Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles
Custom Terrain & Obstacles For Custom terrain, buildings, and other misc. obstacles

Old July 29th, 2009, 08:52 PM

hotforsusan is surprisingly tart
easy customs

After being amazed over and over again at the resourcefulness and creativity of the custom terrain builders, I decided to try it and see if it was as easy as many had suggested. And for the most part it is. There is alot of trial and error, but that is part of the enjoyment.

One custom I had seen a few times was the aquarium plant mod, so I thought that was good to start with. I used the dremel to drill a few holes in a 1 hex tile. A variety of cheap plants from Michaels and 2nd hand stores were cut to the desired height, then glued to the tile.

After coating the tile suface with watered down white glue,a little moss from the lizard tank was chopped and sprinkled on the gluey surface, wait a minute and tap off the excess.

While pruning some bamboo in the garden I thought "Wow, if I was 28mm tall, I would build a bridge out of this stuff." So thats what I did.
I'll post pics later.

Another good find at Value Village was the Harry Potter wizard chess set( only $4). I havent done anything to them, and I may not as they look pretty cool as is.

Old July 29th, 2009, 09:12 PM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: easy customs

Wow! Very cool. I like the use of chess pieces. I also like the location of the door in the 5th pic. I may have to try that sometime!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work

Last edited by 'Scaper94; July 29th, 2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:40 PM

The Walrus King is surprisingly tart

Nice first post! Like the bridge in the 1st pic too.

LOSE THE GAME
RULE 1: You are playing the game.
RULE 2: Whenever you think about the game, you lose.
RULE 3: Loss must be announced.

Congrats. You just lost game.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:03 PM

Here are some pics of the bamboo bridge.

Old July 29th, 2009, 11:10 PM

I made this fence with the bits that were too small for the bridge. 2 long pieces were glued together length ways, the crevice filled with glue and the fence pieces stuck in randomly. After it dried, a long skinny piece for a brace was added along the back and finally a little moss and glue.

And 1 more of the chess pieces.

Old July 29th, 2009, 11:13 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Those Harry Potter statues are sweet, I need to search for a copy.

The bamboo bridge is hella-great, nice job!

-insert signature here-
Old July 30th, 2009, 09:04 AM
a lot of people... think I'm a girl

tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby! tubafication rolls all skulls baby!

That bamboo bridge would look so cool with a huge army of Ashigarus on it.
I do like the chess pieces with the ice. I wish I could do that!

I love birdies and butterflies and rainbows and unicorns and glitter.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

What in the world? Did you photoshop in real water or something? Anyone confused, look in the bottom left of the picture. Unless that is one of those lexan mats, but I don't think ive ever seen one that looked like that.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:42 AM

habs1009 knows what's in an order marker habs1009 knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post

What in the world? Did you photoshop in real water or something? Anyone confused, look in the bottom left of the picture. Unless that is one of those lexan mats, but I don't think ive ever seen one that looked like that.
I think it's the countertop.

My map thread.
Spoiler Alert!
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Caster of Crying

Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Warlord Alpha is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by habs1009 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warlord Alpha View Post

I think it's the countertop.
Perhaps, but it just has too much definition (is that the right word?) to it. I mean, it wouldn't be hard to photoshop that in there, but now I'm really curious.
Old July 30th, 2009, 10:53 AM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

Yeah, I bet it's either a marble counter top or a floor tile with an interesting pattern. Definitely not a lexan mat, I have some of those, and they have hex marks on them.

-insert signature here-
Old July 30th, 2009, 02:28 PM
The Dark Lord on his dark throne

Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth Sherman Davies is a man of the cloth

As a lover of cheap and easy customs, I've gotta say this is a great thread already. Keep it up!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Terrain & Obstacles