Heroscapers
Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events
Events Post your HS event or find an event near you

View Poll Results: Would you like to attend a tournament in the Cincy area?
YES: I will make every effort to attend if it happens! 8 57.14%
MAYBE: I'd like to, but I'd need to know more details. 6 42.86%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 16th, 2010, 08:57 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!
Cincinnati, OH Tournament Interest?

Anybody out there!?

I haven't noticed anything happening in the Cincinnati area for quite a while, so I'm checking out the possibility of organizing a tournament. It probably wouldn't be until early next year if it happens at all. I have a possible location, but I need to get an idea of how many people might be interested before I can proceed with an kind of plans. I know other plans might get in the way after a date is set, but if you could let me know if you'd be interested in attending such an event, it would be helpful. This is not a commitment. Thanks!

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
― Anthony Ryan, Blood Song
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:00 PM

Dragonmaster384 is surprisingly tart
Re: Cincinnati, OH Tournament Interest?

I would be interested. I'm always looking for people to play with, and Cincinnati is more convenient to me than Louisville.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Want to count your 'scape?
http://www.heroscapers.com/community...ad.php?t=32267
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:03 PM

Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby! Johnnylama rolls all skulls baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmaster384 View Post
I would be interested. I'm always looking for people to play with, and Cincinnati is more convenient to me than Louisville.
Wow-- that was quick! I didn't even have a chance to get the poll up yet. I hope there are more like you out there.

“Battle is a hard business, sister. Soft training will make for soft soldiers who will in turn become soft corpses.”
Old September 16th, 2010, 09:25 PM

Haha, I just happened to be looking through the events forum at the time you put this up, dumb luck I guess.

8 RotV, 2 MTCB, 4 SotM, 2 BftU, 5 RttFF, 4 VW, 3 TT, 9 FotA, 3 TJ, 2+ of each Unique, 3+ of each Common/Uncommon
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:00 PM

Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker Sport351 knows what's in an order marker

I and my friend Gelcom would likely attend.

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand, lead him to a quiet place and kill him."
— Mark Twain
Old September 17th, 2010, 03:19 PM
PDFin' sweet self spammer

lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth lefton4ya is a man of the cloth

Great idea. I suggest you all try to come to NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10 so you can get a feel for tournaments before hosting one.
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefton4ya View Post
Great idea. I suggest you all try to come to NHSD Columbus Ohio - 10/16/10 so you can get a feel for tournaments before hosting one.
I've gone to about 5-6 tournaments in the Dayton area (about an hour away), and one of the organizers suggested that I try to organize something around Cincinnati since nothing's happened around here for a while. He even offered to help with materials (since his collection is MUCH bigger than mine). I've discussed the possibility with a FLGS, and they said they might be able to find an open day if enough people were interested, so here I am, checking for interest!

I'm a "maybe" for Columbus right now, which is really more of a probably at this point, unless something major pops up.

Old September 17th, 2010, 05:04 PM

WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby! WOOKIE rolls all skulls baby!

If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I think you should get a decent turnout.

Loves all Scape

Still hasn't taken his Christmas decorations down.
Old September 18th, 2010, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WOOKIE View Post
If there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I think you should get a decent turnout.
I hope so. They're a pretty busy store, and they run a lot of stuff on Saturdays. The guy at the store said he usually tries to get a regular weekly group going for a game during the week or on Sunday to build up interest before trying to do a tournament on a Saturday. I'd love to do that if I had the time, but I don't. Apart from my job and family, the store is on the other side of town from me, and it's still the closest FLGS that I know of. Maybe I could run some demos or something, but I can't do a weekly commitment. If anyone is interested and has the time, let me know and I'll tell you where to go and who to contact!

Instead of doing that, I told him that a lot of Heroscape player keep in touch through this site, so I'd try to show him how many people I might be able to get through here.

Old October 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM

If you do get anything going, you should have me + whoever I can drag along, which could be anywhere from 1 to 5 people.... I'd say some of the guys from Louisville may be interested as well.

Old November 15th, 2010, 10:36 AM
Sheeple of the Codex of Ultimate Wisdom and Morality

SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death! SuperflyTNT is hot lava death!

We should definately at least try to hook up for a couple of gamedays, even if there's no tourney. There's a lot of us who live in NorKY and Cincinnati, no reason we shouldn't play together some weekend for a couple of hours or something.

Heck, I have a gamenight at my place every other weekend.

I was famous, once...
http://www.heroscapers.com/community/blog.php?b=1715
Visit my site:
http://www.superflycircus.com
"I'm not cute...I'll mess you up!" ~Jake The Dog
Old November 15th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Online HS Season 12 Champ, But Still Three-N-Two

MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth MegaSilver is a man of the cloth

Dumb question, but:

How far away is Cincinnati from Louisville? (Or more specifically Pet Shop Comics?)

I'd like to go, but I have to know how far away it is...

Go Back   Heroscapers > HeroScapers Community > Events