Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games
Other Board Games Board games that are not Heroscape.

Old May 8th, 2011, 12:39 PM
Monokidnatic

Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Jim is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: Battleship Galaxies Revealed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
I admire your attempts at posting to our English dominated forums dra(gon). Unfortunately, I can't make sense out of your post.
Here's my take on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dra(gon) View Post
sounds good, but i wonder if the game arives the eu shore. it sound good and expansions "weee"
He hopes it is in stores in Europe. It sounds like a good game, and expansions would be great!

Quote:
in other way i rember a long time ago , as i saw games like heroquest and starquest in stores, in a tru shop i found space hulk is wished it on x-max and got it. i have never been in a games workshop store or hear about hat.
Long ago, he remembers seeing games like Heorquest and Starquest in stores. He saw Space Hulk for sale in a TRU, asked for it for Christmas, and got it. He's never been in a GW store or heard about them.

Quote:
today "spielzeugläden" are have an overkill on games and most you never find. hs was the same after the expansions hit the store ist was sad to find then and we got only 2 waves.
Now, a store called "spielzeugläden"has a great abundance of games, most you'll not find on other stores. HeroScape was like that. The expansions showed up in the stores before the master sets, and it was disappointing that they only ever got two waves.

Quote:
so i hope it the stores in normal way , and sell it like a "cool game look" even the expansions a 30-42$ expansion would be cool.
He hopes Battleship Galaxies is sold in normal stores, it looks like a cool game, and even if the expansions were $30 - $42, that would be OK.

Quote:
the question ist how great are the plans for the game.
that the game expanse with the expansions, like spacestations, asteriods, new races, oder new ships , and technology.
His question is, how big are the plans for this game? Will the game grow with expansions like space stations, asteroids, new races, other new ships, and new technology?

At least that's how I read it.

Don't think of it as being outnumbered. Think of it as having a wide shot selection!
Scaper of the Week #17
How to get to Skyknight's house: Drive to the red light, then call him.
Old May 8th, 2011, 12:44 PM

Mongofa Woo who?

That's cool! Hopefully one of my friends will get it, so I can try it out before actually buying it, $65 isn't cheap.

[img]Creedence_Clearwater_Revival[/img]
Old May 8th, 2011, 07:33 PM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMoochie View Post

So if Battleship: Galaxies is like Axis and Allies Naval Miniatures except for being in space, better gameplay, and no blind purchase you can count me in.
It's more tactical than A&A. More detailed. Plays completely different.
How would you compare its style and gameplay to other spaceship based miniature games?

Are you familiar at all with Full Thrust, Starmada, Firestorm Armada, Battlefleet Gothic, etc, that you could compare it to?

For instance, can we expect other hallmarks of the above mentioned games like firing arcs, weapons having different effectiveness at different ranges, point defense weapons squaring off against torpedoes/ordinance, boarding raids, critical effects such as crew damage, loss of systems, etc?
Old May 8th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Mighty Mouse!

Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Grungebob is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Quote:

So if Battleship: Galaxies is like Axis and Allies Naval Miniatures except for being in space, better gameplay, and no blind purchase you can count me in.
How would you compare its style and gameplay to other spaceship based miniature games?

Are you familiar at all with Full Thrust, Starmada, Firestorm Armada, Battlefleet Gothic, etc, that you could compare it to?

For instance, can we expect other hallmarks of the above mentioned games like firing arcs, weapons having different effectiveness at different ranges, point defense weapons squaring off against torpedoes/ordinance, boarding raids, critical effects such as crew damage, loss of systems, etc?
I've played all of the games you've mentioned and a few others like Silent Death, Star Fleet Battles, and Noble Armada. Battleship Galaxies is quite different. Remember what you have seen in those previews. There is an element of game play that Battleship Gallaxies employs and those other games don't.

“Heroscapers is too old for that crap.”
~IamBatman

"Hahahah! You losers! I told you so!!"
~Clancampbell
Old May 9th, 2011, 12:41 AM
Monster Manual Memorizer

Robotech Master has disabled reputation

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robotech Master View Post
Quote:
Quote:

I've played all of the games you've mentioned and a few others like Silent Death, Star Fleet Battles, and Noble Armada. Battleship Galaxies is quite different. Remember what you have seen in those previews. There is an element of game play that Battleship Gallaxies employs and those other games don't.
Well I know the Pegs for Shields/Wounds is different and the Letter/Number dice combo will obviously be different. I've read there is some kind of Action points for activation and actions. That's mainly what I've gotten from the previews.
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:11 PM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Check out Heroscapers Home Page today for more information and pictures that Truth has put up about the game.

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old June 13th, 2011, 02:38 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Will it be available for Demo and/or Sale at Origins?
Old June 13th, 2011, 05:47 PM

Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun Astroking112 is a penguin with a machine gun

I hope that there comes expansion with planets. Like, they can be like the board (In hex-shapes, so you place it down), with special rules and so on. And more of those tactic cards.
Old June 14th, 2011, 07:02 PM
No Soup or Happy Endings For You!

CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla CheddarLimbo is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
I hope that there comes expansion with planets. Like, they can be like the board (In hex-shapes, so you place it down), with special rules and so on. And more of those tactic cards.
Yeah! And then your guys could go down on the planet to fight, too! And have a sort of skirmish there where they try to wipe out the other side, or control an area for a while. They could use hexes for the land spaces to keep the continuity. Maybe even some sort of 3D landscape or something like that. And you could use miniatures to represent all of the different people moving around.

And it wouldn't even have to be just Sci-Fi, you know? You could have ships come from all different parts of the galaxy, too. Or even different galaxies! So it wouldn't just be humans, but maybe fantastical monsters, or sentient robots, or ape cyborgs, etc.

Man, I'd buy that expansion in a heartbeat!

Old June 14th, 2011, 09:49 PM

Teamski is surprisingly tart

[quote=CheddarLimbo;1422962]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroking112 View Post
And it wouldn't even have to be just Sci-Fi, you know? You could have ships come from all different parts of the galaxy, too. Or even different galaxies! So it wouldn't just be humans, but maybe fantastical monsters, or sentient robots, or ape cyborgs, etc.

Man, I'd buy that expansion in a heartbeat!
I can see it now, people creating a Heroscape world for Battleship Galaxies. The marro arriving on the distant planet of Valhalla aboard cyborg pirate ships! The ships certainly look marro in a way.

Heck, why not create campaigns using Heroscape on different planets. The terrain would support such an idea. The Heroscape world has everything you need!

Each ship would secretly be given an alotment of points and if that ship gets destroyed, you lose those units aboard.

-Ski
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:17 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I think it would be pretty cool if Hasbro used some of the Heroscape races for expansion factions. I would love to see some Marro, Primadon or Soulborg spaceships.
Old June 15th, 2011, 01:22 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Our own SuperflyTNT has reviewed the game. Link here.

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > Other Games > Other Board Games