Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion
HeroScape General Discussion General discussions of packaging, terrain, components, etc. If it doesn't fit in any other official category, put it here.

Old December 11th, 2006, 05:10 PM

Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby! Draconious rolls all skulls baby!
If they do it, its gota look like the comics
Old December 11th, 2006, 10:35 PM

Mikestir has disabled reputation
I've never read the comics...

"Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farwell"

my favorite animal is the Liger.
http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm
see they are REAL.
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:48 PM

brickman1444 has disabled reputation
if they made a console game they could release a new game every three waves or so and it would read your memory card or whatever for previous game saves and it would load you to the place in the campaign that you are at, just with more guys to choose from, they would of course expand the campaign too with every new "game"

There, expansion without codes

6 x 9 = 42

Old December 13th, 2006, 05:52 PM

Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker Fourshadow knows what's in an order marker
Why ruin a perfectly good game? Heroscape is so much better than any console game. I have left most such games alone since I discovered HS. In my opinion, they are inferior.

"There's right and there's wrong: you do one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're as dead as a beaver hat." John Wayne in The Alamo
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by ariealaviator
If anyone has ever played the game Gladius for
X-box I think that kind of battle system would work
terrific for a heroscape Video game.
Aye. I've mentioned that game before. Definitely an overlooked gem from Lucasarts. Although, it is more complex than HS. I love how you can customize your characters in that game.

It has the whole Norse mythology theme in it as well.

It is one of the best 3D turn based strategy games out there; I'm surprised it was not a PC game.

Anyone even contemplating putting HS together as a PC or video game needs to look at Gladius as a starting point.
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:41 PM
A Happy Extradimensional Horror

Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death! Pumpkin_King is hot lava death!
I always imagined an HS game to use a Civilization-type turn-based strategy format. You wouldn't build cities or Civilizations, just the fighting would be turn-based. You would start the game with a limited number of units per general, but during the course of the game, you would find point bonuses that can be exchanged for new warriors. If it was a PC game, I don't see a problem with relasing a patch or update when new units are created.
Old December 14th, 2006, 10:58 PM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
No. it would be the worst thing in heroscape history. i would abandon Heorscape. Well, probably not.

Think about it. DO you really want to spend $50 on a MS disc, and then $20 more on each expansion disc? It's not going to happen.

The only way i would ever get involved in something liek this is if they packaged the disc with the expansions and kept the price the same on everything.
Old December 15th, 2006, 12:29 AM

Taylor21279 has disabled reputation
I have just a couple of things to say K/H on your comment. With the video game industry evolving to interactive online experiences, I don't see where mods and updates wouldn't be available. The 360, PS3, Wii, and PC all have online capabilities that are encouraged by their respective manufacturers. Also you not only would have to pay for expansions, but I know a couple of modders that would love to get their hands on a project like this to make their own customs. Ya might have to pay that initial fifty bucks, but I see alot of enjoyment if it was ever made.

"Show me a Hero, and I'll write you a tragedy" - Fitzgerald
Old December 15th, 2006, 12:34 AM
has been BANNED

K/H_Addict costs too much!
i don't. not everyone has internet access to do this online crap. I don't and i don't particularly want to.

Even with the online capabilities, you'd be paying monthly subscriptions more often than you would for expansion discs, so it's still a complete waste.

Heroscape is expanding too rapidly for something like this. For those of us who need 3x of everything have well over a couple thousand dollars tied up in it now. Are you all willing to double (or even more) the amount of money you have in heroscape to be able to play solo? I know i'm not.
Old December 15th, 2006, 12:38 AM

player_of_volleyball Woo who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by K/H_Addict
i don't. not everyone has internet access to do this online crap. I don't and i don't particularly want to.

Even with the online capabilities, you'd be paying monthly subscriptions more often than you would for expansion discs, so it's still a complete waste.

Heroscape is expanding too rapidly for something like this. For those of us who need 3x of everything have well over a couple thousand dollars tied up in it now. Are you all willing to double (or even more) the amount of money you have in heroscape to be able to play solo? I know i'm not.
Not takin sides or anything but K/H if you dont like it dont get it, let the other ppl do what they want to do. I kno you are just tryin to help but let them make their own decisions.

Yes, finally new and better elves to improve my already thick ranks of elves.

Elves shall prevail!
Old December 15th, 2006, 01:59 PM

Mikestir has disabled reputation
Well like Pof, its really up to the ppl who are going to bye it. I may want to play with someone from texas because I bearly have anyone to play with were I live. To me thats a great thing to have., as for expansions I'm never going to want every piece anyways so some online trader solves the problem of getting new units. One person wins or gets a new set, they don't like the set, trade it for something more useful for their army. No sweat.

"Each journey gives rise to chance encounters, and each encounter brings forth a farwell"

my favorite animal is the Liger.
http://www.sierrasafarizoo.com/animals/liger.htm
see they are REAL.
Old December 15th, 2006, 02:22 PM
Master Custom Creator

Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker Annerios knows what's in an order marker
Of course, since turn based strategy is a fading genre in computer games, we'd probably get another me-too real time strategy game or, even worse, a first person shooter featuring Sgt. Drake.

Btw, for those of you that love turn based strategy PC games, check out Silent Storm. It has a real nice 3D turn based engine with a real advancement in turn based games: rag doll physics. Mowing down Nazis is so much fun.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > HeroScape General Discussion