Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards
Custom Units & Army Cards Fan-created HS army cards for units, glyphs, and equipment

Old June 18th, 2011, 12:26 PM
no baby bump - false alarm!

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - Green Wyrmlings, Red Wyrmlings 6/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBeeblebrox View Post
Trust me, since the SoV and the C3V has tried some figures with Counterstrike, these are probably undercoated...they should be 50 at least.

Counterstrike is a very powerful ability on Common figures. After lots of testing, I think it is one of the most unappreciated abilities in Scape
Hm. While I agree that Counterstrike is powerful, so are Special Attacks, and having SAs is where the other Wyrmlings earn their points. I've playtested the Green Wyrms a couple of times now, and the only thing they've managed to excel against so far is Fyorlag Spiders.

I actually don't mind that they are a little underwhelming, because I think they are a really good thematic fit and I wanted to fill that Ullar-wyrm gap. But I definitely don't see them as undercosted. They're fun-you should try them out.

Anyway, thanks for the input, ZB.

~Spite
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:31 AM

spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun spiteofthedice is a penguin with a machine gun
Re: Spite's Customs - The Moon Tribe of Aquilla - 6/22

So, making Kyrie squads is really difficult, because there aren't too many good, affordable, kyrie-like figures already out there, and in a squad, you want some similarity between squaddies, so making mods for them is a little tricky for someone of my questionable skill level.

But it turns out that Kelda looks exactly like what I think the Moon Tribe Kyrie should look like, given a slightly altered paint-job. I switched up hair color and randomized the mossy green on their spears to give them a little variety. I wasn't brave enough to try repositioning them. But hey, at least Kelda might get into a game now.

The Moon Tribe of Aquilla:
Spoiler Alert!

Great, now my pictures are too good--For the record, those little bits of blue that still show in the pictures are totally not noticeable to the naked eye. Meh.

As for the card, I haven't playtested them yet, but I think they should be a win. They are Hunters, so they get an attack boost and a no-hitzone enhancement from my Greater Bog Elemental, so I definitely think they can earn their points.

Plus, I haven't even made a card for the Princess of the Moon Tribe yet . . .

Let me know what you think. And some feedback on the minotaurs would be cool too. Nobody touched those. I dunno, I like them . . .

~Spite

Last edited by spiteofthedice; August 17th, 2011 at 09:54 AM.
Old June 24th, 2011, 05:33 PM

Re: Spite's Customs - The Moon Tribe of Aquilla - 6/22

I've been working on the Elite Rockhoppers for some time. I think they're ready, but I need help pricing them. I have NO idea.

Same stats as the AE, except +1 Move.
Only 2 as opposed to the AE's 4-man squad.
Abilities similar to the Dzu-Teh's Glacier Camoflage and Glacier Traverse.
Only 2 as opposed to the Dzu-Teh's 3-Man common squad.
Bonding.
Help!

The Elite Rockhoppers:

Thanks to Typhon and Sertorious for sharing SUREFOOTED.

Seriously, somebody help me price these guys. And I'd love feedback on Tonkk, Burauga, and the Moon Tribe Kyrie while you're at it.

Thanks.

~Spite
Old June 25th, 2011, 03:02 AM
now with morh frostrating pun-ishment

Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death! Typhon2222 is hot lava death!
Re: Spite's Customs - Help Price Elite Rockhoppers!

Hah hah, Rockhoppers! The mountain biker in me loves the name.

Oh man, I wish I could help with pricing Spite, but I'm useless here. I guess part of it is that I'm not sure who the Superstrength units are with which they can bond.

By the way, I really like the idea of bonding that isn't a given, but dependent on a d20 roll. Neat! Never seen anything like it. (Not that that means much, of course.)

Glad you found Surefooted worthy of being adapted for these guys as Broken Terrain Traverse (nice name, btw!). I will say that we've found it's a hugely powerful ability in terms of granting movement. It's not flying, but it's not far behind. Combined with a move of 5, these guys will be super-zippy. If you feel the need to nerf them a bit, they'd probably still be highly maneuverable even with a move of 4, compared to most non-flying units. Of course, the rougher the terrain, the more advantage they gain relative to other normal walking units.....

I really like the Rock and Sand Camoflage, by the way. Neat to see terrain-specific abilities — especially for terrain that normally gets any love at all. (Is "camoflage" lacking a "u" maybe?)

Sorry I can't be of any help other than ra-ra-ing.
Old June 25th, 2011, 03:20 AM
I could go

flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun flameslayer93 is a penguin with a machine gun

So...They bond with Marvel units? Very powerful figures? With very high costs???? Bad news for their controller... Either way, a price I'd start with would be around 50-60pts. Their bonding is powerful(I mean, Marvel bonding!!!), and their hero is also expensive. With high threat range, but low end defense(but it gets pumped quickly thanks to height), a low cost seems about right.

Cool repaints BTW

My customs.
NE Ohio Tourney - TBA
SW Ohio Tourney - NHSD 550 points
AotV - Colliding the minis of AotP with the world of HS.
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:15 PM

1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby! 1moreheroscaper rolls all skulls baby!

I punched in the numbers and estimated costs for the specials into HCC, and I got 65-70 points, but since they are Unique I would say a range from 60-65 points.

Couple this with Flameslayer's 50-60 estimate, I would think 60 is a good starting point.

I too think it is really interesting how you tied them into the Marvel Units--I like it, just need to see how they play with the combination.

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

Hymar's_Temple
1moreheroscaper's_Customs
War_of_the_Great_Wellspring
Old August 12th, 2011, 03:41 AM

TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker TheExplodingCheez knows what's in an order marker

nice professional cards! I'd say the rockhoppers should be 70-50 pts cuz you only get two of them.

My Satirical Strategy Review (dedz to Bothi, stay tuned for more!)

~TheCheez
Old August 13th, 2011, 06:50 PM

MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker MrWookiee knows what's in an order marker

Nice job on the Moon Tribe and Rockhoppers. The Hoppers I'd say are worth about 60, considering low defense and two figures. Moon Tribe are overpriced by 10-20 points. I know you were fitting them into the mold (great repaints by the way!), but 3 attack is kind of unbefitting for Kyrie. I'd say 4... Actually, they do have 7 range once per round... Hmm. How about 4 attack, but it's dropped to 3 after X is revealed?

My customs HERE.
With Two Es
Old August 14th, 2011, 01:42 AM

Thank you for the suggestions, guys.

And thank you for digging up my thread, TEC. I have been busy lately, and it hasn't meant that I haven't been customizing, only that I haven't posted.

A while back, Scytale posted three new customs. Gramlung, Ramtor, and Torram were some of the coolest looking customs I've seen, and since I really wanted my own and I never use the Gnators, I decided to spare a set of Quasatch for the purpose. I can't thank Scytale enough for the inspiration. If you haven't checked out his customs yet, you probably should.

Many pieces of this and that--Deathwalkers and Zettian Guards, mainly, but also Crixus shield, Ne-Gok-Sa's arm, Marcus's shield, and countless tiny pieces of plastic all gave their lives so that my newest customs could look cool and wear belts.

I wanted names that sound like they came out of an 80s, GI-Joe-type cartoon, so . . .

Meet Warhead:

Hotzone:

And Ratatat:

Thanks again to Scytale. I had not conceived of these guys before I saw his work. Please let me know what you think. I haven't posted in about a month and a half and it would be great to have some feedback on these.

And on the Bogdan Skulker, another new mod I hope to be able to post soon.

Thanks!

~Spite

Last edited by spiteofthedice; August 17th, 2011 at 09:55 AM.
Old August 14th, 2011, 08:11 AM

'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness 'Scaper94 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: Spite's Customs - Betallons - Warhead, Hotzone, and Rata

Pretty sweet customs! Very creative, nice job!

My tourney record: 14-32 or 30.43% wins
Check out my multimedia work
Old August 17th, 2011, 10:13 AM

Re: Spite's Customs - Betallons - Warhead, Hotzone, and Rata

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Scaper94 View Post
Pretty sweet customs! Very creative, nice job!
Thanks, man. They were so much fun to put together. Their belts are literally made from bits and chips of plastic from everything else I was taking apart. Okay, so that part wasn't exactly fun, but I'm happy with the way they came out.

And I played them last night. They were great. I'm not sure that BRC does what it needs to do for the Gnators, but it helps, because it makes their huge Move an advantage just in spreading out, rather than always needing a map where they can climb.

Warhead is scary hard to kill. He was the only fully-loaded thing still standing in my army. I was down to one life on Ratatat and the Eldgrim filler I never killed off.

Ratatat was the one I drafted again in our next game. Machine Cannon is pretty versatile. Try to chip away at a big guy, go for several squaddies, or just run clean-up and try to kill a couple squaddies bothering your figures.

Hotzone (or "Hot stuff," as he was immediately nicknamed, as if his name wasn't already suggestive enough) packed a punch and then died in the first game. He had a big hand in taking out Braxas, though, so I guess he earned his bread.

All in all, lots of fun. Thanks for looking. I'd be interested in what others think of my three new guys. They were seriously fun.

~Spite
Old August 17th, 2011, 11:19 AM
Thanksgiving Custom Contest Champion

Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth Scytale is a man of the cloth

I consider myself one-upped. These look amazing!

Yikes, these guys are beastly. Warzone in particular has Q9-level defenses. His power may not be as versatile, but it's still pretty good. Most frighteningly he doesn't have any of Q9's range, vision, or movement problems; park this guy next to Raelin and keep blasting away. You may want to consider upping his cost.

Just a comment on Betallon Remote Coordination: I think I get what you are doing with the power, but it could be read one of two ways. The way I believe it is intended is simply a +1 to Gnators. However, one could interpret it to mean they get a +1 from each Betallon (i.e. from each instance of the power) as long as they are far enough away from all Betallons. I think it's worded ok, we just don't have a precedent for a +1 power like this that doesn't stack.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Custom Units & Army Cards