Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old December 5th, 2021, 04:51 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker
KnightOfLight's Customs

Hello and welcome everyone! My name is KnightOfLight and thank you for checking out my customs thread!

Here are my first few customs:

Count Caspian:
Spoiler Alert!

Solaris-X:
Spoiler Alert!

Nemesis:
Spoiler Alert!

Thank you again for taking the time to look at my customs!! Please feel free to leave your thoughts, comments, critiques, Ect!

More to come soon!!

Last edited by KnightOfLight; December 5th, 2021 at 05:16 PM.
Old December 5th, 2021, 07:23 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth
Re: KnightOfLight's Customs

Pretty clean and uncluttered designs, especially coming from a beginning designer. Nice work!

I would caution you that as a game mechanic, power mimicry can be very tricky, with lots of potential for corner cases and unforeseen consequences. I remember C3V toying with the concept once for one of our customs, but eventually dropping the idea.
Old December 5th, 2021, 09:41 PM

KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker KnightOfLight knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherman Davies View Post
Pretty clean and uncluttered designs, especially coming from a beginning designer. Nice work!

I would caution you that as a game mechanic, power mimicry can be very tricky, with lots of potential for corner cases and unforeseen consequences. I remember C3V toying with the concept once for one of our customs, but eventually dropping the idea.
Thank you! And yes I totally agree, that particular power I think needs some work. I was trying to think of all of those corner cases, but I think I’ll need to go through cards. I was hoping the lower stats would help keep it balanced. There has got to be a way though right? Thank you for checking the thread out!
Old December 5th, 2021, 11:16 PM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Great designs! You probably need to playtest it but I think Count Caspian is probably only 70-80 points, since Counts don't bond with anything.

Solaris X is easily my favorite here. I'm not sure if 120 points is best or if it should be cheaper - 2 attacks of 4 at 7 range will be awesome, but solar power means that once he's in position to attack he'll have to wait or he'll become vulnerable. Then again, with 5 defense he's kind of a budget Q9 so those limitations may still result in very powerful unit.

I'm skeptical of an Aquilla soulbourg even if it solar-powered. But Aquilla is probably the best general for this unit so I'd keep it there. Great, great custom though.

Nemesis is fun and a super unique design - but probably wouldn't be all that fun to play. If you're going up against say, Nilfheim, you've got an almost 100% chance of duplicating Ice Shard Special - which is just crazy (and a bit unfair) at 80 points. But if your opponent doesn't have great heroes, well, Shadow will be disappointing. It's a brilliant design I just think it will be so swingy that it'll make the game not fun for either yourself or your opponent.
Old December 6th, 2021, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox View Post
Great designs! You probably need to playtest it but I think Count Caspian is probably only 70-80 points, since Counts don't bond with anything.

Solaris X is easily my favorite here. I'm not sure if 120 points is best or if it should be cheaper - 2 attacks of 4 at 7 range will be awesome, but solar power means that once he's in position to attack he'll have to wait or he'll become vulnerable. Then again, with 5 defense he's kind of a budget Q9 so those limitations may still result in very powerful unit.

I'm skeptical of an Aquilla soulbourg even if it solar-powered. But Aquilla is probably the best general for this unit so I'd keep it there. Great, great custom though.

Nemesis is fun and a super unique design - but probably wouldn't be all that fun to play. If you're going up against say, Nilfheim, you've got an almost 100% chance of duplicating Ice Shard Special - which is just crazy (and a bit unfair) at 80 points. But if your opponent doesn't have great heroes, well, Shadow will be disappointing. It's a brilliant design I just think it will be so swingy that it'll make the game not fun for either yourself or your opponent.
Hello! Thanks for your input!

You may be right about caspian, I guess I was comparing him to count Raymond as they are essentially counterparts. But he does give less utility so I think a point drop may be in order! I put him at 90 because of his offensive potential output. 3 or 4 with rerolled skulls seems strong, but you are right with no bonding that’s only once per turn.

Solaris is probably my favorite as well. I plan on submitting him to the SoV, so I need to play test him more! The reason he is an aquilla soulborg is because the design I’m going with is a soulborg that the mareadian resistance reprogramed.

Yeah, mimic is one I’ve been struggling with for a while now. Do you think limiting the mimicry to small medium would help? My only other thought is that while yes, copying ice shards is great, 2 defense, 4 life is easy to take out. And you can’t build a strategy around hoping you get a special (or can you? Thinking there might be a corner case I’m missing)

Thank you again!! I appreciate all the input!
Old December 13th, 2021, 09:11 PM

SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness SchismaticSounds wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Nice to see your customs thread finally started up!

Thought I’d share a couple designs Ive stumbled upon with the mimic idea.

I think it would be much easier to mimic stats in a way similar to this.
Spoiler Alert!

And found this one in the very early sov submissions thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old December 18th, 2021, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchismaticSounds View Post
Nice to see your customs thread finally started up!

Thought I’d share a couple designs Ive stumbled upon with the mimic idea.

I think it would be much easier to mimic stats in a way similar to this.
Spoiler Alert!

And found this one in the very early sov submissions thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Very interesting! Thank you for sharing!! I agree that mimicking stats is a much easier task for balancing. I might mess around with that idea! Examples help a little to!
Old December 18th, 2021, 07:37 AM

AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness AMIS wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Count Caspian is pretty cool...I like the d20 penalty on others nearby.

Solaris X has some awesome powers and I like the charging ability improving his stats. Brilliant idea! As a robot I'd have put him with either Utgar, Jandar or Vydar instead of Aquilla but I'm not sure which.

Nemesis, I'm unsure about simply due to play-ability. The power seems fine but trying to remember what powers the mimic has would be my biggest issue (to add to my numerous other normal issues - lol). I like what your trying to do with it but I'm unsure about it.

Just when you thought it was all right, someone made it alright.

Good trades with - Porkins / xraine69 / mac122 (x2) / frylock / Ztimster (x2) and probably others I forgotten to mention...sorry.

Last edited by AMIS; December 18th, 2021 at 07:37 AM. Reason: Nice customs - AMIS
Old December 22nd, 2021, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIS View Post
Count Caspian is pretty cool...I like the d20 penalty on others nearby.

Solaris X has some awesome powers and I like the charging ability improving his stats. Brilliant idea! As a robot I'd have put him with either Utgar, Jandar or Vydar instead of Aquilla but I'm not sure which.

Nemesis, I'm unsure about simply due to play-ability. The power seems fine but trying to remember what powers the mimic has would be my biggest issue (to add to my numerous other normal issues - lol). I like what your trying to do with it but I'm unsure about it.
Thanks for stopping by! You bring up a great point, I hadn’t thought about how people will need to remember what powers they have! I guess your opponent has the card but that could get old having to ask for it every turn or so. I want to adjust his card, but the holidays are extra busy so my scape time is limited right now! Hopefully I’ll have time after Christmas to make some changes!!
Old March 8th, 2022, 10:03 AM

Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness Knox wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I love the Solaris-X custom and I'd love to see it make its way to SoV to complete that MechWarrior Set!!

I would propose the following change for the solar powered/solar charge powers:

SOLAR CHARGE
When you reveal on Order Marker on Solaris-X, add X to Solaris-X's move, range, and attack for this turn where value X is the number of the order marker you revealed this turn.

OR

SOLAR CHARGE
When you reveal on Order Marker on Solaris-X, add X to Solaris-X's move, range, and attack for this turn where value X is the number of the lowest-numbered revealed order marker on this card.

This would eliminate the need for tokens, which I know SoV prefers not to use if possible.

Otherwise, if you keep the token system (which is very thematic) I would increase the base attack to 2 so that with a full solar charge he can get 2 attacks of 5. Otherwise, the figure is too weak to need to charge up for so long (imho)

Last edited by Knox; March 8th, 2022 at 12:10 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards