Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old August 9th, 2011, 08:48 PM
More Interesting Than He Actually Is

Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Margloth is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla
Re: The Book of Fire Ant Swarm

Only 6 years? Are you forgetting the 2 years you've been dealing with Allies and Sidekicks?

C3G Needs You! Interested in playtesting? Want to playtest?
Humbled to have been a C3G Hero!
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:49 PM
Founding Member of C3G and C3V

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Oh, and btw, melee height advantage doesn't work against them and can't climb for sure. Also, they fall and are susceptible to falling damage even when they try to move down just one space. There have been times where I would bond with them with Ant-man and basically drop two off of a bridge and hope for the best as I needed to maximize my attacks or stings.
Old August 9th, 2011, 08:57 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I worked in Pest Control for about 6 years.... I know Ants pretty well, and I promise you that Fire Ants definitely scavenge, forage, and hunt. In point of fact, I saw a thick trail of Fire Ants cleaning the bits of fat and meat out of my grill just yesterday.
Just because something scavenges doesn't mean it's a scavenger, though - a scavenger is a distinct biological term for an animal that seeks out already-dead things to eat. The word "scavenge" is only loosely related to the classification "scavenger."

For example, a dog will scavenge for dead stuff (like roadkill) and eat it, and a lion would be more than happy to take an already-killed carcass away from another animal. But neither would be classified as scavengers.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:19 PM

Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby! Griffin rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny139 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffin View Post
I worked in Pest Control for about 6 years.... I know Ants pretty well, and I promise you that Fire Ants definitely scavenge, forage, and hunt. In point of fact, I saw a thick trail of Fire Ants cleaning the bits of fat and meat out of my grill just yesterday.
Just because something scavenges doesn't mean it's a scavenger, though - a scavenger is a distinct biological term for an animal that seeks out already-dead things to eat. The word "scavenge" is only loosely related to the classification "scavenger."

For example, a dog will scavenge for dead stuff (like roadkill) and eat it, and a lion would be more than happy to take an already-killed carcass away from another animal. But neither would be classified as scavengers.
You are absolutely right. Scavenger is a specific biological animal, and it is used to specifically refer to them. However, the term can also be loosely applied in a general sense to any animal, person, or thing that scavenges. I have had this debate with my friend who is a taxidermist when I called a raccoon a scavenger.
Old August 9th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

Yeah, but these guys aren't scavenging, they're hunting! Unless there's some odd variety of HeroScape that involves feeding bugs with corpses.

(Not that it really matters; I don't think "Hunter" or "Predator" would be particularly accurate representations either.)
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:15 PM

I think Predator would have been kinda cool, but oh well. Hey, that tunnel power can be great for grabbing temporary or Permanent glyphs or just sitting on E-Glyphs, that is kinda scavenger like.

~ Griffin, justifyingly
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:20 PM

All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla All Your Pie is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

I'm rather curious as to why the ants don't have any sort of climbing power that allows them to ignore their height when moving up and down terrain. Was it just to keep costs down, or was there some thematic reason?
Old August 9th, 2011, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Your Pie View Post
I'm rather curious as to why the ants don't have any sort of climbing power that allows them to ignore their height when moving up and down terrain. Was it just to keep costs down, or was there some thematic reason?
Climb x2 could have replaced their tunneling power, however, they were not competitive enough to be worth 10 points, and they were too good and too cheap at 5 points.... so we beefed up the power on tunneling to hopefully compensate for the power level and then also include their amazing climbing powers all in one neat power that also represents their colonized behavior.
Old August 11th, 2011, 01:21 PM
The Closer

Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness Hidicul wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Shouldn't the o in Destructable object in Poison Sting be capitilized?
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:37 PM

neither the "D" or the "O" should be because the term is common not proper.
Old August 11th, 2011, 03:40 PM

However, the "D" is capitalized because it starts the sentence.
Old December 20th, 2011, 07:22 PM

Sam knows what's in an order marker Sam knows what's in an order marker

I can't seem to open the Fire Ant sticker pdfs - it says "404 not found" for both the single and sheet of 20. Can someone help?

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library