Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old April 10th, 2019, 01:47 PM

CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker CzarChasm knows what's in an order marker
Re: Poll: Most Popular Unannounced Characters

I've already used up all my votes so could someone vote for Howard the Duck for me please? I'm surprised he hasn't been done yet!
Old April 10th, 2019, 03:34 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I voted for Taskmaster and will change my vote to Howard the Duck!
Old April 11th, 2019, 11:55 AM

ProfessorShananigans is surprisingly tart
Smile Re: Poll: Most Popular Unannounced Characters

New Mutants PLEASE!!

Warlock is my all-time favorite Marvel character! We need Magik, Cannonball, Sunspot, Karma, Moonstar and Cypher... all we have right now is Wolfsbane and Magma if I'm not mistaken. Glad to see X-Statix possibly getting some love though.

Keep the Mortal Kombat stuff coming too if possible! So awesome!
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:00 PM

...but sorry, for my actual votes:

Alpha Flight - 1
Anarchist - 1
Dead Girl - 1
Doop - 1
Orphan/Mr. Sensitive - 1
Phat - 1
Venus Dee Milo - 1
Vivisector - 1
Old April 11th, 2019, 12:05 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

So awesome to see someone’s first two posts be in this thread! Welcome!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 11th, 2019, 12:14 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorShananigans View Post
New Mutants PLEASE!!

Warlock is my all-time favorite Marvel character! We need Magik, Cannonball, Sunspot, Karma, Moonstar and Cypher... all we have right now is Wolfsbane and Magma if I'm not mistaken. Glad to see X-Statix possibly getting some love though.

Yeah, we were all kinda going over big names we're missing recently, and New Mutants kept coming up as a big blind spot for us. I'm not really that familiar myself, or I'd try to help out there.

EDIT: Oh, and excuse my manners: welcome to the boards, and thanks for stopping by C3G's corner of em. Don't feel shy about poking around and asking questions!
Old April 11th, 2019, 05:17 PM
Self-Destructive Shellfish

L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness L0B5T3R wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
New Mutants PLEASE!!

Welcome to the land of C3G! We would love to hear from you regularly around these parts!
Old April 11th, 2019, 05:33 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
New Mutants PLEASE!!

Welcome!

Dani Moonstar (as Mirage) has been created but not released. Other than that, I think there’s an interest in seeing them made, but the current C3G crew doesn’t have too much knowledge on them.

If you want to do some write-ups and post them in the Public Design Workshop, I think that would be a great way to get the ball rolling.
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:28 PM
Archie

Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth Arch-vile is a man of the cloth

I don't think I've ever listed my eight picks. Overall I love to see anyone who has been in a recent Superhero movie. There's plenty of characters from the Lantern universe that I'm interested in too. And anything from outside of Marvel/DC is great just to have guests!

Glomulus
Superman Prime (or Superboy-Prime, it's the same character)
Black Flash
Quake
Ebony Maw (and the rest of the Black Order)
Guardian of the Universe
Batmobile
The Incredibles
Old April 11th, 2019, 09:31 PM
Just A Head

MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun MrNobody is a penguin with a machine gun

The Guardians are a big one that's missing I think.
Old April 11th, 2019, 10:25 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

My Ganthet mini does want a design!

Superboy Prime is on my short list for LDs (but my short list is long ....).

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 12th, 2019, 09:33 AM

Wow, thanks to you all for being so welcoming! I love this game, and I love the C3G customs!! Perhaps I should introduce myself...

My name is Oliver George, and I've only been playing Heroscape for less than a year. I remember being intrigued by Heroscape when it was actually on store shelves back in the day... but alas, I had already hitched my youthful (and limited) finances to the HeroCLIX wagon.

I played Heroclix from it's inception in 2002 (at which time I was only 16 years old or so) until fairly recently. I quit and re-joined the game several times during that 15 year run. Continually frustrated by how expensive Heroclix were, the fact that the boosters were blind and worst of all, how obsolete figures would become in the span of only a couple years.

There were some up sides to Heroclix for me though. Firstly, it ended up getting me into making and painting custom miniatures! At one point I was making some decent coin making and selling Heroclix customs to people all over the world. I did a 'Marvel Lanterns' custom set of 10 figures, that imagined Marvel characters as various avatars of the emotional spectrum. I think I sold that set for like $500 to some dude in Germany! One thing that put my customs above and beyond the competition, was that I had a friend at the time who was very skilled at graphic design. So I was actually able to produce fully playable custom figures. Complete with custom cards and game dials that looked near perfect. I have a Facebook page for my older custom stuff if anyone is interested.

The second positive thing that came out of Heroclix for me was last June. I ended up getting a gig as a co-commentator for Wizkids at the Heroclix US National Championships (at Origins game fair). I didn't get paid, but was compensated with tons of prize support that I sold on Ebay for a couple grand. It ended up being a free 5-year anniversary trip for the missus and I to Columbus, Ohio (great freaking city!).

Anyways... a little while back, I realized that I was NEVER playing clix anymore, hated the meta tournament scene and was sitting on an expensive collection. I know how quickly clix depreciate, so I sold everything I had in one swift decision. I netted a nice chunk of change, and decided to hunt down some new games. Heroscape was one of these games, and it turned out to be the game I had always been looking for (without knowing it!).

Essentially, Heroscape to me felt like what I had always wanted Heroclix to be. Heroscape's rules are just so intuitive and deceptively simple. The order marker system is (to me) complete brilliance. I began hunting down everything I could find for Heroscape. Thrift stores, Ebay, local classifieds, Facebook marketplace... I was on the hunt! I got really lucky with a lot of cheap finds, and my main interest was terrain. As soon as I discovered the C3G project, I knew that was what I wanted to be playing. Regular ("official") Heroscape stuff is fun too (and I love the squads), but I've always been more into comics than fantasy personally. More importantly though, your team has made it very affordable for the most part to create these characters. Sometimes it results in questionable sculpts, but it was nice that I already had a bunch of these figures in my old "crap-clix" box!

I think the C3G stuff just NAILS IT when it comes to both thematic accuracy AND in-game balance. Our gaming group used to play a different game every time we gathered... now we have consistently just played 'Scape every time instead, while our other games collect dust. I would love to contribute to this team if possible! In addition to making custom figures for clix back in the day, I also used to design custom dials/game mechanics that got me a lot of praise from that fan community (for their apparent creativity, accuracy and balance). I am very familiar with Alpha Flight, New Mutants, X-Statix, Mortal Kombat and more!

I was also actually the editor, translator and proofreader on a successful Kickstarter game called "Gob'Z'Heroes". I actually reached out to the (French) creators after backing the game and then realizing that their English was atrocious (as I assumed the English version of the game would also be). They ended up bringing me on board and the rest is history.

I've also recently started making some of the C3G recommended customs (Leatherface, Chucky, Michael Myers, Ash Williams, Sub-Zero). I'm trying to make each one my own though, and would be happy to share pics if anyone wants to see!

Thanks again for the warm welcome! Apologies for this barrage of text, but I just wanted to introduce myself properly. I am very interested in helping create new character designs and gaining some insight on your processes (calculating point costs, etc). I will warn you all that I am pretty busy, so I will try my best to carve out time for this. I have 3 kids (10, 8 and 2) and work on-call at the hospital. While also performing stand up comedy, making music, acting, writing and I am about to launch a podcast. Please let me know if I can post links to my comedy/creative exploits. I hope you like stoner humor! I actually just recently hosted an event for Canadian MuchMusic retro icon 'Ed the Sock' in March!

Thanks again for being so friendly everyone!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy