Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 13th, 2009, 02:56 PM

thezandcshow has disabled reputation
Lightbulb Heroscape and Magic: the Gathering - Inventive Concepts

As many of you know, I am a fan of Magic: the Gathering and Heroscape alike. I've noticed several connections between them, and some of Magic's concepts could become relevant in Heroscape.

Multi-Faction Units are basically like multicolor creatures in Magic. These would work for two or more factions at a time, and bring new mechanics to the game. For example, if two abilities were to target units of seperate factions, a multi-faction unit would be affected by both, be it positive or negative.

Energy, like Mana in Magic, is used to pay for artifacts and spells(explained later), and is put into the form of counters that you put one onto a creature of your choice on your turn. They could come in boxes with the artifacts or sets of spells, with an amount equal to the total required to play the one of highest cost. The energy is removed from the unit once it is used, but can be re-used on other ones. It is developed from whatever faction is developing it or can be colorless for generic spells and artifacts.

Artifacts can be compared to glyphs or the Fortress Door. Unlike glyphs, they are figures themselves and can be put onto the card of whatever picks it up (it is picked up when you're adjacent to it). They can give special benefits to the "equipped" unit, whether activated or not.

Spells are card-only abilities, but can be used by any unit, as long as it shares one of its factions. They are used through the buildup of energy, and generic spells can be used by any unit with enough energy, be it colorless or of their faction. They would be bought in box sets coming with energy counters as well, containing either generic spells or faction spells.

Positive/Negative Counters can put unexpected spins on the functioning of a unit, either increasing or decreasing attack, defense, range, or movement. Usually it could come from a unit ability, an artifact or a spell.

So discuss my list, whether you like the ideas or not, because I'm okay with whatever you think of it. It was just a thought that I wanted to put into the community, so enjoy.

Do I really need a signature?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion