Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios
Maps & Scenarios Battlegrounds and scenarios

Old December 8th, 2008, 01:43 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker
New way to build your maps.

I had an idea and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it and/or thinks it is a good idea.I am going to try it next time I play.

My plan is to divide my hexes equally among each player and have them build their own "bases" their base can be as big or as small as they want. After all of their bases are done I would connect them to a central battle field that was made up of 4 or more 24 hex pieces, LOS blockers and height.

Then you could build your army based on the terrain layout.

What do you guys think?
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:41 PM
displays Schultzian haplessness

gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness gorthan313 wears ripped pants of awesomeness
Re: New way to build your maps.

Sounds pretty fun! I'll have to try it sometime!

Your curiosity will be the death of you....
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dualahorn View Post
I had an idea and wanted to know if anyone else has tried it and/or thinks it is a good idea.I am going to try it next time I play.

My plan is to divide my hexes equally among each player and have them build their own "bases" their base can be as big or as small as they want. After all of their bases are done I would connect them to a central battle field that was made up of 4 or more 24 hex pieces, LOS blockers and height.

Then you could build your army based on the terrain layout.

What do you guys think?
There have been a few threads with the same basic idea in the past.
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:52 PM

hakysak is surprisingly tart

My gaming troupe tried this a while back. I didn't like it because everyone stayed cooped up in their camps the whole time after they all built a little fortress. Maybe if you install some capture the flag scenarios or something to get people out of their starting zone or play with different type of people than I played with it should do better.

Cavalier, you attacked yourself. That is so funny.
Old December 8th, 2008, 02:53 PM
quoting myself - insanity beckons

nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth nyys is a man of the cloth

SimScape

Though it never got much play-testing, maybe time to rehash and update.

-insert signature here-
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Trainer of n00bs

Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth Cavalier is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakysak View Post
My gaming troupe tried this a while back. I didn't like it because everyone stayed cooped up in their camps the whole time after they all built a little fortress. Maybe if you install some capture the flag scenarios or something to get people out of their starting zone or play with different type of people than I played with it should do better.

Old December 8th, 2008, 03:32 PM

hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker hexplex? knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavalier View Post
Quote:

Stop hitting yourself!
Old December 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
Creamed by Corn

GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness GromBloodboy wears ripped pants of awesomeness

I would just stack mine as high as possible and then just have a large of wall of unclimable height.

Tourney Record:17-10 (08/02/11)
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:04 PM
Likes the Look of Grungebob

KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby! KCU Master 2007 rolls all skulls baby!

When I first started playing that is how all of our maps were built. We just each started in a corner and started building.

As we got better and some people began getting good and building the map to their own advantage we switched to a couple people building the map fairly balanced (not symmetrical).

As we got even better at that, it turned into be building completely balanced and symmetrical maps all the time. It'll be nice to go back to each person building over Christmas.
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:39 PM

Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker Dualahorn knows what's in an order marker

Quote:
I play heroscape a little differently so that wouldn't be a problem.
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM

Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness Mooseman wears ripped pants of awesomeness

So you're asking how a scenario would work if it is play according to a set of house rules that you haven't explained? If you are playing with good players using the official rules, this system has big problems. If you are playing you own house rules, I don't think anybody can help you.
Old December 8th, 2008, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
So you're asking how a scenario would work if it is play according to a set of house rules that you haven't explained? If you are playing with good players using the official rules, this system has big problems. If you are playing you own house rules, I don't think anybody can help you.

Ok. Where are the holes in this if we used regular rules.
If some one build a really tall wall all you need is flying characters to get over it.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Custom HeroScape Creations > Maps & Scenarios