Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2008, 04:30 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: The Book of Agent Skahen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongHeroscaper View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
He's saying that those are Shaken's stats while buffed by the vikings.
However, the Krav are SIGNIFICANTLY better to buff with the Vikings. They're a squad, they get more attacks, have equal stats, cost less points, and are just outright better for just flat out killing things. Shaken is more strategic.
Ah, thanks for the answer!

I agree with Bloody the Marro Stinger here. Keep in mind that the KMA can shoot 3 times from different positions. The flexibility of the unit is higher than Skahen. I would rather boost them than Skahen.
I see your point, guys, but don't neglect the fact that Skahen retains her more value on her last life. With one Krav left, you only get 1 attack out of the 3 you need for the Krav to be maximally effective. On Skahen's last life, you still get to shoot twice. So it's like having 2 Krav when she has 3 lives, 2 Krav when she has 2 lives, and 2 Krav when she's on her last life.

Also, keep in mind that 1) There's no need to decide between them. You couldn't have more than 1 squad of Krav Agents before. Now at least you can add Skahen to the team. And 2) Skahen does make the Krav, the Nakita, and various other units more mobile than they are without her. We'll see how valuable that turns out to be, but nobody lays down Cover Fire like Agent Skahen.
Old August 16th, 2008, 04:52 PM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiteofthedice View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bloody the Marro Stinger View Post
He's saying that those are Shaken's stats while buffed by the vikings.
However, the Krav are SIGNIFICANTLY better to buff with the Vikings. They're a squad, they get more attacks, have equal stats, cost less points, and are just outright better for just flat out killing things. Shaken is more strategic.
Ah, thanks for the answer!

I agree with Bloody the Marro Stinger here. Keep in mind that the KMA can shoot 3 times from different positions. The flexibility of the unit is higher than Skahen. I would rather boost them than Skahen.
I see your point, guys, but don't neglect the fact that Skahen retains her more value on her last life. With one Krav left, you only get 1 attack out of the 3 you need for the Krav to be maximally effective. On Skahen's last life, you still get to shoot twice. So it's like having 2 Krav when she has 3 lives, 2 Krav when she has 2 lives, and 2 Krav when she's on her last life.

Also, keep in mind that 1) There's no need to decide between them. You couldn't have more than 1 squad of Krav Agents before. Now at least you can add Skahen to the team. And 2) Skahen does make the Krav, the Nakita, and various other units more mobile than they are without her. We'll see how valuable that turns out to be, but nobody lays down Cover Fire like Agent Skahen.
But also don't forget that most of the time when Skahen and KMAs are wounded, they roll no shields. A 3-skull attack can only kill one KMA but it can kill off Skahen.
Another thing is heroes with multiple attacks, Q9 for example. If the KMAs are positioned well, Q9 can attack one of them in one turn, leaving chance for the other 2 to attack him next turn. Skahen does not have that.
But I agree, we do not need to choose only one of them. We can use them both . I will have to try Skahen with Dund some time.

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 16th, 2008, 05:29 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
But also don't forget that most of the time when Skahen and KMAs are wounded, they roll no shields. A 3-skull attack can only kill one KMA but it can kill off Skahen.
Another thing is heroes with multiple attacks, Q9 for example. If the KMAs are positioned well, Q9 can attack one of them in one turn, leaving chance for the other 2 to attack him next turn. Skahen does not have that.
But I agree, we do not need to choose only one of them. We can use them both . I will have to try Skahen with Dund some time.
Ooo! Look at me! I'm LongHeroscaper - I'm smarter than Spite!

Yeah, you're actually very right. I hadn't thought of how much worse off she is than the Krav on Defense. I guess the thing to do is to keep you're opponent so busy with the Krav and/or Nakita that going after Skahen would mean ignoring 3-6 dangerous figures. I find that whenever I'm up against Concan, I get stuck in situations where I want to kill him because he's boosting the figures around him, but taking the time to kill him off means enduring many more attacks from boosted squad figures. Similarly, if Skahen is a lesser evil than the Krav, perhaps she'll be a less critical target. Certainly, she is designed to allow you to position your Krav and Nakitas as critically as possible.
Old August 16th, 2008, 06:56 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

I agree that a full health Skahen is inferior to a whole squad of Krav Maga Agents, but equal to two Krav Maga Agents, and superior to one. The idea is you don't have to compare them because she also has Cover Fire and can move them, so draft both.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 18th, 2008, 11:53 AM

LongHeroscaper has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raudulfr Shieldcrusher View Post
Quote:
Here is a question: Skahen attacks an opponent figure on an Attack glyph, kills it, then moves Nakita onto the glyph. Will Skahen receive the Attack bonus for her second shot? I think the answer is yes, but not 100% sure.
Absolutely. Why are you not 100% sure?
I don't know. Probably because of all of the different phases in one turn that confuse me. But come think about it, if a Zombie kills a figure on a glyph and replaces it with a new Zombie, the glyph will take effect immediately, and the other Zombies that attack that turn get benefit from it. Works the same as the case in my question.

So, to answer your question again: It's because I had not had my coffee when I posted this morning !

L...o....n......g.....H...e.....r....o.....S....c....a....p...e......r .....
Heroscape Brief Card for Beginners.
How to share your maps with the world.
VirtualScape 101.
My map thread.
Old August 18th, 2008, 12:05 PM

Agent of Vydar is surprisingly tart

Well apparently Paul said that she was supposed to tie in to the Nakitas. In their bio they were helping the Gorillanator's retreat, so I thought that by Skahen's Rescue they meant that she was helping rescue the Nakitas and the Gorillanators.

http://www.heroscapers.com/community...191#post646191 Check out my Epic Battles! Vote for Samurai Showdown or Northern Outpost!
Old August 18th, 2008, 12:22 PM
Snot Yo Mama

Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Snotwalker 8000 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Dund loves Skahen!

I got a chance to play several games with Skahen, one of which included the venerable Dund in her army. Cover Fire allowed Dund to move into a position where he gained that magical Crippling Gaze range to my opponent's Marden Hounds... We placed order markers for the new round, and my opponent scoffed at Dund has he placed all 3 of his markers on those Hounds (they were in a GREAT position to charge into my starting zone and plague several squads of Microcorp)... I won initiative, and to my opponent's dismay, rolled a 19 with Cripple Gaze!! Unopposed mayhem ensued!

Showing no respect for Dund, my opponent again placed all 3 markers on his beloved hounds for the next round. I again won initiative, and yes, AGAIN Cripple Gazed his hounds on turn one. Dund was a happy happy canine!

Agent Skahen has really helped to give a big boost to Dund, allowing him that 3rd turn opportunity to move into Cripple Gazing range without "wasting" a marker on him.

Overall opinion of Skahen following several games? Fantastic!! She's fun, effective, with great synergy with tricky/vydar armies, and she's also NOT overpowered. She's just right for 120pts.

"The Democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Old August 18th, 2008, 12:39 PM
Ruler of the Damned

Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun Retlaw is a penguin with a machine gun

One minor little detail we noticed on Agent Skahen -- her card uses the older "pre-SotM" look without the vines. Doesn't really mean much, but is kind of interesting.
Old August 18th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
One minor little detail we noticed on Agent Skahen -- her card uses the older "pre-SotM" look without the vines. Doesn't really mean much, but is kind of interesting.
Actually, while you guys were enjoying yourselves, we discussed this fact and wotcpbarclay even got asked about it. He claimed it was done that way to tie in with the Nakitas. Yes, we were that desperate.

Card Layout Types

Quote:
Originally Posted by wotcpbarclay View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent of Vydar View Post
Sorry for all the needless posts that I did in the past few pages and I don't tend to do them anymore so I'm starting clean.
Paul, I noticed how Agent Skahen's card does not have the same artwork as the other recently released card, meaning the vines? Does this mean that going forward they aren't going to show the vines or was this a mistake?
To answer your question slightly too precisely, "no." Vines will be used for sets that tie into the Marro master set. But, this wasn't a mistake. Agent Skahen is intended to tie in to the Nakitas.
Old August 19th, 2008, 02:11 PM
The Guy That Thinks Runa is Good (and has actually won games with her)

killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death! killercactus is hot lava death!

I can also vouch for Skahen's playability. I played her in the Unique hero tourney at GenCon and she was fantastic. Combined with Raelin, she is downright nasty (just like the Krav). Plus, I think that Raelin, Krav, Skahen is one of the best 300 point cores an army could possibly have.

I still think the Krav are better, but when they're both in the same army it can be really evil.

Like battle reports? Click Tourney Reports (New 10/21/2012 - Cutters / Brutes!)
KC's Maps
Click KC's Customs
Scaper of the Week #57
Old August 19th, 2008, 03:20 PM
GenCon 2014 Main Event Champ / Obsessive-Compulsive HS Storage Organizer

R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth R˙chean is a man of the cloth

I too can vouch that she has a high level of playability. The ability to move a Krav back and a Nakita up, potentially on the same turn, can be an exceptional tactical move.

She is very good and more importantly, very fun! A bit of finesse is required but I like units like that.

A must read for all 'Scapers!
Old August 19th, 2008, 11:37 PM

bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer bunjee is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParaGoomba Slayer View Post
Am I the only one who see's painted eyes in the picture?
Aren't those awful? I was doing my best impression in the photo that Retlaw took. That was an early paint job, fortunately good sense won out and she has fleshtone eyes like other Heroscape figures. They did not reshoot for the card. There is a rumor that the pdf of the card will have a new photo to match the figure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogg View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retlaw View Post
The basic side has the release name: "Skahen's Rescue"

So what/who was Bunjee rescued from?
Seattle?
North Carolina?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units