Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:28 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: The Pre-SoV Workshop

Quote:
Originally Posted by capsocrates View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maklar the Silver Prince View Post
He looks good! I see only one slight, very very slight problem. The ability to attack one extra time in Battle Rifle doesn't seem to totally go with the personality of Precise. This is mostly because he attacks twice with only the range of 5. I don't really see a precise mariedan allowing his enemies to get rather close to him and then gunning them down. Of course, that could be just me, and it is a very minor nitpick.
Heheh, in battle you don't always get to "allow" or not "allow" your enemies to get close to you.
True, but double attack at 5 range seems more like mowing down the enemy that picking them off precisely.

Told you it was just minor nitpicking.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 2nd, 2014, 06:57 PM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Render Fy seems really good if you manage to get him on height. Sitting on 5 defense and two attacks of 4 at range 5 is just a touch better than Kaemon Awa for the most part. Outside of that, however, he's probably going to struggle. The lack of moving certainly keeps his cost down and I like the added synergy it provides with the M-43. Sighting is otherwise a nice reuse of a power.

I'm not sold that he really needs the extra range option on battle rifle. It's fine to have and it almost gives a choice, but I don't think it does that much. While it's nice to be able to shoot from farther if need be, there is a large gulf between 3 extra range and an extra attack. I would suspect that that option may get used very few times since it can only be used if you don't move. For the most part, I could see myself moving him instead and gaining "range" that way. Ultimately, I don't think that there is anything necessarily wrong with it, but I feel that it is providing too little to really warrant being there.

I believe he looks Mariedian enough but I think I'd like justification for his class beyond how he looks. To this point, the resistance members of the Mariedians have been fighters or a Scout with Kira. Being a soldier implies a level of organization and style of training that I don't feel the resistance necessarily has. If he were to be a soldier, I'd like to here it justified by a backstory of some sort. Maybe he comes from the early days as the soulborgs rose and was a soldier fighting against them. Maybe he predates the soulborgs when the Mariedians still fought their own wars. He could even be a member or leader of an actual organized army within the resistance. I don't really know for sure, but I just feel like I need a little more there to sell me on soldier. Precise is fine for me, though Disciplined may also fit if he's a soldier type. There are all sorts of ways you can go with soldier types.

I overall like him and think he's a nice hero addition to the M-43. You can potentially get quite a bit of power for his points, but you certainly have to work for it. Cool unit, capsocrates.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:22 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixe View Post
I'm not sold that he really needs the extra range option on battle rifle. It's fine to have and it almost gives a choice, but I don't think it does that much. While it's nice to be able to shoot from farther if need be, there is a large gulf between 3 extra range and an extra attack. I would suspect that that option may get used very few times since it can only be used if you don't move. For the most part, I could see myself moving him instead and gaining "range" that way. Ultimately, I don't think that there is anything necessarily wrong with it, but I feel that it is providing too little to really warrant being there.
I really like the choice aspect of the power, but maybe you have a valid point. Does anyone else feel the same way?

The only possible fix I see going for is simultaneously dropping his base range to 4 and increasing the boost to +5. That way it's a pretty significant boost. Of course that makes it more likely that the player isn't so much making a choice as much as attacking someone once while they're far away and then twice when they get closer. Although he could have to choose between attacking two nearer figures (or one nearer figure twice) and one figure farther away, I suppose.

Quote:
I believe he looks Mariedian enough but I think I'd like justification for his class beyond how he looks. To this point, the resistance members of the Mariedians have been fighters or a Scout with Kira. Being a soldier implies a level of organization and style of training that I don't feel the resistance necessarily has. If he were to be a soldier, I'd like to here it justified by a backstory of some sort. Maybe he comes from the early days as the soulborgs rose and was a soldier fighting against them. Maybe he predates the soulborgs when the Mariedians still fought their own wars. He could even be a member or leader of an actual organized army within the resistance. I don't really know for sure, but I just feel like I need a little more there to sell me on soldier.
I've already mentioned the bold as possible backgrounds for him. I'm not too concerned on picking a particular one--I think he fits easily enough as a Mariedian that the Fiction department can pin down exactly which of his several possible backstories is best.

Quote:
Precise is fine for me, though Disciplined may also fit if he's a soldier type. There are all sorts of ways you can go with soldier types.
I thought about Disciplined, but I prefer Precise as it goes with the powers on the card.

Quote:
I overall like him and think he's a nice hero addition to the M-43. You can potentially get quite a bit of power for his points, but you certainly have to work for it. Cool unit, capsocrates.
Thanks, Ixe.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old April 2nd, 2014, 07:49 PM
GenCon Main Event Champion - 2019 & The Doom of Man

infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla infectedsloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Quote:
I really like the choice aspect of the power, but maybe you have a valid point. Does anyone else feel the same way?
I don't really see how any of us can definitively answer that. You've playtested him, your inexperience supersedes our theoryscape in this situation.

I'm certainly not opposed to Battle Rifle in concept.
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:08 PM

Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness Maklar the Silver Prince wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Quote:
I'm fine with the power as is, as a choice to increase his range will allow him to stay out of melee threat for a turn. However, this helps express my problem with the ability, the lack of precision it shows. Its still not much of a problem, but something to think about.

Lowering his defense could help even out the choice. This would make him more vulnerable to return attacks and thusly a longer range more valuable.

The beatings will continue until morale improves!

Maklar the Silver Prince's Customs
Old April 2nd, 2014, 08:41 PM

IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun IshMEL is a penguin with a machine gun

Just theoryscaping here, but what if Sighting and the range enhancement were both dependent on not moving this turn? Once he's in position, he's a Precise Sniper figure. On the way there, he's a short-range multi-blaster soldier.
Old April 3rd, 2014, 10:16 PM

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth

Quote:

figure used is Human Soldier of Fortune from the Star Wars - Clone Wars line.

Rendar Fy
Aquilla

Mariedian
Unique Hero
Soldier
Precise

4 life
5 move
5 range
2 attack
4 defense

90 points

SIGHTING
When Rendar Fy is attacking with a height advantage, he rolls an additional attack die.

BATTLE RIFLE
When attacking, if Rendar Fy did not move this turn, he may either add 3 to his range or attack one additional time.

--

I suppose the "did not move this turn" restriction is not strictly necessary, but I like that it helps to keep his cost down and further ties him to the Mariedians, as he benefits even more from getting moved out-of-turn.

I think I like the Soldier class for him. The mini looks very soldierly.
I've played a few games. So far I'd guess he's closer to 80 points than 90. Did you know the only ranged heroes at 80 points are Estivara and Erevan Sunshadow, both of whom really suck? There's also Capt. John Varan, I suppose.

--
--
--

--
Old April 4th, 2014, 11:02 AM

Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Ixe is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

In these games, how often are you using the range option on Battle Rifle compared to just moving or doing the double attack?

In any case, range is already fairly height hungry and Sighting just makes the difference even more extreme. A range attack of 2 seems hardly worth 80 pts, but turtling on height and he's practically Kaemon Awa.

I notice some maps are much more range than melee friendly, not even including maps with plants. Some have the start zones in a low area and you gradually climb to the top. This means range has to close with melee in order to try to gain height or lets melee have height advantage as they approach. Other maps have the central area lower than the rest of the map, or have height right next to the start zone. There it is much friendlier to range since they can easily claim height and fire on melee as they advance. I'd suggest trying him on both styles of map. My guess is that Sighting will make him look pretty rotten on the former and amazing on the latter. As such, I'd be careful with kicking him lower too quickly.

That said, while I keep comparing him to Kaemon Awa, I think I may be underselling the distinction that he is not allowed to move to gain the extra attack. The samurai excels in clean up by being able to run and gun, while Rendar Fy can't rapid fire until the enemy is in range at the start of his turn and can only match in power when he has height. He also lacks counterstrike, though that isn't the most reliable power with 4 defense.
Old April 4th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Can not ignore himself because of typo - Online HS Season 2 Champion

awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun awesomeunleashed is a penguin with a machine gun

My thought on seeing him was to lower his base range to 4 and increase the BR range boost to 4; that would make it more of a choice if you found the extra attack was usually the move to make.

Old April 5th, 2014, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by William099 View Post
Here is my latest Marshal and Rampage.

Did I get the wording right on the clear sight part?

How is testing coming on Rampage?

--
--
--

--
Old April 5th, 2014, 08:06 PM
the above

William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness William099 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

It hasn't been, might see if we can get started this Sunday.

Customs here
Master Set IV/Assault in the Mournlands.
William099 is Lord of Blades...
in THE FRACTAL COMPLEX
Old April 6th, 2014, 07:13 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

I like Rendar Fy cap.
A simple nice design and fills a niche as a decent 80 point ranged figure. I like Ixe's suggestion of dropping Range to 4 and increasing BR to +4, though it may not be needed.
I am trying to remember, is there any Soldier synergy?

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards