Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library
C3G Legacy Library This is the archive for all the designs released in the original era of C3G. Feel free to post any figure specific questions in their individual books.

Old April 8th, 2019, 09:59 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hobgoblin (Initial Playtesting)

Cool - no other thoughts, so I'll formally PROPOSE WE MOVE TO PUBLIC PLAYTESTING!
Old April 9th, 2019, 08:03 AM
Fan Fiction Prompt Master

Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth Tornado is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hobgoblin (VOTE for Playtesting)

Yea
Old April 9th, 2019, 08:36 AM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

This passes to Playtesting!

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 9th, 2019, 09:02 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth johnny139 is a man of the cloth

It does?

...so it does! Thanks all, posting now.
Old April 9th, 2019, 09:11 AM
Tickle Pickle

tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth tcglkn is a man of the cloth
Re: The Book of Hobgoblin (Playtesting Phase)

Totally missed this but would have voted yea.
Old April 16th, 2019, 07:01 PM
Never CoN a CoN man

In from Arch-vile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch-vile
C3G STANDARD PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE PLAYTEST UNIT: Hobgoblin

Army Test
Map: Swamp Thing
Units: Hobgoblin, Hired Guns, Riddler (535) VS Green Lantern Kyle, Green Constructs: Mech Warrior x1, Shield x3, Decoy x1 (530)
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
Map: Swamp Thing
Units: Hobgoblin, Street Thugs x3 (490) VS Batman 1, Robin (Dick), Robin (Tim), Alfred (480)
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Hobgoblin seemed worthwhile in my tests. His 3-attacks special and Gas Pumpkin (and bonding with Street Thugs or pseudo-bonding with Hired Guns) means his offensive output is pretty crazy. However his high cost and those squad’s weakness & reliance on him or other Crime Lords helps balance that.

After my first test I was worried he was too strong because he almost single handedly took out Kyle Rayner and his Green Construct army. However I think I could have played Kyle smarter (keeping the constructs adjacent and using battery markers to protect them). Additionally, the second game was somewhat of a relief, as Hobgoblin was wounded fairly easily and couldn’t do enough damage to win the game (though he got close). I didn't play on a map with concrete/asphalt though, so that probably would have tilted the odds towards the Street Thug/Hobgoblin army.

I could see a 10-20 point increase or keeping him as-is depending on how the other tests go.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: I liked the theme of the design. Pestering Pursuit is clearly designed to use against Spider-Man, which is perfect. It’s also handy against figures like Dick Grayson Robin who can move out of range. He’s fun to play and another good take on a Green Goblin type figure.
Small games, and while he did pretty crazy in that first game, I do think that it was a rough matchup for the GL army - lots of attacks means lots of opportunities to whiff against rolls you could have stopped.

He might warrant a point bump, if that keeps up. I don't think it's necessary, but I'm also keeping an "add a d20 roll to the Gas Pumpkin" in my back pocket. It'd be pretty low (like 5+), but enough to make him less reliable.
Old April 16th, 2019, 07:08 PM
C3G Landlord

Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth Yodaking is a man of the cloth

I kind of like that d20 idea to not make the -1 defense a for sure thing. That would be significant since the -1 defense occurs for 7 or 8 attacks.
Old April 16th, 2019, 08:11 PM
Best There Is! - C3G Con 2020 Champ

IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer IAmBatman is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

Good analysis there. I'd say he's within 10 points thus far. Urban terrain or not is a big power swing for the Street Thugs so not surprised to see it effectively swinging the results here.

C3G can be played with official Heroscape, but it's not recommended.

DISCLAIMER: C3G claims no ownership of the characters or artwork used for C3G customs. All rights for the characters belong to their respective publishers/creators. C3G cards are not intended for sale, and C3G does not authorize any party to profit from C3G cards.

Old April 17th, 2019, 11:45 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

I am also impressed with how well the armies performed in those games, and would not mind a little point bump to be safe. Defense reduction is always dangerous ground to tread on but I don't know that a roll needs to happen moreso than maybe a limit to the amount of times it can occur back to back.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!
Old April 24th, 2019, 11:17 PM
A Man of Taste

japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer japes is a wielder of the Ban Hammer

On wow...I love this. Really evolved from what was discussed so many years ago. Really excited about this one.

Would I want it to be everything I love...sure...but that's just not realistic so I'm going to focus on finding things that will make me unhappy and work on fixing those.
Old April 25th, 2019, 07:25 AM
Never CoN a CoN man

@Scapemage - if he's feeling oppressive after your first game, feel free to implement the following for Gas Pumpkin:

GAS PUMPKIN 5
After moving and before attacking, you may choose a figure Hobgoblin passed over this turn and roll the 20-sided die. If you roll 5 or higher, for the rest of this player turn, that figure subtracts 1 from its Defense number and, when it uses a special power and the 20-sided die is rolled, you may subtract 2 from whatever is rolled. Figures that are not affected by Gas Glyphs are not affected by this special power.
Old April 25th, 2019, 03:10 PM
From less than zero to Hero!

Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death! Scapemage is hot lava death!

Quote:
C3G INITIAL PLAYTEST FEEDBACK FORM

NAME OF THE TEST UNIT Hobgoblin

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

Map: Mole Hills.
Units: Hobgoblin (265), Killer Penguins, Street Thugs x2, and Hush (700) vs. Invisible Woman, Iceman, Mister Freeze, and Plastic Man (700).
Spoiler Alert!

Army Test
- Does it pass, Yes or No? Yes.

Map: Mole Hills.
Units: Hobgoblin (265), Killer Penguins, Street Thugs x2, and Hush (700) vs. Invisible Woman, Iceman, Mister Freeze, and Plastic Man (700).
Spoiler Alert!

THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT'S COST, BALANCE, & DRAFTABILITY: Hobgoblin went 1-1 here in these games. He is very effective at kiting and also getting in multiple attacks on a weak target, but he didn’t feel oppressive at all. He has a lot of bonding options between Hush, Street Thugs, and Killer Penguins, not even mentioning Hired Guns and more. His high cost is justified by the strength and versatility of the faction, but 265 seemed fine. 275 would even be good.

GENERAL THOUGHTS ON THE TESTED UNIT: He feels very similar to Green Goblin, as he should! He’s got a lot of mobility and it nice to have a really active member of the Crime Lord echelon.
Here you are. I ran the same armies twice to get a good feel and it ended up being a 1-1.

Like Superheroes and Comics?
C3G Project is Always Looking for New Members!

Head here to get started!

Playtesting is the most helpful thing!

Go Back   Heroscapers > Marvel Legends HeroScape > Comic Hero Custom Creations > C3G SuperScape > C3G Legacy > C3G Legacy Library