Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: joe5joe7's Marvel maps!

Disclaimer: I have not set up or played on Wayne Manor at all. Also, this feedback is given with regard to the BoM project.

I notice two things from the building instructions on this map. First, the water tiles that form the window in the wall are not in compliance with the building rules for Heroscape maps. Minor issue that is easily fixed by swapping the water tiles for a road or wall walk tile.

Second, I do not like that the manor floor does not fully cover all of the hexes of the batcave. If you look at level 13 of the build instructions you can see that the floor of the "batcave" is still visible from the top when the floor of the "manor" is placed above it. This would allow flying units to go from the batcave directly to the manor without using the hex with the ladder at the back of the map. That may have been a design choice, but for me it ruins the idea that the batcave is an isolated chamber beneath the manor. Again I think this can be fixed by altering the floor of the batcave so that no hexes are visible from above once the floor of the manor is placed on the map.

Other than that I think this is a cool idea that I would love to see developed further.
Old December 29th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

tom provides an excellent point. It doesn't really comply with the rules of building (even though it does make it look cooler ). However, it is an easy fix. Just replace them with wall walk tiles, just as tom said.
Also, the top floor not completely covering the bottom doesn't really fit my likings all that well... Possibly, could you try and fix it?

Sup3rS0n1c = Alexander the Great (August Cave) = Siege (Floating Archipelago)
Old December 29th, 2008, 02:45 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

definatly, maybe I'll move it because I am using averypeice in the first MS RTTFF and the castle set

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old December 31st, 2008, 02:36 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

there, now it complies with BOM rules

Old December 31st, 2008, 03:48 PM
Shade Tree

Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness Sup3rS0n1c wears ripped pants of awesomeness

'Nuff said.

Old December 31st, 2008, 04:24 PM

'cause there isn't an american in there.

Old December 31st, 2008, 04:28 PM
Shade Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
'cause there isn't an american in there.

Well, seriously, why did you choose to put a brit in instead of a Marvel character (or soulborg, krav, etc.)?

Old December 31st, 2008, 04:30 PM

I was just fooling around with characters and i forgot to take them out when I took the picture

Old December 31st, 2008, 06:39 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

JoeJoe,

I messed with the map for a while, but was not sucessful. What I was trying to do was:
1) Add a second window upstairs (so it looks more like a mansion)
2) have the upstairs overlap the downstairs completely (so you can't jump down or shoot down, except for the elevator/batpole)
3) have a cooler way to get to the batcave (I think this is pretty important)
4) have the batcave have a carport for the batmobile (7 tile) surrounded by water with the a 2 across bridge going out the door

I got really close a couple times, but couldn't get it to work. I think you are going to need this kind of thing to make this a great map. It already is a really cool good map.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 31st, 2008, 07:24 PM

In the build instructions I just made I cover the batcave, but I willhave to think about the rest, I have a few tiles left over now also...(to fit BOM standards I can't use my whole collection )

Old January 1st, 2009, 12:20 AM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For the 2 on 1 game try this.

Player 1: 800 (in Castle)
Player 2: 500
Player 3: 500

-Vitm

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old January 3rd, 2009, 08:38 PM

Re: joe5joe7's Marvel maps! Wayne Manor Updated

here's my new one, on the first page. I think it addresses everything except the carport...

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios