Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old February 11th, 2007, 09:09 PM

hobbesthebrainslug has disabled reputation
do Marro have too much?

is it just me or are the Marro getting too much stuff? i like the marro and all but get some more of the other stuff before coming out with a marro themed master set.

any thoughts?

Grut name: Erjunak
Marro name: Na-Dav-Kak
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:11 PM

dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby! dragonfire9788 rolls all skulls baby!
No, and I have a great sceneario in mind for them. BWA! BWA! BWA!

Currently Sigless.
Gotta Go to the Sig Bank.
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:13 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Nope, you can never have enough bad guys. Bad guys are the fuel for any game. I like the Marro quite a bit. The only thing I like more then the marro would be the gorrilas.
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM
has been BANNED

Stealth Dodge is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa
I'd rather have "Flight of the Kyrie" than "Swarm of the Marro"
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:31 PM

bad_calvin is surprisingly tart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth Dodge
I'd rather have "Flight of the Kyrie" than "Swarm of the Marro"
Not me. There are enough pixies in the game, now it's time for the monsters.

Lets hope to see more gorrila's. Close combat Gorrila's and a few characters. Perhaps even some swinging through the marro jungle ass kickin gorrila's.
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:45 PM
LNoE Hero or Zombie?

ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker ej knows what's in an order marker
I just think the Marro are ugly. Stupid and ugly. They're ugly, so there. Nyah!

In all seriousness, I don't think this set's going to go down with the average consumer... that Marro giant is not very enticing, and makes the marro on the original MS box look great by comparison. Oh, don't get me wrong, us HS'ers are going to eat it up, but I think a set focusing on more units for Drake to command would've been perfect, or even more so, a set showcasing the Orcs. I would've even liked a set that featured lava terrain and had an obsidian giant.

But I'm not in Hasbro's employ, so my suggestions are worthless. But if I had been in the decision-making process I would've suggested featuring a different army in the next MS.

Can't complain too much, though. Marvel is coming out and expansions have been promised.
Old February 11th, 2007, 09:50 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Really? I think the new box front looks much better, more action-y than the last one.

I mean, what will pull people in like a Giant Monster fighting a robot?
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:06 PM
This week: Joah 2 Nwojedi 0

Joah has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by ej
Can't complain too much, though. Marvel is coming out and expansions have been promised.
I know we've been expecting there to be expansions, but where have we been promised? Did I miss that somewhere?

As far as the Marro go, I love them. Gruts are great too, I hope they are expanded in the next MS. I can't wait to get my hands on that swampland though.
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:09 PM
ToysRUs Kid

Taelord knows what's in an order marker Taelord knows what's in an order marker
The Maro are awesome. I love them. I think it is great that we are seeing them get more units.

Dan's Mom: "Why you persist in acting like a fifteen year old is beyond me."

Dan: "I'm filled with reckless desire."
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:17 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
They call it Master Set 2... I am sure there will be a 3... a 4... a 5... orcs in one, soulborgs in another... dragons in another yet

They may just be changing over to a play-able expansion form.. so each expansion can also be played stand alone, they might have done this because we all have so many friggen master sets as it is.. this way we can have so many, and have some variety in the mix.
Old February 11th, 2007, 10:40 PM

hobbesthebrainslug has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draconious
They call it Master Set 2... I am sure there will be a 3... a 4... a 5... orcs in one, soulborgs in another... dragons in another yet
omg! i would so get the dragon master set!

Grut name: Erjunak
Marro name: Na-Dav-Kak
Old February 11th, 2007, 11:42 PM
2-time GenCon Mindshackle and Main Event Champion

spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness spider_poison wears ripped pants of awesomeness
I like it when Hasbro keeps coming out with more Marro. Historical units are some of my favorite guys to play, but Marro are cool because I feel like they're a unique design. You can draw similarities between Marro and other fantasy characters in other games, but I feel like Marro are still some of the more original concepts in the game. Sure, most of the scultps aren't the best, but the idea alone is worth some credit.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion