Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old June 1st, 2009, 07:51 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker
Hiding Figures in Nooks and Crannies

I've been wondering about this ever since me and my brother's last game... If you were to make an overhang that only had a height of 3 and went 2 hexes deep, making it impossible to become engaged unless the figure can go in the overhang, can you place something like a Deathreaver in there? My brother (even though he never even got across the lake or the glacier area that separated our starting zones) said that he won because I cheated by putting the Deathreaver in there. His army had only a Zombie that could fit in there.

Anything I should know?
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:57 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth
Re: Hiding Figures in Nooks and Crannies

There is no reason you cannot place the figure there.

It was not cheating. It is a cheap move, but not cheating.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:03 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

It's not a cheap move. It is called strategy. And you brother did win if you were not going to attack him.

He had more points remaining.

You're going to need a bigger table.
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:11 PM

Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker Creationist knows what's in an order marker

If it can fit, let it sit.
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM

kpotassiumk19 is surprisingly tart

If you were going to hide in there and not attack, you could end the game and the person with the most points wins. It is pretty cheap but it is legal.

"The greatest advice ever given to me was don't be an idiot. Before I do anything, I always think, would an idiot do this? If they would, I don't do it."

~Dwight, The Office
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:30 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
It's not a cheap move. It is called strategy. And you brother did win if you were not going to attack him.

Sorry, but that's cheap. If it's really, really irritating to your opponent, it's probably a cheap move.

My brother had Charos sitting on a high spot in a game today. I couldn't really get up there, but he sat up there until I finally ventured my minions towards him.... Irritated me. Stupid stalling tactics.
Old June 1st, 2009, 11:51 PM

jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla jbbnbsmith is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

This will be a great strategy to use once I finish my Thomas' English Muffins custom terrain.
Old June 5th, 2009, 03:11 PM
Is a Tingly Soldier of Valhalla

Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death! Killometer is hot lava death!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbnbsmith View Post
This will be a great strategy to use once I finish my Thomas' English Muffins custom terrain.
You could paint some terrain tiles yellow and call them "butter". What would be the movement restrictions for moving through a pool of butter? Treat them like water, swamp water or snow/ice?

(Ooh, now I want to eat some. I wonder if my mini-broiler still works.)

132-98-0 (4/13/09-4/15/24)
38-17-0 (10/17/09-3/9/24)
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:17 PM
http://www.wyoming.gov/

Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker Uchiha Blood knows what's in an order marker

Quote:

Actually that was just in case, I beat him easy. I had Theracus fly Kaemon Awasome up to a huge bridge just outside of Cyprien's movement so he would come then I would hit him with arrows. When my brother starts to lose, he just sits there and goes histerical by dumping his guys in lava or killing his units by 'the heavy winds' or an 'earthquake.'
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:40 PM
Watch out - he's a meme drunk!

Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla Mr Migraine is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Pyre View Post
Quote:

Sorry, but that's cheap. If it's really, really irritating to your opponent, it's probably a cheap move.

My brother had Charos sitting on a high spot in a game today. I couldn't really get up there, but he sat up there until I finally ventured my minions towards him.... Irritated me. Stupid stalling tactics.
It's all really a matter of map design.

If hiding a Deathreaver under a 3 level overhang is possible, it's probably not a very good map.
Old June 5th, 2009, 07:52 PM
Embraces the Suck

rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness rdhight wears ripped pants of awesomeness

Overhangs aren't so bad as long as there's a normal space next to the cranny so a normal-sized figure can get adjacent. It's only after they grow past a certain size that you run into problems.

If a hill has an overhang, that means there's a nearby space a figure on top of that hill can't attack. It helps to tone down the power of height.
Old June 5th, 2009, 09:09 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdhight View Post
Overhangs aren't so bad as long as there's a normal space next to the cranny so a normal-sized figure can get adjacent. It's only after they grow past a certain size that you run into problems.

If a hill has an overhang, that means there's a nearby space a figure on top of that hill can't attack. It helps to tone down the power of height.
The drarves are going to solve that problem.
Hahaha! You are not safe from them, Unless you are a spider.

You're going to need a bigger table.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's