Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's
Official Rules & FAQ's Compilation and discussion of official HeroScape Rules and Frequently Asked Questions. **Special attacks never receive any bonuses.**

Old September 12th, 2016, 01:07 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!
Special attack vs ability vs Attack

I'm brand new to HS so please be gentle. I've tried searching and I've tried ready the rule book I have and even looking through the FAQ and I'm only more confused.

I'm going to try and Number these so that when responding I know what question your referring to.
1. Can I perform both and "Special Attack" and a Normal attack on my Turn (I under stand there are 3 turns in a round) I'm pretty sure I can only perform 1 attack (special OR normal) on a characters turn...but then see question 2

2. Can I perform an Ability on my card in addition to performing a Normal or special attack. I think I can, but what about something like Sonlen Dragon Swoop that seems like another attack but doesnt say attack? (I think so but again not sure)

3. Finally in my reading someone said that a character can use a special ability EACH turn, does this mean Sonlen could use Dragon Healing 3x in a round?

thanks in advance for the help guys!
Old September 12th, 2016, 01:21 PM
"like" happy

TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death! TREX is hot lava death!
Re: Special attack vs ability vs Attack

You could try the question dump thread for future questions, Heres a link:
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=27606
Only one attack per turn per character activated. For instance if it is a hero, 1 attack.
Either Special or Normal. If a squad, then one attack for each figure in the squad per turn. Same as the hero.
If it is an ability you may do it also, Unless it says "instead of attacking."
For 3 yes He can use dragon healing once per turn for three in a round if you have all turn markers on him.

Check out my ebay where you can find my custom dice trays and dicetowers:
https://www.ebay.com/usr/captainamazing_jerdo
Old September 12th, 2016, 02:43 PM
Dad_Scaper Dad_Scaper is offline. Isn't that smurfy?
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

First of all, you don't have to ask us to be gentle here. We are gentle with newbies, and we are gentle with each other. This board isn't like other boards you've been to.

Second of all, that thread that TREX linked is the best place for questions like this, because many of us monitor it and will respond quicker if you post there.

Third:
1. One attack per turn. Special or normal. You know something is a "special attack" because it has the words "special attack" in its name.

2. Yes. You can Dragon Swoop and attack on the same turn with Sonlen.

3. Yes, but that means 3 order markers on Sonlen.

Also, remember that Special Attacks never get bonuses. Units defending from special attacks might get bonuses - height, or Raelin's aura, or whatever - but the attacker never gets a bonus to a special attack.

Welcome aboard!

The designs of the Age of Annihilation, and their ACES compatibility with VC
C3V "Easily the best quality classic customs I have ever seen."
= =
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
First of all, you don't have to ask us to be gentle here. We are gentle with newbies, and we are gentle with each other. This board isn't like other boards you've been to.

Earlier today I was reading how the "Internet" was getting worse with Trolling behavior. Having not strayed into other boards in a while, I didn't see it. However, if you do go looking, it does seem that Heroscapers.com is something special. Most people type in sentences and paragraphs with fairly decent spelling and Grammar. We actively encourage newbie questions.

I have even engaged in every one of the "Hot button" issues without falling prey to Godwin's Law. Conversations here are civil and cordial, which seems to mimic the play seen across the country of out silly little game.

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:41 PM

DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby! DocBlizz rolls all skulls baby!

Awesome Guys Thanks I'm use to mostly Video Game Forums where people start Meme/Flame wars at the drop of a hat or scream and refuse to answer a question when posted in the wrong place. Thanks for the Link and the answers guys! I'm REALLY enjoying HS...as are my boys...now to find a way to get some more figures/terrain without breaking the bank!
Old September 12th, 2016, 03:57 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth Dad_Scaper is a man of the cloth

Patience, if you can manage it. That's how. The problem is that it's so hard to resist.

= =
Old September 12th, 2016, 04:25 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Librarian

wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth wriggz is a man of the cloth

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlizz View Post
Awesome Guys Thanks I'm use to mostly Video Game Forums where people start Meme/Flame wars at the drop of a hat or scream and refuse to answer a question when posted in the wrong place. Thanks for the Link and the answers guys! I'm REALLY enjoying HS...as are my boys...now to find a way to get some more figures/terrain without breaking the bank!
Not an explicit Questions but:

Try the Sales and Trade Thread - http://www.heroscapers.com/community...play.php?f=110

C3V and SoV Customs are as good (or Better) than Official and may be easier to sorce mini's for - http://www.heroscapers.com/community...splay.php?f=75

Arena of the Planes walker is a great game and an awesome way to get a few tiles and super easy to set up table mats so you can use your terrain to built hills instead of to expand the ground - http://www.heroscapers.com/community...play.php?f=149

wriggz's custom Figures, Terrain and Glyphs
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post

Second of all, that thread that TREX linked is the best place for questions like this, because many of us monitor it and will respond quicker if you post there.

Third:
1. One attack per turn. Special or normal. You know something is a "special attack" because it has the words "special attack" in its name.

2. Yes. You can Dragon Swoop and attack on the same turn with Sonlen.

3. Yes, but that means 3 order markers on Sonlen.

Also, remember that Special Attacks never get bonuses. Units defending from special attacks might get bonuses - height, or Raelin's aura, or whatever - but the attacker never gets a bonus to a special attack.

Welcome aboard!
Thanks for this.

Ive another question are the special attacks effected bu special abilities? Like:
sgt drake alexander had an ability that says cant be attacked unless opponent is adjacent (paraphrasing as i donr have the card with me)

So i know this applies to normal attacks but does this also apply ro Solens dragon swoop (witch is NOT an attack) or any special (ranged) attack?
Old September 14th, 2016, 07:29 PM

Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby! Marro_Warlord rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBlizz View Post
Ive another question are the special attacks effected bu special abilities? Like:
sgt drake alexander had an ability that says cant be attacked unless opponent is adjacent (paraphrasing as i donr have the card with me)

So i know this applies to normal attacks but does this also apply ro Solens dragon swoop (witch is NOT an attack) or any special (ranged) attack?
Nope! Drake can be targeted by an opponent's figure that is using a special attack, and Sonlen's Dragon Swoop.

Thorian Speed only protects from Normal Attacks, not Special Attacks. In addition, Dragon Swoop is a Special Power, not an attack, so it can be used on Drake as well if you are not adjacent.

Oops, rolled a 1.
Old September 14th, 2016, 09:09 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

The answers to these questions are normally on the cards themselves. So if you don't know, for instance, if a defensive power works against a special attack, look at the wording of the special power. It should tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorian Speed
Opponents' figures must be adjacent to Sgt. Drake Alexander to attack him with a normal attack.

= =
Old September 14th, 2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dad_Scaper View Post
The answers to these questions are normally on the cards themselves. So if you don't know, for instance, if a defensive power works against a special attack, look at the wording of the special power. It should tell you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorian Speed
Opponents' figures must be adjacent to Sgt. Drake Alexander to attack him with a normal attack.
Ahh thats helpful to know...Sorry I'm still just trying to learn the grammar of the game.
Old September 14th, 2016, 11:22 PM
Enjoy the Sausage

No worries! There's no need to apologize. I overlook stuff like that all the time, and I've been doing this for much longer than you.

= =

Go Back   Heroscapers > Official Valhalla HeroScape > Official Rules & FAQ's