Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General
General Random thoughts and ideas. "General" does not mean random drivel, nonsense or inane silliness.

Old October 29th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!
Tea Time

Lately I have been on a massive tea binge, cold, hot, green, black does not really matter. What I want to know is do you drink tea? What kinds? How do you best enjoy them? Personally Earl Grey is my favorite, a nice comforting taste, slight citrus but not overbearing. If it's hot, a nice cold green tea, lightly sweetened also helps.

DWARVES!
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker
Re: Tea Time

I love Thai iced tea, but at times it can be too sweet. Ohhh, I also like that Vietnamese iced tea with the tapioca pearls in it… yum! The only teas I don't like are the ones with ginger…yuck! It's always to strong.

Pinkies up.
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:39 PM

Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby! Roland rolls all skulls baby!

Boba milk teas? Those things are amazing, once a month or so my girlfriend and I head out to University Village ( A local hotspot) and get boba, crepes, and browse the record store.

DWARVES!
Old October 29th, 2008, 12:52 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Boba, that sounds right. There is a place in one of the local malls (a big chain) that's tasty. However if you want the really good stuff, you have to visit the Vietnamese grocery. They must have 200 different flavors.
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:08 PM
Site Admin & Professional SideBoarder

Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Aldin is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

For black teas, PG Tips is excellent as are Earl Grey and Darjeeling blends. Green teas don't do much for me, but a good spicy chai is always fun (don't bother with the bland version made by Bigelow). For herbals, I love both mint teas and ginger teas (sorry hexplex).

~Aldin, drinking tea since 1989

He either fears his fate too much
or his desserts are small
That dares not put it to the touch
to gain or lose it all
~James Graham
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:13 PM
...has moist legs

Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth Lord Pyre is a man of the cloth

I love iced tea. I haven't had much hot stuff, though.

I'd probably rather drink tea than soda, though.
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Back of man! I can't spell!

Bannister has disabled reputation

McAlister's Sweet Tea.

Dessert tea as we like to call it.

Bannister

That can only mean one thing. And I don't know what it is.
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Has Roman Archers with a Combined Attack of 18. Seriously.

DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby! DragonSlayer2 rolls all skulls baby!

Srry guys but tea just isnt my thing. It just doesnt seem to taste good to me. I would rather have a soda or Gatorade.

In war, indeed, there is no substitute for victory. ~General MacArthur

Great Traders: Nyys, generalgina, Porkins, Grand Moff Venom, Bogusoid, MikeLizzio, FEDEX WORKER
MY TRADE LIST
Old October 29th, 2008, 01:53 PM

I was introduced to "dessert tea" while visiting a friend in North Carolina. The first time I tried it I choked it was so sweet, but by the end of the trip I couldn't get enough. It took 6 months to ween myself off of all that sugary goodness.
Old October 29th, 2008, 02:39 PM
Has A Ticket To Ride

EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla EternalThanos86 is inducted into the Halls of Valhalla

For expensive but worthwhile hot tea blends, check out Teavana. There are several stores throughout the US. My favorite tea from this store is Jasmine Dragon Phoenix Pearls. The stuff is so tasty by itself that I never mix anything with it (sugar, sweetner, cream, nothing!). The worst part is the price, but for real tea, its worth it.

...oh, and nothing beats Lipton Tea for making Sweet Tea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwayman View Post
Classic-Scape is just the Frosting for the Marvel-Scape cake!
Old October 29th, 2008, 07:58 PM
Ban Hammer Slammer!

Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer Malechi is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

I never do the froo-froo, limp-wristed fad of the week teas. I leave those for the sexually ambiguous coffee shop denizens of dread. Just give me a hot Earl Grey no milk, no sugar.

Just because you're offended, it doesn't make you right.
Old October 29th, 2008, 09:13 PM
now with 100% more AWESOME

mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun mad_wookiee is a penguin with a machine gun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldin View Post
For black teas, PG Tips is excellent as are Earl Grey and Darjeeling blends. Green teas don't do much for me, but a good spicy chai is always fun (don't bother with the bland version made by Bigelow). For herbals, I love both mint teas and ginger teas (sorry hexplex).

~Aldin, drinking tea since 1989
I second the PG Tips recommendation - I found it in London a few years ago and was quite pleased to find that Whole Foods stocks it in the States. Lapsong souchong is also an interesting tea - it has a very distinctive smoky flavor that is quite unique.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Off-Topic > General