Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations
Comic Hero Custom Creations Any comic book customs and the discussions surrounding them

Old May 12th, 2010, 04:30 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer
Re: What Type of Custom Creator or Fan Are You?

That's him - Jean Paul - who for about six months to a year was the titular character of Batman and Detective Comics.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 12th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
That's him - Jean Paul - who for about six months to a year was dressed as the titular character of Batman and Detective Comics. ...while Batman was on the mend.
~Aldin, fixingly

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 13th, 2010, 11:54 AM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Yeah, see. I don't even know who that is, so I'd just slap some cool stats on it and have me a cool batman-type guy. I might even go so far as to repaint it, since I don't have a Batman fig...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:03 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The B.I.V. View Post
Yeah, see. I don't even know who that is, so I'd just slap some cool stats on it and have me a cool batman-type guy. I might even go so far as to repaint it, since I don't have a Batman fig...

Brandon

How How do you live without a Batman fig.

Ok Ok Lets have a bakesale to get The B.I.V. his batman of choice.

Seriously how can you survive.

Pete

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:06 PM

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

That one's pretty expensive ... I wouldn't recommend repainting.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old May 13th, 2010, 12:09 PM
Spandau Ballet Fanboy

The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla The B.I.V. is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Good to know. So if I ever pick it up at my second hand shop, sell, don't keep, right?

As for not having a Batman, I play mixed exclusively. If I was really into superheroscape, then it might be an issue...

Brandon

I'm HipHoppa on Urban Rivals! Get cool rewards for your first credit purchase with my invitation code 6360776!
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Custom Creations
The B.I.V.'s Big Bad Heroic Creations
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:22 PM

Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker Felindar knows what's in an order marker

But he He HE IS THE BATMAN.

God makes us strong for a little while so we can defend the weak.
DnD Customs
Comics Customs
Custom Terain
TREKSCAPE
Old May 13th, 2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Good to know. So if I ever pick it up at my second hand shop, sell, don't keep, right? mail it directly to IAmBatman.

As for not having a Batman, I play mixed exclusively. If I was really into superheroscape, then it might be an issue...

Brandon
Fixed.

Old May 13th, 2010, 03:55 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmBatman View Post
Quote:
Good to know. So if I ever pick it up at my second hand shop, sell, don't keep, right? mail it directly to IAmBatman.

Brandon
Fixed.
Love the subtelty there Bats...
Old May 13th, 2010, 05:24 PM

wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby! wulfhunter667 rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Good to know. So if I ever pick it up at my second hand shop, sell, don't keep, right?

Brandon
Dunno if this will help or not, but I picked up a couple of Batman Alpha clix boosters at a local Ross outlet for like 4 bucks. Dunno if you have a Ross where you are, but you might want to keep your eyes peeled, cuz you just never know.
Old May 14th, 2010, 11:53 AM

Monk has disabled reputation

Sorry I arrived late......

Figure Photo over comic photo.......First off it's the way Heroscape/Marvelscape does it secondly you see the actual figure your using, on the board.

Compatability....all figures used should be compatible with Marvelscape..
example: You really like " Black Cat "...OK...just because you like her
dosen't mean she should be a 6 attack 6 defense female version of
Captain America.... I mean, come on.

Short cuts....(flying symbols) no problem as long as all playing know their meaning.

Special characteristics over simplicity......This is what it is all about picking those characteristics which make a Hero/Villain unique from someone else.
Without specials you just have a whole lot of figures...

Ceilings.....I don't care much one way or the other....(is it playable)

As to playtesting....I always playtest and because of that have changed
most of my characters, at least, once.
Old May 18th, 2010, 11:46 PM

Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby! Drewman-chu rolls all skulls baby!

I figure I would take a stab at this. The 2 most frustrating things I have found creating cards is not having the card making skills and not having enough time to playtest and then go back and correct things. The most fun thing has been collaborating with others to make some cool cards. I really have to thank people who helped make the cards or helped with advice on things.

1. Figure Photo or Comic Art
I appreciate both and I think both can be considered "art". I think it the long run comic art wins out over figures for a number of reasons. I have a couple of pet peeves on this topic: For some reason I don't like head shots on cards, I like to see the whole body. Also using the fogging effect on comic art. Why?? it doesn't make it look more "official". The idea that you have to use figure photos because "it's what the creators wanted to use". I don't think any one really knows what the creators wanted to use but what they chose to use, had more to do with production costs then anything else. I sure in some alternate universe all of the classic Heroscape and Marvel used artwork instead of photos.

2. Compatability with Marvel, Valhalla, C3G, NM24, any comic custom,
and/or other customs such as Sci Fi/Star Wars (in other words, are you concerned with your customs playing well with synergies in other genres)

Think they should be compatable all the way around. I think building synergies is between genres is tricky but possible, and overall it makes the product stronger.

3. Theme vs. Mechanics, which one is more important to you. Would you sacrifice something on one in order to perfect the other?
I think they are equally important and the best cards are the ones that show the flavor of the character in a new mechanic. Thing needs to have "clobberin time", Hulk needs a "Hulk smash" and Colossus needs a "fastball special"

4. Custom short cuts such as Flying Symbols or other symbols like team logos, where do you draw your line.
The idea that using symbols makes the cards "less official" is a specious argument. It's like saying that you can't use DC cards because they are not "official" Refinements and improvements should be considered for what they are. That said you can't have a card full of symbols that you need to look up.

5. Individual Secret Identities or Iconic "Lunch Box" Representations What would your custom world include?
I like that you can have different versions of characters. I even think you should be able to have different "era" version of some characters because they have changed over the years. Beast is a good example. Hulk is another.

6. Does your quest for theme mean that you want you specific characteristics always spelled out in the powers, or are you willing to "hide" theme in base stats for "simplicity".
I know I'll be the minority but I like it spelled out better, especially if it's very thematic like "clobberin time". I like when powers offer tactical options otherwise it just dice rolling.

7. Language preference. Are you strict on Heroscape "official" language or are you willing to take liberties on "house slang" such as "...powers that refer to heat, fire or flame..."
I think you should use official powers as much as possible but if a power can't be expressed by official language you need to try something else or just wait till it appears in the next official release. Some of the existing Heroscape powers just don't fit Marvel Heroscape exactly.

8. Do you have a ceiling on the number of powers on a card?
The limit is the space on the card.

9. Do you have a ceiling on point value?
No but you should use existing points as a guide.

10. Are you into the customs to actually play in games, or are you just into the fun of translating comic characters onto cards?
Both

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations