Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units
Official Units Discussion of official HeroScape units

Old August 16th, 2010, 03:20 PM
Under Taro's Banner

S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla S1R_ART0R1US is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of The Drow Chainfighter

While these guys work great solo, depending on them to pull other figures for you to attack is a bit ill-conceived. They have a 40% chance of missing the chaingrab, plus as I said before your opponent will most likely move their figure on their turn if the chain grab is successful. I like these guys, but they don't work as well with other units as you think. A major part of planning in HeroScape is looking at what your opponent will do, not just what you will do.
Old August 17th, 2010, 04:17 AM

jbrandon54 is a puppet of Ne-Gok-Sa

Well, this is one of my first posts. I just got this guy and I'm really wanting to try him out! He seems effecient for 25 points, but I'm not sure how he would do. Hes prone to being sniped or jumped, but would he be worth protecting with a squad? hm..

For the dwarves!
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Online HS Season 1 Champion & 'scape's foremost 'scapegoat

Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun Filthy the Clown is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon54 View Post
Well, this is one of my first posts. I just got this guy and I'm really wanting to try him out! He seems effecient for 25 points, but I'm not sure how he would do. Hes prone to being sniped or jumped, but would he be worth protecting with a squad? hm..
He is a Guard, so he should be doing the protecting. Send him out, in advance of your main force, to draw fire and engage the enemy; or, keep him in a close reserve until your key assets are threatened. Either way, he will be doing his job by protecting your assets from enemy fire...Either by engaging and/or destroying, or by drawing fire.

And...Welcome to the site!
Old August 17th, 2010, 12:25 PM

Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker Frylock knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy the Clown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrandon54 View Post
He is a Guard, so he should be doing the protecting. Send him out, in advance of your main force, to draw fire and engage the enemy; or, keep him in a close reserve until your key assets are threatened. Either way, he will be doing his job by protecting your assets from enemy fire...Either by engaging and/or destroying, or by drawing fire.

And...Welcome to the site!
The bolded part is what I think he should do. Keep him a few spaces behind your melee screen, and try to keep him from being attacked before he makes his move. You will most likely only get 1 or 2 chain grab attempts, so make them count. Raelin is possibly the best target, but any figure in Raelin's aura can be pulled out as well.
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:34 AM

Wild_Imagination Woo who?

So using Chain Grab to snag a figure above you ... would the "get over here" victim take falling damage? (given a height that is within the chain grab limits, but is equal or greater than the small or medium figure)

I mean, a 6 level drop should trigger falling damage on any figure with 6 or less height. Of course, the map would have to lend itself to create this possibility. Shame the chain can't snag a figure for a 10 level drop, which would be heavy falling damage.
Old September 28th, 2010, 08:15 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Imagination View Post
So using Chain Grab to snag a figure above you ... would the "get over here" victim take falling damage? (given a height that is within the chain grab limits, but is equal or greater than the small or medium figure)
Unless there's been a special ruling that is not mentioned in the "rulings and clarifications" section I think yes. Card does not say you don't so therefore the normal rules would apply.
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:00 AM

Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness Fencerjared wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would swear there was a ruling by a Rules Team member that since you were placing the figure, not moving it normally, that it took no falling damage. Mechanically, this power works the same in the end as Saylind's Summoning; I think the reason it has been assumed that the grabbed figure does take falling damage is the thematic image of pulling someone off a cliff with a chain. Unfortunately, I can't find the ruling, but I'm still looking; when I do, it should definitely be put in the clarifications for this unit.

"While there is a lower class, I am in it, while there is a criminal element, I am of it, and while there is a soul in prison, I am not free." - Eugene V Debs
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:01 AM

Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby! Oliver Upshaw rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroc View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild_Imagination View Post
Unless there's been a special ruling that is not mentioned in the "rulings and clarifications" section I think yes. Card does not say you don't so therefore the normal rules would apply.
The answear from Grungebob and R˙chean was no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grungebob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by R˙chean View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljuneau View Post
I see a big difference between a summons (disappearing from one space to appearing in a different space) and a chain drag (being forcibly dragged from one space to another). Dragging someone off a cliff sounds like fun. That's why falling damage in the latter case seems applicable.
Again, it is the flavor of the power's name that is overly influencing this view.

Try reading the powers without reading what they are called. What a power is called (other than the words "SPECIAL ATTACK") has no bearing on how the power works.
Even in the flavor there would be room for wildly different interpretations. I envisioned the chain to be a magically enchanted chain that acts more like a tentacle. That is why I named it "Grab".

But really, the machanic for this power should be clear enough for all. No falling damage!

“Flores died on the way up." Robert Heinlein, "Starship Troopers"
Old September 30th, 2010, 03:26 AM
Did you know that 5 exclamation points is a sign of insanity?

Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Kroc is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This should be in the rulings and clarifications section of the book.
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:44 AM

wolfeman1968 is surprisingly tart

I was looking for this but could not find it, sorry if it is somewhere else.

Lets say I have a Drow Chainfighter engaged can I try to chain grab a figure I am not engaged with. (pull in several figures to set up an area effect Special Attack).
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:59 AM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfeman1968 View Post
I was looking for this but could not find it, sorry if it is somewhere else.

Lets say I have a Drow Chainfighter engaged can I try to chain grab a figure I am not engaged with. (pull in several figures to set up an area effect Special Attack).
Absolutely!

~Aldin, reaching out and touching someone

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old May 5th, 2011, 12:38 AM

Jonny Jon is surprisingly tart

took me 10 attacks tonight to kill one of these with a fen hydra. 2.5 turns.

The way to procure insults is to submit to them: a man meets with no more respect than he exacts. - William Hazlitt

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Units