Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con
Gen Con Anything and everything that has to do with Gencon!

Old May 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
My six-year-old sister-in-law calls the shots

caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth caps is a man of the cloth
Re: Gen Con 2013 - Events APPROVED

I think the Hounds are drastically underrated, but maybe I just don't know how to counter them. I have friends that often open with 2xMarrden Hounds. The Hounds don't always do lots of damage, but man are they inconvenient to move around. I have no doubt they'd do great in HoB.

Formerly known as capsocrates
--
Remixed Master Sets - challenge yourself with new terrain combinations!
--
Colorado Fall 2023 Multiplayer Madness
--
caps's Customs Redux - caps's multiplayer maps - caps's maps - Seagate

--
Continuing Classic Heroscape: C3V SoV
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:53 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dok View Post
When I realized this, I was immediately tempted to play Hounds x5 in Heat of Battle. Seriously, how awesome would that be? It wouldn't suck, either.
That would be cool!
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegaSilver View Post
Quote:
When I realized this, I was immediately tempted to play Hounds x5 in Heat of Battle. Seriously, how awesome would that be? It wouldn't suck, either.
That would be cool!
I bet that was MM's army...
Old May 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That would be cool!
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:24 PM

Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness Raider30 wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Quote:
That would be cool!
Actually, out of the NE crew I'd be the one partial to hounds.

- Raider30
Old May 1st, 2013, 04:26 PM
Don't Need Range in the Knight-time & Gencon Main Event Champion - 2018

Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death! Matthias Maccabeus is hot lava death!

Sand / Rock / Grass Tiles.

Designated spots - NO. If you and your opponent cannot agree where they go, that's where the wonderful GMs come in and slap them on and say Be a man and work it out!

Dragon Dice - (the 2nd best game there is) Learn to Play!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1h3q6...wujcr8vVf8e21G

Last edited by Matthias Maccabeus; May 1st, 2013 at 04:27 PM. Reason: Negative Man Points if you guys have to have a GM do that
Old May 1st, 2013, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthias Maccabeus View Post
Sand / Rock / Grass Tiles.

Designated spots - NO. If you and your opponent cannot agree where they go, that's where the wonderful GMs come in and slap them on and say Be a man and work it out!
Get to the Back of the Line!

Old May 1st, 2013, 09:10 PM
"our design team knows what it's doing"

NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth NecroBlade is a man of the cloth

Hmm, at first glance, it looks like this for me:

Lightweight Skirmish (Thur 4PM)
Take 2 (Thur 9PM)
Heroscape - 4 x 4 (Fri 10 AM)
HeroScape - Championship Day 1 (Fri 3PM)
HeroScape - Open Play (Fri 9PM) - Maybe VC can get something cool together to show off?
HeroScape - Championship Day 2 Reverse the Whip (Sat 10AM) - With any luck.
HeroScape - Team Tournament (Sun 10AM)

Arena of the Valkyire - Help create Heroscape's next Master Set!
Trade List
C3V Brainstorm
never not funny
Pepperony - 14/09/13
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:16 PM
No good deed goes unpunished

greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness greygnarl wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I'll be at:
Championship Day 1
Open Play
Team Tournament

Not sure about any others, I might be able to make Take 2 depending on when we plan to leave, so we'll see on that one. I really wish one of Lightweight/AC/HoB was on Friday or Saturday because those are the other ones I'm interested in. Oh well, this will be fun.

Tournament Armies Played - C3VRP - Customs - Trades

I'm Krug in the Paradox Keep and Augamo on the Sacred Tundra.

Last edited by greygnarl; May 2nd, 2013 at 08:39 AM.
Old May 1st, 2013, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NecroBlade View Post
Hmm, at first glance, it looks like this for me:

Lightweight Skirmish (Thur 4PM)
Take 2 (Thur 9PM)
Heroscape - 4 x 4 (Fri 10 AM)
HeroScape - Championship Day 1 (Fri 3PM)
HeroScape - Open Play (Fri 9PM) - Maybe VC can get something cool together to show off?
HeroScape - Championship Day 2 Reverse the Whip (Sat 10AM) - With any luck.
HeroScape - Team Tournament (Sun 10AM)
Well it looks like I am playing Take 2 then! ^_^

And I know you're partnering with Deroche...

Quote:
Originally Posted by greygnarl View Post
I'll be at:
Championship Day 1
Open Play
Team Tournament

Not sure about any others, I might be able to make Take 2 depending on when we plan to leave, so we'll see on that one. I really wish one of Lightweight/AC/HoB was on Friday or Saturday because those are the other ones I'm interested in. Oh well, this will be fun.
It would be great for you to play all Four Days, but apparently you won't be able to.

~MegaSilver, going to have a great time playing Vipers with an added twisted. ^_^
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:06 AM

jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker jdtenor knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Right, no hex limit, vegie. You have to bring extra hexes to tack on to the back of the start zone if you're exceeding 24 hexes.
I'm a little lost why do we need extra hexes when all event have 16 figures or less?

Last edited by jdtenor; May 2nd, 2013 at 02:09 AM. Reason: Slimbrowser ghosted on me
Old May 2nd, 2013, 02:39 AM
Super Smurfy

Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Xorlof is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdtenor View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorlof View Post
Right, no hex limit, vegie. You have to bring extra hexes to tack on to the back of the start zone if you're exceeding 24 hexes.
I'm a little lost why do we need extra hexes when all event have 16 figures or less?
Start zones are typically 24 hexes, and 16 figures can exceed that if using double-space figures (16*2=32 hexes) or the hive.

There is nothing more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. --MLK

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events > Gen Con