Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion
Marvel Discussion General discussion, units, rules & FAQs specific to Marvel HS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old December 29th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Drink Burt's Beer

davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death! davidlhsl is hot lava death!
davidlhsl's Guide to Superhero Customs

Introduction
Since Heroscape has been officially discontinued, there has been a lot of interest in the customs that have been created by the Heroscapers' community. The Marvel section is getting some of this notice.

As you know, the official Marvel Heroscape project pretty much fizzled after its Master Set. Ten more units had been promised, but they never saw the light of day. Members here have taken the reins, and have been producing Superhero customs for quite some time.

If you're just checking into the Marvel section for the first time, you might be overwhelmed. What is C3G? NM24? What do I need, and where do I find it? And you likely have a host of other questions. I've been playing various customs for a bit over six months, so I thought I'd put together a guide for the newcomer to hopefully give you a tour of what is available, and where to find it. Please note that this is not going to be a guide on how to design your own customs. If you're interested in designing your own customs or creating your own cards, try this index.

My focus will be skewed towards my own experience and perspective, so please don't consider any omissions on my part as a reflection of the other stuff that is available. I will point you to some areas beyond my own personal gaming. This way, you can choose from the widest possible selection.

You will see many links throughout this guide. When I click a link in my browser, the linked item will appear in a separate browser window. I will assume this behavior. If this doesn't happen for you, then follow your own browser's method to open the linked page in either a separate window or separate tab. This will allow you to keep your position in this guide in the main window, and view the linked page in a separate area. This way, you can go back-and-forth between the two as I discuss things. Usually, you can right-click and select a menu option to do this.

Bear in mind that things may change within the linked items after the time this guide is written. If you see any broken links, please PM me so that I can update this guide.

TABLE OF CONTENTS

If you click any of the links below, the single post will open. You can expand the single post to the full thread by clicking the upper-right link after Thread:. If I edit anything, date edited appears. I will note what last changed in the Reason for Editing section of the post.

Part I: Initial Questions You May Have (02/18/11)

Part II: The Customs
Chapter 2.1.1: C3G - Introduction (02/17/2011)
Chapter 2.1.2: C3G - Navigating their Subforum
Chapter 2.1.3: C3G - Favorite Units (10/19/11)
Chapter 2.2: The HelmAVerse/Sherman Davies Group
Chapter 2.3: Balantai's Battlescape
Chapter 2.4: GreyOwl's Customs and Customs Compendium
Chapter 2.5: NM24 and other customs

Part III: Putting it All Together
Chapter 3.1: Where to find it (02/01/2011)
Chapter 3.2: Rebasing (03/10/11)
Chapter 3.3: Proxies
Chapter 3.4.1: Tweaking - Introduction
Chapter 3.4.2: Tweaking - The Power of Numbers
Chapter 3.4.3: Tweaking - The Power of Words (04/03/11)
Chapter 3.4.4: Tweaking - Documenting your tweaks (04/03/11)
Chapter 3.5: Maps, Special Rules, and Final Comments (03/07/11)

If you want a more abbreviated guide, tcglkn has a C3G Quick Start Guide that is dedicated specifically towards C3G.

Corrections and suggestions are welcome. Feel free to PM me.

Last edited by davidlhsl; October 19th, 2011 at 05:22 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Discussion