Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online
Scapers Online Discussing the online HS community

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 17th, 2006, 09:26 AM
Beautiful Colby

truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer truth is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
***A New Era For Heroscapers***

Well folks the time has come. We’ve out grown our little shared server hosting account. The traffic increased 5 times, what it was running on average, over the week of GenCon, and has continued to maintain at a rate more than double average. We managed to crash our shared server during GenCon and the hosting company lost a client in the process. We have to move onto a dedicated server or the hosting company will simply turn off our account for “abusing good neighbor rules”. So I’ve worked up as good a deal as I could get by calling upon a friend, but the hosting costs are still going to more than double what they have been. So I ask you, folks who use this site almost daily, to pledge to chip in somewhere between $1-$5 a month into the paypal donation account. If we can get enough of us hitting the thing every month with a small pledge then we will keep ourselves covered from month to month. Please pledge by responding to this post with your pledge amount. Then hit the paypal button with your first pledge. Every month about a week before your pledge is due I’ll send you a reminder PM. We are looking for $70 a month in pledges to keep the bills paid. Of course if we do more than that, that is great too, the extra money will go towards other things like tourney support or other site improvements. We are currently going to be pre-paid for 5 months on the new server thanks to donations already received. But I figure if we start pledging now we can stay ahead of ourselves and not come up short if some peeps are unable to make their pledges. So what do you say? Is a couple of bucks a month too much to ask to keep your favorite site afloat? Also note that you should save a copy of any pictures or files you upload as you might see recent stuff disappear upon rolling over. Basically they have to make an exact copy of the current site unto the new server and then flip a switch to put us up on the new server. Everything that happens between the time they flip the switch and I redirect to the new server will disappear. So we will lose a few posts but nothing major. I know you’ve had reason before not to trust such statements. But we are dealing with a large professional hosting company with plenty of trained techies.

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Scapers Online