Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 9th, 2009, 06:08 PM
C3G Hero

Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness Garada wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Favorite Customs

I just wanted to give a little special recognition to a few of my favorite customs, the ones that my group likes to play; I keep an extra mini and a printed card in my 'playtest deck' for all of these characters, and to me they are all a ton of fun!

I encourage everyone to give a 'shout out' to their favorite custom, including their own work.

In no particular order:

Sherman Davies
' Wonder Woman

She's a popular character in our group, loved by all the ladies, and the men alike. I think SD really captured her power and the essence of her character in these 3 simple powers. I admire Sherman's ability to keep his cards elegant.

hi1hi1hi1hi1's STILT-MAN

When a card for a character you don't really know anything about compels you to run out and buy a pricey miniature, it's a winner. This card is just so funny and absurd, it makes everyone smile when he's in play. As a bonus, for 80 points he's a great distraction... your enemy CAN NOT ignore him. He draws attention while the real heavies move into position.

GreyOwl's Lockjaw

A great use of a nice figure, thematically he's totally perfect; he's also a great guy to have around when you really gotta move people around on the map. Plus, who doesn't love a giant teleporting dog? He's great, and also a favorite of the ladies.

whitestuff's Speedy

I love a character with a disadvantage, and her frailty certainly qualifies. Great range, and able to hold her own if some melee goons dare to get in close. Also, she's the only one to ever kill Hellboy in playtesting.

NecroBlade's Rogue

It's always a bonus when a card is NM24 approved, but this card was full of great ideas even before its trial. I really love the mechanic of absorbing a destroyed figure's power... not only is it just like the comics, it's also a variation on the Viking's Spirits. Just totally right, a great depiction of the character, right down to her seductive personality.

Markb97402's Gotham Police

Another NM24 card, it's just great. We can always use more Common Squads in the Supers world, and what common squad is more perfect than the GCPD? It helps that I have over a dozen of the figures, but the card itself is where it's at. Markb also went through over 100 Batman comics to find a panel with 3 GCPD cops in it... that's dedication.

If I had to pick one card from my own gallery, It would have to be my Bulleteer:

Just based on her sheer popularity in our games, she gets picked EVERY TIME! I personally prefer Hellboy, but Bulleteer just seems to have some appeal to everyone who plays. I like that she's very simply written.

I'm sure I'll be adding to this list in the next few days, but please add your own favorites to the list!

- Garada

Last edited by Garada; April 10th, 2009 at 06:14 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations