Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy
C3G Legacy Archive of all the original discussions and workshops from the first stage of C3G.

Old January 16th, 2015, 10:15 PM
C3G Con Champ 2021 and 2022!

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!
Re: Public Design Post

Well they finally lost. Mr. Fantastic rolled better on his FL4, allowing more to take a turn. They also jumped all over Malekith, making him burn his X order markers faster. Even with Thing taken out when it was 3 on 1, Mr. Fantastic and Invisible Woman managed to still deal out wounds on Loki until he died.

So it's not completely hopeless.

I will say though, I think the fact that he can have 2 X OM in itself is an unfair test. Because it's going to be one of those things, where if he's not paired with Loki, he'll feel easily messed with. So that's a tough thing to judge. I can easily see him at 280-290 right now, and it's all because of that 2nd X, and Loki's God of Evil deflecting 2-4 wounds each game, was a big deciding factor as well.

Game 7:
Spoiler Alert!

Starting to look a little less one sided, now that the FF have done more relentless offense on Malekith, taking LE to get to him. It was also the first game I successfully used Supernova Special Attack before HT died, which played a big factor.

Game 8:
Spoiler Alert!

Anyways, I am doing as much play testing and preparing as I can, because I want my design to go smoothly and efficiently. I don't want a 6 month+ design phase. heh So I would like to do everything on my part, to get as much data and analysis already prepared. Something we can use when determining how to approach the design, and what might need changing. So rather than saying "I might be able to get to it this weekend", I can already have stuff available. It's easier this way, IMO.

Last edited by Arkham; January 16th, 2015 at 11:01 PM.
Old January 16th, 2015, 11:28 PM

Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death! Arkham is hot lava death!

Played another game, and I'm thinking more and more the tide has turned, and this matchup is more even than initially thought. With HT used as a pure kamikaze unit, FO4 painting Malekith with wounds he can't avoid, and then everyone ganging up on Malekith out of the gate and not focusing on anyone else until he is dead, even if it costs them a couple casualties(Invisible Woman and Human Torch), it seems to be the kryptonite to this synergy. Loki even hit his God of Evil to deflect Thing's 4 wounds back on him, so it wasn't a case of bad luck on either side. I think if you examine the notes of each game, there's a definite pattern to the more one sided games, it was a matter of poor luck, not focusing enough on Malekith right away, or Human Torch not being used to his fullest.

Game 9:
Spoiler Alert!

3 more games. 1 win for Malekith's team, and 2 wins for the Fantastic Four. Both team had 1 strong win, and there was 1 where it came down to the last wound one ach team, with Thing taking the victory.

Game 10:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 11:
Spoiler Alert!

Game 12:
Spoiler Alert!

That'll do it for now. I feel it gave me a good idea on how this version plays, strengths and weaknesses, and what Malekith offers as a unit. The final tally:

Malekith, Loki, and Gamora (~1000, Malekith being tested at 270): 3
vs.
Cable, Wolverine, Sage, and Psylocke (995): 0

Malekith, Loki, and Gamora (~1000, Malekith being tested at 270): 4
vs.
The Fantastic Four(1000): 5

Total: 7 wins, 5 losses

Last edited by Arkham; January 17th, 2015 at 01:34 AM.
Old January 17th, 2015, 01:15 PM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Nice work!

A cloud can change its semblance, yet retain its will
With the intimacy of destruction, One knows what it is to be alive
The empty sky holds no reflection, for sorrow
- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 17th, 2015, 08:05 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

The figure used for this unit is a Heroclix figure from the Sinister set.
Its model number and name are #070 / Whizzer or #071-072 / Speed Demon.

NAME = SPEED DEMON
SECRET IDENTITY = JAMES SANDERS

SPECIES = MUTATE
UNIQUENESS = UNIQUE HERO
CLASS = CRIMINAL
PERSONALITY = CONFIDENT

SIZE/HEIGHT = MEDIUM 5

LIFE = 5

MOVE = 8
RANGE = 1
ATTACK = 5
DEFENSE = 6

POINTS = 170-200(?)

SUPERSPEED
Speed Demon may move through all figures, never takes leaving engagement attacks, and does not have to stop his movement when entering water spaces. After taking a turn with Speed Demon, if Speed Demon did not use his Rapid Blows Special Attack this turn, Speed Demon may move up to an additional 4 spaces.

RAPID BLOWS SPECIAL ATTACK
Range 1. Attack 1.
Figures without the Superspeed special power may not roll more than 1 defense die against Rapid Blows Special Attack. After attacking with this special attack, Speed Demon may attack up to two additional times with this special attack, targeting the same or different figures for each attack.

------------------
Background: Speed Demon is a Marvel character with history going back to the late 60s; he was originally created as an all-new villainous version of Marvel's unfortunately-named Golden Age speedster, the Whizzer. He was part of the Squadron Sinister, a team of evil Justice League analogs empowered by the Grandmaster to battle the Avengers. After the Squadron was defeated, Sanders broke out on his own and took the name Speed Demon. Ever since, he's been a persistent (but small) thorn in the side of Marvel's heroes, often crossing paths with Spider-Man.

Speed Demon is a major cast member in New Thunderbolts and The Superior Foes of Spider-Man, both of which I highly recommend.

Last edited by Ronin; January 16th, 2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old January 17th, 2015, 09:33 PM
A Jacquee in Disguise?

Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth Soundwarp SG-1 is a man of the cloth

Kinda werid that Wally can't roll more than 1 die agaisnt the SA just cause he has super-super speed. I guess that ship already sailed with Zoom, though I don't get why his SA works better agaisnt Wally either.

My Repaints and Mods: Updated 1-13
My Custom Cards: Updated 4-15
My Custom Superheroes: Updated 1-13
My figure images for online games:
Alliance figures, Utgar figures
My Etsy Store
Old January 17th, 2015, 09:45 PM
Symbiotic

Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death! Ronin is hot lava death!

Yeah, it's weird against Wally, theme-wise. Not deliberate, just forgot there were speedsters without superspeed. In the case of Zoom, Zoom came first, so the interaction was likely just overlooked when Wally was designed.
Old January 18th, 2015, 02:58 PM

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth

Pretty cool design for Speed Demon. Judge Dredd is always interested in new Criminals.
Without multiple normal attacks or range he should not cause an issue with LexCorp Security.

Kudos to Aggressive Sock for going the extra mile to playtest his design pre-LD.
I think it is really going to pay off for you.
I encourage everyone in the Public to do the same. It will help the development of the design and you may discover a great way to tweak the design before it goes to voting.
I would suggest not messing with it once voting starts and re-visit the design when voting ends.

I like how he interacts with Loki but keep in mind that single bit of synergy could drive up his cost. Hopefully not so much that he rarely gets his value unless teamed with Loki.

Does he work with others?

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2015, 03:15 PM

Thanks for the words of encouragement.

From my tests, I don't feel he is overpowered with Loki, at 270. He just requires your full attention right off the bat, until he is dead, or Loki is dead. It's also worth noting that he has a lot of weaknesses/counters to Illusionary Arts, that bypass it. For instance, any auto-wounding figures can really mess him up(Magneto for instance, with Destiny, would toss him around with ease.). So that's one way, but also Wonder Woman, multiple attackers, multiple turn takers(FF, Wrecking Crew etc.), and anyone with Magical Defense(especially Doctor Strange, would give him a rough day with only 4 defense). So I don't feel his pro completely outweighs his cons, so much that his cost must skyrocket due to the one link with Loki, in which he seemed fine at 270.

As for how he works with others? Gamora or anyone with Master Martial Artist, to switch out with and potentially cause unblockable wounds on the opponent, is a nice combo. Darkseid, Blob, Electro, and anyone with auto-shields, would certainly play into his favor just off the top of my head. Loki himself, moreso than the additional X, made it difficult for the other team with his God of Evil, often deflecting 2-4 wounds back on the attacker.

So there's still some experimenting to be done, and brainstorming on good combos. My excitement and passion for the design was based purely on Illusionist Deception/Illusionary Arts, because it allows for a new type of synergy/threat. It requires not only thought on how to best supplement Malekith's options for switching out to really mess with the opponent, but also knowing what specials they have that could potentially hurt them as well.

One thing I was unsure of, is if Malekith switches out with an enemy Psylocke, does Psylocke's Master Martial Artist have to be used? As in, if Psylocke rolls excess shields, against her own ally technically, would they still receive wounds? Is it a choice? Because in my play tests against the mutants, who lost, I played that into effect that it had to be used. If not, those particular games would have faired slightly better for the Mutant army.
Old January 18th, 2015, 03:26 PM

Interesting. I am not sure how that would be ruled but if it does not say 'may' in the power I would guess that it must be used.
Just keep in my mind that no matter how many builds may be good against Mal, if there is a strong build for and a weak build against, it will drive his cost up.
However, demonstrating his weaknesses may give you some leverage in the debate.

I am looking forward to the LD. I knew it was destined for greatness after all the attention it garnered in the Public Design thread. That was really rare.

- Eslo Rudkey
Old January 18th, 2015, 03:36 PM
Symbiotic

I haven't pitched in too much on Malekith, but I've been following the conversation, and the amount of work put in here is impressive. Good luck with the upcoming LD! (Of course, the voting hasn't officially ended... but with Bill so close, it seems like the nomination thread should be moving along pretty soon)
Old January 18th, 2015, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin View Post
I haven't pitched in too much on Malekith, but I've been following the conversation, and the amount of work put in here is impressive. Good luck with the upcoming LD! (Of course, the voting hasn't officially ended... but with Bill so close, it seems like the nomination thread should be moving along pretty soon)
I'm quite excited to see what gets nominated this next round. I'm hoping mine goes as quick and smooth as possible, because I just want to see more Public Designs get made. There's a lot of solid designs currently being pushed.

And yes, I realize I have jumped the gun a bit, but, everyone suggested people play test and prepare for things etc., so that's exactly what I did. heh
Old January 18th, 2015, 04:25 PM

I played a game where the enemy team purposely refrained from using attacks, until Malekith was dead, completely denying him of IA. Relying solely on Magneto's MA(which Magneto was killed off pretty soon thanks to a 5 skull roll from Malekith) and Psylocke's PK to deal out auto-wounds, with the help from Destiny. It ended up being pretty close, but the Mutants took the victory.

Game 13:
Spoiler Alert!

This game was even closer.

Game 14:
Spoiler Alert!

Last edited by Arkham; January 18th, 2015 at 04:52 PM.

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy