis. Make the damn things from Icaria if it'll help some of you sleep at night, but since the forbidden side of the card doesn't mean a damn thing*, if we have a balanced design and an available mini it should be full steam ahead.

*Seriously, someone should poll to find out how many people actually give half a crap about it

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old June 4th, 2022, 06:36 PM

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

I'm a D&D lite, as in a displacer beast or a rust monster mini should follow those templates just like a a nepoleonic uniform would be from earth history and batman is batman.

That said I'm fine with D&D wyrmlings bonding with Icarian wyrmlings the same way the cultists hate dragons in every planet and green scales will follow any dragon hero.

"Forbidden Side" - love it

Old June 4th, 2022, 06:50 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

There are a lot of Batmans.
Old June 4th, 2022, 07:38 PM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scytale View Post
it would have to have poison breath
I don't understand this requirement; why wouldn't it be a mini-Charos ("fledgling counterstrike")?
To me, the most important aspect of the Heroscape Wyrmlings is that they are D&D wyrmlings, not any relation to Heroscape ones. Like other dragons of the D&D era, Othkurik and Moltenclaw, they are more closely aligned with D&D than classic Heroscape dragons (a black dragon following Utgar, for example). A wyrmling that is not a D&D wyrmling would be stick out as an oddball of the bunch.

Even that I was ok with before to an extent, but D&D dragons all have distinct looks. It's clearly a D&D green wyrmling. Setting it alongside other D&D wyrmlings and saying that one is not D&D-based? That I couldn't handle.
Old June 4th, 2022, 07:56 PM

This is as respectable stance as calling out star wars battle droids, sheilds agents or planes walkers. A figures recognizably will very from person to person.

For example the mech warrior minis so fair don't send any red flags but a timber wolf would be a step too far for me (I'm an old MW nerd). A Gundam would be worse.

That said Scytale might be in the minority here so I wouldn't take his opinion as gospel, but I wouldn't ignore it either.

Old June 5th, 2022, 08:24 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Perkins View Post
Quote:
it would have to have poison breath
I don't understand this requirement; why wouldn't it be a mini-Charos ("fledgling counterstrike")?
To me, the most important aspect of the Heroscape Wyrmlings is that they are D&D wyrmlings, not any relation to Heroscape ones.
I'm going to preface this by saying @Scytale that even though we've never talked, I deeply respect you as an SOV judge and for the role that you've had in shaping the SOV/VC canon during your tenure. I always enjoy reading your unit reviews, and I think that more often than not, you hit the nail on the head when deciding whether a figure deserves to be upvoted.

However, I don't think you appreciate how deep you're in the minority with this point of view. To the overwhelming, overwhelming majority of players, the 'most important aspect' of Heroscape wyrmlings is not that they D&D wyrmlings, but that they are miniature versions of the classic Heroscape dragons. (Especially now that the Blue Wyrmling has an 'adult version' in Quahon). Most players do not care 2 bits about the wrymling's homeworld or the fact that they originated in D&D, and for the players that do, only a fraction of them actually believe that the Green Wyrmling should have some sort of poison breath attack. I would be very confident in saying that well over 95% of players would vastly prefer Fledgling Counter Strike - I doubt that people who genuinely think the Green Wyrmling can't have this ability because it conflicts with D&D lore would even make up 5% of the player base.

Now, I do understand that as an SOV judge you are free to vote however you would like. However, at the same time, if something like 97-98% of players would strongly prefer Fledgling Counter Strike, and you fall into the 2-3% that doesn't, should you still be voting in accordance with your own personal view of what a Heroscape wyrmling actually is? If it turns out that the Green Wyrmling is overpowered, unbalanced or whatever, then sure, go ahead and downvote. But I don't think that you should be downvoting a figure for lore reasons when your interpretation of said lore goes against what the absolute, overwhelming majority of players agree on and would prefer.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman
Old June 5th, 2022, 09:07 AM

People want a worse version of Counterstrike?
Old June 5th, 2022, 09:21 AM

Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness Grey Waves wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado View Post
People want a worse version of Counterstrike?
*shrugs* It seems to be what people have been advocating for in this thread. The point is moreso that there is near-unanimous support for the Green Wyrmling having *some* version of Counter Strike; only an absolute minority would be in favour of a poison breath attack instead.

“Just because I disagree with you, does not mean that I hate you. We need to relearn that in our society" - Morgan Freeman

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards