Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios
Marvel Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios built primarily for Marvel terrain and figures.

Old December 15th, 2008, 10:33 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: Battlefields of Marvel (BoM) Discussion Thread

I don't see the fact that double spaced figs can get up to be a problem because double-spaced figures's were priced according to how they can manuver through terrain. Take Nilfheim for example, he would have had a slightly higher point value if he could fit on the Rotff bridge, And Q9 would be over 200 points if he were on a DW9K base. So the unit's size was taken into effect when they were priced aswell as the fact that the designers knew that they wouldn't be able to fit everywhere. So I'm saying that we shouldn't go out of our way to make them fit everywhere. I also love the glyph idea but instead of moving the start zone move the glyph one space closer to the blue start zone, and when I was playing it the hill got plenty of play so I don't see it as a necessity. Lastly Do you guys think that an Alien Research Facility is a good map idea for a map (it uses 1 Marvel, 1 SotM, and 1 FotA and uses the marro hive as the alien)?

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

High Quality Map Rendering
Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
VC Units Base Size Spreadsheet
Old December 15th, 2008, 10:50 PM

pti8 is surprisingly tart

Ok I am not really into building maps as it tests my patience too much but I think it would be really cool if someone built a Highway map.
Old December 16th, 2008, 04:17 AM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

Can we use any custom objects/buildings? if so I'll nominate one of my maps once I get it in VS

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.
Old December 16th, 2008, 07:06 AM
You can't go wrong with [insert thing you can't go wrong with here]

spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby! spidysox rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
Can we use any custom objects/buildings? if so I'll nominate one of my maps once I get it in VS
Unfortunately joe5joe7 we cannot allow customs in this. We are trying to provide maps that everyone can build with the basic scape stuff available. I (and I'm sure just about everyone else) loves cool custom stuff, but it doesn't fit into what we are doing. By all means, nominate a map if it has a good Marvel feel to it, we just cannot accept any type of customs.

"A good teacher is like a candle: it consumes itself to light the way for others." -Anonymous
Old December 16th, 2008, 10:32 AM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidysox View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe5joe7 View Post
Unfortunately joe5joe7 we cannot allow customs in this. We are trying to provide maps that everyone can build with the basic scape stuff available. I (and I'm sure just about everyone else) loves cool custom stuff, but it doesn't fit into what we are doing. By all means, nominate a map if it has a good Marvel feel to it, we just cannot accept any type of customs.
What he said.

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"
Ephesians 2:8-9

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and you will be saved" Acts 16:31

PM me if you would like to know more.
Old December 16th, 2008, 05:45 PM

Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Vydar_XLIII is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Even Pete's Distructable object pack isn't allowed. But feel free to send the map in anyways.

"I disagree. You're kind of right, yes, but Vydar and I are entirely right." -superfrog

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:47 PM

The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker The Silver Surfer knows what's in an order marker

I'm pretty sure that map doesn't follow BoM guidelines, pete...

"For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast"

Old December 16th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Mayor of Scape City

peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness peteparkerh wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Silver Surfer View Post
Take a close look. Under the El attached to the Tower Bridge. I have a sewer underneath.

As for the paper terrain. I would say no for now. Lets see how many maps can get created using just the normal sets.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE 2013 "BEAT BY XANTH" CLUB
and Minas Tirith Campaign from Lord of the Rings today.
Old December 16th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteparkerh View Post
Quote:
Take a close look. Under the El attached to the Tower Bridge. I have a sewer underneath.
Ok.... I'm sorry, you lost me. Doesn't that just prove my point?

Old December 16th, 2008, 09:20 PM
PA/MD/NJ Tourney Promoter - Evil!

tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness tom wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
Amazingly enough the double map I am working on has a sewer/subway underneath a street/park area. I should get a chance to playtest it tomorrow night so I can hopefully post it on Thursday. If you want a preview Pete (or any of the judges), PM me with your e-mail and I will send it to you.

Should BoM maps have special objectives/scenarios or should they specifically be the last army standing type? I think my map(s) will work either way but it would be good to know ahead of time.
Old December 17th, 2008, 04:34 PM

Quote:
I couldn't resist... More pictures are in my photo thread here:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=22483

Amazing!! Did you do that on purpose when you were modifying El?

Btw Please virtualscape that.
Quote:
I'm sorry, but currently the answer is no, and I don't see any desire to change it from anyone.
I agree. No customs. Period, end of discussion.

Yay my 100th post

Vydar's Custom Units
Vydar's Maps

Last edited by Vydar_XLIII; December 17th, 2008 at 07:36 PM.
Old December 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM

joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker joe5joe7 knows what's in an order marker

It does look cool tho. what if the customs were made out of cardstock, pritable online? just a question, I'll asume no tho if no one wants to answer.

A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Marvel Maps & Scenarios